Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
another brexit loon 20:20 - Feb 5 with 5589 viewsHARRY10

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7970103/Tech-millionaire-ties-two-WHEEL
Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 15:51 - Feb 6 with 2090 viewshampstead_blue

another brexit loon on 15:05 - Feb 6 by HARRY10

he was a brexit candidate

do try to keep up

He's a loon and this has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.

The fact that he voted and stood for Brexit has no connection with two wheelie bins.

I'd love to see how you do connect them. Maybe you could connect me with the darn courier who has my new cricket bats, I'm gagging to find out where they are!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

another brexit loon on 16:46 - Feb 6 with 2086 viewsOxford_Blue

another brexit loon on 15:05 - Feb 6 by HARRY10

he was a brexit candidate

do try to keep up

That doesn’t answer the question.

Why is his invention conditional and contingent on his political views on the EU?

Or are you trying to say that his political view caused his invention?

I am sure that Remain voters have done stupid things in their lives (assuming that trying to help homeless people is stupid). Does that mean that their stupidity is a result of their political views.

Have a think about it, and do try to keep up with it.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 16:48]
Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 16:50 - Feb 6 with 2081 viewsOxford_Blue

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 15:51 - Feb 6 by hampstead_blue

The fact that he voted and stood for Brexit has no connection with two wheelie bins.

I'd love to see how you do connect them. Maybe you could connect me with the darn courier who has my new cricket bats, I'm gagging to find out where they are!

Exactly - you’ve got it.

Otherwise the logic must be that any of the 16 million or so remain voters who ever says or does anything stupid or weird is as a result of their political views on the EU.

Which would be nonsense.

At least some of us can keep up intellectually with what in the law is called causation.
Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 16:58 - Feb 6 with 2064 viewsjeera

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 16:50 - Feb 6 by Oxford_Blue

Exactly - you’ve got it.

Otherwise the logic must be that any of the 16 million or so remain voters who ever says or does anything stupid or weird is as a result of their political views on the EU.

Which would be nonsense.

At least some of us can keep up intellectually with what in the law is called causation.

But he didn't suggest causation. And before you argue - no he didn't.

The man was a Brexit Party member and a loon.

If he were French, the OP could have called him a French loon, but that doesn't suggest he's a loon because of his nationality. Those are just 2 facts about him in the same sentence.

There you go, all solved for you.

Understandably you don't like that you're connected with these types but there you go. It's what you wanted so own it. They're your people.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 17:02 - Feb 6 with 2060 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 15:51 - Feb 6 by hampstead_blue

Nobody said this particular activity had anything to do with Brexit. But the person in question did. You're on the wrong track (and Oxford is too).

It's irrelevant to the bins, but factual - he's a Brexiteer who appears to be a loon.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 17:46 - Feb 6 with 2038 viewshampstead_blue

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 17:02 - Feb 6 by Swansea_Blue

Nobody said this particular activity had anything to do with Brexit. But the person in question did. You're on the wrong track (and Oxford is too).

It's irrelevant to the bins, but factual - he's a Brexiteer who appears to be a loon.

So, my understanding of the OP is that they lump all Brexiteers as loons?

This chap is actually quaintly eccentric and typically British in that respect.

If you OP had said....'Look, a British eccentric' we would all have laughed along.....However, they put an irrelevant link to Brexit.

Why not link it to his amazing business success? Why Brexit?

The reason is clearly to put all Brexit voters into this chaps space.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 18:00 - Feb 6 with 2043 viewsOxford_Blue

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 16:58 - Feb 6 by jeera

If he were French, the OP could have called him a French loon, but that doesn't suggest he's a loon because of his nationality. Those are just 2 facts about him in the same sentence.

Understandably you don't like that you're connected with these types but there you go. It's what you wanted so own it. They're your people.

The reason you’re wrong is that if voting for Brexit was irrelevant, as you suggest, why was it expressly referred to in the post? There would be no reason to choose that particular characteristic over any other. And why was it expressly referred to as “another” Brexit loon? That could only make sense in the context of there being other loons who voted for brexit and this was another one. The clear inference is that the words “Brexit” and “loon” were intended to be connected. Indeed, the poster is anti Brexit and as you can see from the responses, this connection was inferred by others - both Brexit and remain.

If he had said “another black loon” or “another Jewish loon” are you seriously suggesting that the reasonable inference would not be to connect the two terms? And quite rightly he would have been condemned for such a claim and statement.

In any event, you agree that the two aren’t causally connected - this was my point to start with.
Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 18:07 - Feb 6 with 2028 viewshampstead_blue

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 18:00 - Feb 6 by Oxford_Blue

The reason you’re wrong is that if voting for Brexit was irrelevant, as you suggest, why was it expressly referred to in the post? There would be no reason to choose that particular characteristic over any other. And why was it expressly referred to as “another” Brexit loon? That could only make sense in the context of there being other loons who voted for brexit and this was another one. The clear inference is that the words “Brexit” and “loon” were intended to be connected. Indeed, the poster is anti Brexit and as you can see from the responses, this connection was inferred by others - both Brexit and remain.

If he had said “another black loon” or “another Jewish loon” are you seriously suggesting that the reasonable inference would not be to connect the two terms? And quite rightly he would have been condemned for such a claim and statement.

In any event, you agree that the two aren’t causally connected - this was my point to start with.

Save yourself.
He and others of his ilk will just ignore you and come back with more toot.

Login to get fewer ads

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 19:21 - Feb 6 with 2018 viewsOxford_Blue

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 18:07 - Feb 6 by hampstead_blue

Save yourself.
He and others of his ilk will just ignore you and come back with more toot.

True - but hell will freeze over before I take lessons on logic and meaning of words from that lot.
Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 19:55 - Feb 6 with 2011 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 17:46 - Feb 6 by hampstead_blue

So, my understanding of the OP is that they lump all Brexiteers as loons?

This chap is actually quaintly eccentric and typically British in that respect.

If you OP had said....'Look, a British eccentric' we would all have laughed along.....However, they put an irrelevant link to Brexit.

Why not link it to his amazing business success? Why Brexit?

The reason is clearly to put all Brexit voters into this chaps space.

He didn’t say that either; just this one Brexiteer who appears to be a loon (there are a few prominent ones who come across as right head cases though).

Brexit’s the defining event of recent years; hardly surprising its foremost in people’s minds.

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 20:31 - Feb 6 with 2001 viewsOxford_Blue

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 19:55 - Feb 6 by Swansea_Blue

He didn’t say that either; just this one Brexiteer who appears to be a loon (there are a few prominent ones who come across as right head cases though).

Brexit’s the defining event of recent years; hardly surprising its foremost in people’s minds.

Weak argument. See my post above.
Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 20:58 - Feb 6 with 1984 viewseireblue

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 19:21 - Feb 6 by Oxford_Blue

True - but hell will freeze over before I take lessons on logic and meaning of words from that lot.

“That lot” associated with an inference of your own superiority.

Seems very similar to associating a group of people with a negative characteristic.

Hmmm maybe evidence in the “does it take one to know one” debate, or possibly revealing a location that is one cheek side of an @rsehole.
Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 21:06 - Feb 6 with 1964 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 20:31 - Feb 6 by Oxford_Blue

Weak argument. See my post above.

You’re just looking for an excuse to be offended. Maybe the OP thinks you’re all feckwits and that was the intended implication; you’d have to ask Harry about that. He certainly didn’t say it though.

I’m out.

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 21:34 - Feb 6 with 1948 viewsjeera

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 18:00 - Feb 6 by Oxford_Blue

All I see is a few people who are feeling awkward about their poor decision making and rather than put their hands up would prefer to double down.

But I'm with Swansea, either way the damage is done and we can't change it so I'll leave you to your conscience.

As for the OP, there's no direct causation, but yes, it is implied that he is an idiot and coincidentally a pro Brexit idiot at that.

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 21:39 - Feb 6 with 1941 viewsjeera

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 21:06 - Feb 6 by Swansea_Blue

You’re just looking for an excuse to be offended. Maybe the OP thinks you’re all feckwits and that was the intended implication; you’d have to ask Harry about that. He certainly didn’t say it though.

I’m out.

They seem to be confusing causation and correlation.

I can say that the guy from Swansea makes some awful jokes sometimes for example.

But that doesn't mean that's because he's from Swansea does it?

It could just be he's trying to stand in for the missing Keno, whilst being from Swansea.

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 09:04 - Feb 7 with 1883 viewsHARRY10

"If he had said “another black loon” or “another Jewish loon” "

I think you'll find that being black or jewish is a wee bit more than a political decision made by a person

Given the absurd guff brexiteers spout when trying to defend their idiocy, the thread was put up as another example of how far removed from reality these loons are.
Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 09:14 - Feb 7 with 1866 viewsLeaky

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 16:58 - Feb 6 by jeera

Wouldn't calling him a French Loon be racist!
Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 11:31 - Feb 7 with 1842 viewsjeera

Oh dear, the remainers are looking for thin links again on 09:14 - Feb 7 by Leaky

Wouldn't calling him a French Loon be racist!

Maybe a little bit but the French don't have feelings so it's ok.

They'll just make themselves some eggy bread or something and they'll feel better.

another brexit loon on 13:10 - Feb 7 with 1821 viewsHARRY10

and yet another

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/07/tory-activist-jailed-for-violent
another brexit loon on 14:12 - Feb 7 with 1805 viewsLeaky

another brexit loon on 13:10 - Feb 7 by HARRY10

and yet another

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/07/tory-activist-jailed-for-violent

There always that remainer loon who shouting stop Brexit out side the Hop saw him Wednesday last week with 10 of the Mets finest looking after him & Sadiuq Khan moaning about not being able to afford to more police in the streets of London's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024