Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump acquitted 12:43 - Feb 6 with 6839 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned on this political viper's nest of a message board, but thought it was worth testing the views of the woke twtderatti.

I'm not surprised he's been acquitted as it was yet another underhand attempt to undo the election result of 2016 by lunatic Nancy and co. The Democrats should have spent the last 3 years rebuilding and looking ahead optimistically to 2020 with a positive campaign. Their lack of strategy and brains will cost them heavily as Trump romps home once more.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Trump acquitted on 12:45 - Feb 6 with 5589 viewsHerbivore

I don't think you understand why he was acquitted.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Trump acquitted on 12:48 - Feb 6 with 5564 viewsJ2BLUE

He was acquitted because the republicans control the senate.

If we had the same system and BJ was on the chopping block he would be saved as well.

I know i'll take some stick but i'm pleased he's been acquitted. He won the election fair and square (I don't care about the popular vote, everyone knew the rules going in). He should be able to serve his term and then the American people can judge him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Trump acquitted on 12:51 - Feb 6 with 5541 viewsClapham_Junction

Trump acquitted on 12:48 - Feb 6 by J2BLUE

If we had the same system and BJ was on the chopping block he would be saved as well.

I know i'll take some stick but i'm pleased he's been acquitted. He won the election fair and square (I don't care about the popular vote, everyone knew the rules going in). He should be able to serve his term and then the American people can judge him.

Are you suggesting that people should be allowed to remain in office for the remainder of their term, even if they commit crimes whilst in power?
Trump acquitted on 12:53 - Feb 6 with 5525 viewsHerbivore

I don't get that logic. He should stay in for the whole term even though he's abused his position to commit a crime?

Trump acquitted on 13:00 - Feb 6 with 5491 viewsmonytowbray

There's the problem with democracy right there. We seem to live in a "they won and that's it" bubble rather than a "they won yes, but they've since gone back on their promises and broken the law" bubble. Any PM or President who comes in and tries to tweak the democratic process to cling onto power needs to instantly be booted out in my view, dangerous f*ckers (yes I been BJ).

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Trump acquitted on 13:01 - Feb 6 with 5489 viewsSwansea_Blue

Trump acquitted on 12:53 - Feb 6 by Herbivore

I don't get that logic. He should stay in for the whole term even though he's abused his position to commit a crime?

We don't know if he's committed a crime do we, as he hasn't faced a criminal trial? The evidence suggests he has, but innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trump acquitted on 13:03 - Feb 6 with 5477 viewsStokieBlue

Trump acquitted on 13:00 - Feb 6 by monytowbray

There's the problem with democracy right there. We seem to live in a "they won and that's it" bubble rather than a "they won yes, but they've since gone back on their promises and broken the law" bubble. Any PM or President who comes in and tries to tweak the democratic process to cling onto power needs to instantly be booted out in my view, dangerous f*ckers (yes I been BJ).

What part of the democratic process is Boris trying to tweak to cling onto power?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump acquitted on 13:08 - Feb 6 with 5442 viewslowhouseblue

Trump acquitted on 13:03 - Feb 6 by StokieBlue

What part of the democratic process is Boris trying to tweak to cling onto power?

SB

boris is a nascent fascist. what more do you need?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 13:08]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Trump acquitted on 13:14 - Feb 6 with 5403 viewsmonytowbray

Trump acquitted on 13:03 - Feb 6 by StokieBlue

SB

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/campaigns/upgrading-our-democracy/voter-id/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-queens-speech-supre

I see the resident closet Tory has piped up to avoid/deny the point below your response too. Shame he can’t grasp it.

TWTD never forgets…

Trump acquitted on 13:23 - Feb 6 with 5372 viewsStokieBlue

Trump acquitted on 13:14 - Feb 6 by monytowbray

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-queens-speech-supre

I see the resident closet Tory has piped up to avoid/deny the point below your response too. Shame he can’t grasp it.

So, on the first one, I am not sure you can pin that directly on Boris like you did in your post given the trials began in 2018 when he was out in the wilderness and away from any power. He is continuing with it which is unwise but it's not really equatable to Trump I feel.

I actually don't mind the idea but it cannot be implemented without everyone having a free ID which isn't going to happen thus the idea shouldn't happen - I agree with you there.

On the second one, I don't agree with changing things like the court system unless there is cross party agreement but other things in that article such as boundary changes are exactly what Labour did previously. It's also very light on actual information - I assume more has come out since December?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump acquitted on 13:23 - Feb 6 with 5370 viewslowhouseblue

Trump acquitted on 13:14 - Feb 6 by monytowbray

so one example is an experiment from before he became pm, and the other is a decision to set up two royal commissions*. what a total fascist.

*though that article did at least provide a reminder as to the incredibly poor level of journalism offered by the independent.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Trump acquitted on 13:26 - Feb 6 with 5352 viewsJ2BLUE

Trump acquitted on 12:51 - Feb 6 by Clapham_Junction

Are you suggesting that people should be allowed to remain in office for the remainder of their term, even if they commit crimes whilst in power?

Has he committed a crime? Maybe I haven't been paying attention but there seems to be widespread disagreement on whether he did anything wrong. Not just on the obvious party lines either.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Trump acquitted on 13:27 - Feb 6 with 5347 viewsmonytowbray

Trump acquitted on 13:23 - Feb 6 by lowhouseblue

so one example is an experiment from before he became pm, and the other is a decision to set up two royal commissions*. what a total fascist.

*though that article did at least provide a reminder as to the incredibly poor level of journalism offered by the independent.

It's a good thing we have SB here to give intelligent and well thought out answers answers on your behalf really.

TWTD never forgets…

Trump acquitted on 13:28 - Feb 6 with 5332 viewsvapour_trail

Idiotic decision to launch the process in the first place given the inevitable outcome.

She looked a fool ripping up his speech the other night as well.

Whilst you talk like a piers Morgan tribute act, much of what you say is on point.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Trump acquitted on 13:31 - Feb 6 with 5303 viewsmonytowbray

Trump acquitted on 13:23 - Feb 6 by StokieBlue

So, on the first one, I am not sure you can pin that directly on Boris like you did in your post given the trials began in 2018 when he was out in the wilderness and away from any power. He is continuing with it which is unwise but it's not really equatable to Trump I feel.

I actually don't mind the idea but it cannot be implemented without everyone having a free ID which isn't going to happen thus the idea shouldn't happen - I agree with you there.

On the second one, I don't agree with changing things like the court system unless there is cross party agreement but other things in that article such as boundary changes are exactly what Labour did previously. It's also very light on actual information - I assume more has come out since December?

SB

My fear is most things Johnson does are light on information. His track record gives me no reason to trust him. Speculative yes, but early evidence suggests the potential is still there.

TWTD never forgets…

Trump acquitted on 13:31 - Feb 6 with 5304 viewstractordownsouth

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-17/mcconnell-plots-path-to-deliv

They planned to acquit him before hearing the evidence... anyway I thought you'd be out enjoying your glorious victory or trying to find one tangible benefit of Brexit?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Trump acquitted on 13:32 - Feb 6 with 5285 viewsDubtractor

Trump acquitted on 13:23 - Feb 6 by lowhouseblue

The independent website is fooking awful these days isn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Trump acquitted on 13:33 - Feb 6 with 5281 viewsSwansea_Blue

Trump acquitted on 13:26 - Feb 6 by J2BLUE

Has he committed a crime? Maybe I haven't been paying attention but there seems to be widespread disagreement on whether he did anything wrong. Not just on the obvious party lines either.

He kind of admitted it! But hasn't faced a criminal trial of course.

They should just tar and feather him for being a narcistic tvvat and then let that be the end of it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trump acquitted on 13:48 - Feb 6 with 5252 viewsBlueBadger

What is it about the racist, stupid, corrupt and incompetent Donald Trump that appeals to you?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Trump acquitted on 13:49 - Feb 6 with 5241 viewsm14_blue

Trump acquitted on 13:28 - Feb 6 by vapour_trail

Idiotic decision to launch the process in the first place given the inevitable outcome.

Whilst you talk like a piers Morgan tribute act, much of what you say is on point.

Even a blind squirrel....

90% of it is utter gibberish
Trump acquitted on 14:05 - Feb 6 with 5176 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump acquitted on 13:28 - Feb 6 by vapour_trail

While I completely agree that the outcome was inevitable with the Senate almost certainly not going to impeach, I think it’s important to go through the process. The alternative was to appear complicit somehow.

Also demonstrates that ultimately it’s only the partisan aspect that is black and white. However much Trump projects his “totally vindicated” message, it’s at least clear that he operates in a grey zone. For many of the more moral Americans (even some on the right) that will have an effect. All it will take is for the positive picture of economic growth that Trump has been surfing to change and the negatives about him will suddenly become much more relevant.

That’s speculative and hopeful, but I don’t think rising above it and trying to ignore him works any better either.

Pronouns: He/Him

Trump acquitted on 14:11 - Feb 6 with 5148 viewsLankHenners

It has been mentioned on another thread.

That’s not why he’s been acquitted but it’s what he’ll say the reason is. The dems fcked this up by doing it over something no-one really cares about. What it also means, if it wasn’t clear already, is that putting Biden as the nominee is a guaranteed loss. Thankfully one positive thing to come out of the disastrous and likely rigged Iowa caucus is that Biden really flopped.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Trump acquitted on 14:14 - Feb 6 with 5129 viewsHerbivore

Trump acquitted on 13:01 - Feb 6 by Swansea_Blue

We don't know if he's committed a crime do we, as he hasn't faced a criminal trial? The evidence suggests he has, but innocent until proven guilty and all that.

A sitting president can't face a criminal trial. The move to impeach after consideration of all the evidence (which the senate voted not to hear) suggests that he has committed an offence.

Trump acquitted on 14:21 - Feb 6 with 5109 viewsHARRY10

However the evidence against him does not go away, and this flawed
judicial system that tested some of that evidence merely highlighted those flaws.

I very much doubt Trump would have avoided a guilty verdict had this been through the usual judicial process. But when those deciding on guilt or innocence had already stated that they had decided upon their verdict BEFORE the 'trial' it does question the integrity of any trial under those conditions.

And it further brings inoi question those who bleat about so called elites and enemies of the people when they are happy to accept this charade.

What would their view be were it to be Putin, or some Middle East country. The jury declared him innocent before the trial started.

Worrying times. Not so much that this ravesty of justice happed, but that so many are accepting of it.

How far have we moved on from public lynchings ?
Trump acquitted on 15:38 - Feb 6 with 5005 viewsbazgammon

he was acquitted because he is innocent. Pelosi and co like remoaners and leftists over here fail to accept democracy.

Poll: Lambert

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024