Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take VAR over League One referees? 11:22 - Feb 5 with 1749 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

As awful as VAR is, I probably would take it being correct most of the time than the official at our level being wrong most of the time.

Anyway, Shrewsbury have every right to be livid. How can anyone at Stockley Park give an offside for the THIRD phase of play. The scorer was offside when the ball was played to a team mate on the other side of the pitch and then onside when the cross came in (second phase) which another team mate then headed at goal (third phase).

At the weekend Jordan Henderson scored a goal that the same VAR gave at the SAME GROUND when he was offside in the same circumstances but then he scored directly from the second phase when the ball was cut back to him.

Absolutely astonishing that officials could get this so wrong. Even worse that the FA Cup can have ties in the same round with and without VAR. Massively wrong to the integrity of the competition.

All this and it's still better than League One referees!
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 11:23]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 11:29 - Feb 5 with 1713 viewshomer_123

You see, VAR is still a person(s) interpretation....it doesn't actually solve anything. A waste of time, money and simply continues the downward spiral of football.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 11:31 - Feb 5 with 1705 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 11:29 - Feb 5 by homer_123

You see, VAR is still a person(s) interpretation....it doesn't actually solve anything. A waste of time, money and simply continues the downward spiral of football.

But it is not the referee making a split second decision on the pitch.

It's a referee that has several minutes to know what my sunday morning referees would know, that the player was not interfering with play 50 yards over the other side of the pitch and that it's a perfectly valid goal under the rules they should know inside out.

I get that a red card challenge is still down to one mans interpretation but you cannot interpret this offside decision as anything other than a perfectly valid goal under the rules.

Amazing when Liverpool were given a goal against Southampton in the same circumstances, but one phase of play less at Anfield 3 or 4 days ago. That VAR ref knew the rules.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 11:33 - Feb 5 with 1698 viewsSouperJim

The offside rule has never really worked, it's overly complex and without VAR you're dependent on the assistant ref being able to look in two places at once, sometimes multiple times within the same passage of play.

More than anything I think officials need to err on the side of caution far more than they do. If you're not a certain about a decision, don't give it. Simple. I also wish they would favour the attacking team more, so many negative practices in our game, defenders being allowed to "shield" the ball when further than 5 yards from it, goalkeepers having a divine right to win aerial challenges etc.

I could live with League One referees if they weren't so easily influenced by players. Wrong decisions are part and parcel of the game, but players being able to convince officials to reconsider decisions is farcical.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 11:35]

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 13:04 - Feb 5 with 1615 viewsGarv

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 11:33 - Feb 5 by SouperJim

The offside rule has never really worked, it's overly complex and without VAR you're dependent on the assistant ref being able to look in two places at once, sometimes multiple times within the same passage of play.

More than anything I think officials need to err on the side of caution far more than they do. If you're not a certain about a decision, don't give it. Simple. I also wish they would favour the attacking team more, so many negative practices in our game, defenders being allowed to "shield" the ball when further than 5 yards from it, goalkeepers having a divine right to win aerial challenges etc.

I could live with League One referees if they weren't so easily influenced by players. Wrong decisions are part and parcel of the game, but players being able to convince officials to reconsider decisions is farcical.

My thoughts exactly.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 13:06 - Feb 5 with 1611 viewsTractorCam

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 11:31 - Feb 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

But it is not the referee making a split second decision on the pitch.

It's a referee that has several minutes to know what my sunday morning referees would know, that the player was not interfering with play 50 yards over the other side of the pitch and that it's a perfectly valid goal under the rules they should know inside out.

I get that a red card challenge is still down to one mans interpretation but you cannot interpret this offside decision as anything other than a perfectly valid goal under the rules.

Amazing when Liverpool were given a goal against Southampton in the same circumstances, but one phase of play less at Anfield 3 or 4 days ago. That VAR ref knew the rules.

And they still get it wrong often.

Massive no to VAR.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 13:19 - Feb 5 with 1585 viewsJimmyJazz

Yes, VAR would be an improvement. If a VAR referee gets a decision wrong then it's his fault - he shouldn't really be a referee - it's not the fault of VAR. People just don't get this.

I was shocked to discover in the Accrington away game that there is no goal line technology at this level. WTF???

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 15:47 - Feb 5 with 1520 viewsRadlett_blue

How does having VAR for only some FA Cup ties affect the "integrity of the competition? It doesn't confer an advantage to either team so surely each tie is contested fairly, with or without VAR.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 16:23 - Feb 5 with 1482 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Can we just have Goal line technology? it is astonishing at this professional level of football that it is not in use. Absolutely absurd.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 16:34 - Feb 5 with 1473 viewsRadlett_blue

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 16:23 - Feb 5 by JammyDodgerrr

Can we just have Goal line technology? it is astonishing at this professional level of football that it is not in use. Absolutely absurd.

Installing goal line technology in a stadium costs around £250,000 so I don't think it's coming to the lower leagues any time soon.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 17:35 - Feb 5 with 1444 viewsWickets

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 11:33 - Feb 5 by SouperJim

Amen to that .
Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 17:53 - Feb 5 with 1425 viewsRonFearonsHair

No. It sucks the enjoyment out of the game. Would people who like VAR not be better off watching e-sports?
Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 19:14 - Feb 5 with 1387 viewsKeaneish

Never. VAR should go. It takes the heroes and villains out of the game and it’s those we need most.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 19:16 - Feb 5 with 1381 viewsPinewoodblue

League one standard referees in the VAR room what could possibly go wrong.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 10:33 - Feb 6 with 1288 viewsGeoffSentence

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 16:34 - Feb 5 by Radlett_blue

Installing goal line technology in a stadium costs around £250,000 so I don't think it's coming to the lower leagues any time soon.

Once it is installed is there any reason why it cannot remain? So it would gradually get implemented across the league as teams get promoted and relegated.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 10:48 - Feb 6 with 1272 viewsrickw

No, I think they talked about this on the Euro leagues podcast and abroad where they have VAR in lower leagues they said the level of the VAR referees is considerably worse - they are a lot slower and far less correct than the poor ones we already have in the Premier League!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 13:25 - Feb 6 with 1222 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Would you take VAR over League One referees? on 10:33 - Feb 6 by GeoffSentence

Once it is installed is there any reason why it cannot remain? So it would gradually get implemented across the league as teams get promoted and relegated.

This is what bugs me the most about it - we have it at our ground but we are not allowed to use it. That doesn't stop VAR at PL grounds in the FA Cup for example.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024