Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More guff from O'Neill 16:32 - Feb 6 with 4612 viewsMetal_Hacker

Beggars belief this club I love at times

The soundbites it comes out with is just tedious ,full of lies, papering over the cracks sh1te
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 16:35]

Poll: If it were one or the other

More guff from O'Neill on 16:45 - Feb 6 with 4534 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

You do wonder whether there is catalogue of catchphrases that they keep in their desk, and have a flick through prior to any interview.

Lee O'Neil sounds like an Ian Milne 2.0

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

More guff from O'Neill on 16:45 - Feb 6 with 4534 viewsPecker

They already regret it, just can't say so.
More guff from O'Neill on 16:47 - Feb 6 with 4529 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’ve never met the bloke or even had heard of him a month ago but he now manages to annoy me with every single thing I see from him.

Soundbite after soundbite.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

More guff from O'Neill on 16:55 - Feb 6 with 4501 viewsclive_baker

Feel a bit sorry for him in a way. He's a middle school PE teacher and academy coach masquerading as a CEO of a professional football club that we're meant to believe is serious in its ambition. Not sure what qualifies him for the role he's found thrust upon him but it's embarrassing really. Literally everything we do is the cheap option and it continues to bite us on the a*se.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

More guff from O'Neill on 16:56 - Feb 6 with 4492 viewsMetal_Hacker

More guff from O'Neill on 16:47 - Feb 6 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve never met the bloke or even had heard of him a month ago but he now manages to annoy me with every single thing I see from him.

Soundbite after soundbite.

How long do we put up with it though ? How long is it acceptable ?

I've just clicked on a previous thread and got quite a lump in my throat through nostalgia and slightly through anger

I'm of an age now (51 but a young 51 if that makes sense-not in elasticated trousers yet ffs) where I see the once great club of mine pulled from pillar to post and its really starting to upset me

I live in Sheffield now but was fortunate to be living in Ipswich from 78 though to 84 ish and saw experienced some amazing times and don't get me wrong I feel privileged to have witnessed it all first hand living in the town BUT what I see now is heart breaking

I'm just lost for words. Us , the fans have been for the majority of the club's existence been treated with the upmost respect due to its very small catchment area in terms of population but since ME's existence......there's nothing .Absolutely jack shi1t

More guff from O'Neill on 16:57 - Feb 6 with 4494 viewsr2d2

Just a mouth piece. Same as Clegg and Milne were. He is Evans little puppet. They are regretting that contract already. Who rewards such failure this season with a 5 year contract? Only lpswich seemingly. Evans going for the cheap option again. Either that or he is even more clueless than we thought.
More guff from O'Neill on 17:00 - Feb 6 with 4466 viewsPecker

More guff from O'Neill on 16:57 - Feb 6 by r2d2

Just a mouth piece. Same as Clegg and Milne were. He is Evans little puppet. They are regretting that contract already. Who rewards such failure this season with a 5 year contract? Only lpswich seemingly. Evans going for the cheap option again. Either that or he is even more clueless than we thought.

I fear the latter.
More guff from O'Neill on 18:02 - Feb 6 with 4332 viewsblueconscience

More guff from O'Neill on 16:56 - Feb 6 by Metal_Hacker

I've just clicked on a previous thread and got quite a lump in my throat through nostalgia and slightly through anger

I'm of an age now (51 but a young 51 if that makes sense-not in elasticated trousers yet ffs) where I see the once great club of mine pulled from pillar to post and its really starting to upset me

I live in Sheffield now but was fortunate to be living in Ipswich from 78 though to 84 ish and saw experienced some amazing times and don't get me wrong I feel privileged to have witnessed it all first hand living in the town BUT what I see now is heart breaking

I'm just lost for words. Us , the fans have been for the majority of the club's existence been treated with the upmost respect due to its very small catchment area in terms of population but since ME's existence......there's nothing .Absolutely jack shi1t

“How long do we put up with it though?”

For as long as Evans is in charge!!! Which unfortunately could be a very long time. Sad and embarrassing times for this club.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 18:14]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

More guff from O'Neill on 18:12 - Feb 6 with 4304 viewsmonty_radio

Evans seems a decent-enough bloke who has decided not to speculate again because he's unconvinced he'll accumulate. The level which he has set keeps us afloat, but has us settling lower in the water as, all-around, especially in the Championship, others find new money.

It may not be relative top-dollar he's forking out, but it sure enough gives him the right to appoint whom he chooses as mouthpiece, and it turns out to be another seemingly decent guy who can do no more than state the obvious in lieu of describing the great leap forward that we'd all like to see, but which isn't going to happen under the auspices of said situation.

Sure it all feels stale and samey while we wait for the sort of miracle thrust that could only come from the sort of innovative, upwardly mobile manager that Hurst was hopefully going to be, but who turned out to be old-school dictator with a demotivating support staff.

Now we have a nicer version who's been to Germany, but with faded holiday snaps and the sort of contract that generally ought to follow rather than pre-date success.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

More guff from O'Neill on 18:30 - Feb 6 with 4265 viewschicoazul

The club you love is dead. In it's place is a zombie stumbling around living hand to mouth. The club you love is never coming back. I feel as badly about this as you do.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

More guff from O'Neill on 18:33 - Feb 6 with 4251 viewsMetal_Hacker

More guff from O'Neill on 18:30 - Feb 6 by chicoazul

The club you love is dead. In it's place is a zombie stumbling around living hand to mouth. The club you love is never coming back. I feel as badly about this as you do.

Sat here in a car park waiting for the usual 5 a side on a Thursday night with the lads

Unused to wear my Town shirt in amongst a mixture of either Wednesday or Blades fans. I used to get stick and it was just banter. Can’t wear it anymore cause I’m just fed up of fighting off the embarrassing nature of it all.

We’ve nearly and I say nearly , hit rock bottom

More guff from O'Neill on 18:37 - Feb 6 with 4220 viewsFunge

More guff from O'Neill on 18:33 - Feb 6 by Metal_Hacker

Sat here in a car park waiting for the usual 5 a side on a Thursday night with the lads

Unused to wear my Town shirt in amongst a mixture of either Wednesday or Blades fans. I used to get stick and it was just banter. Can’t wear it anymore cause I’m just fed up of fighting off the embarrassing nature of it all.

We’ve nearly and I say nearly , hit rock bottom

I fear we may have quite some way to fall yet.

Sigh.
More guff from O'Neill on 19:04 - Feb 6 with 4156 viewsIllinoisblue

He takes a lot of words to say nothing at all. He’d be a great politician

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

More guff from O'Neill on 19:16 - Feb 6 with 4111 viewsEnigma_Blue

More guff from O'Neill on 16:57 - Feb 6 by r2d2

You think Lambert is the cheapest option ME could go for?
Also Lambert signed this new 5 year contract back in October when we were top of the league. It's going cost ME more in the long run if he has to sack Lambert.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 20:28]
More guff from O'Neill on 19:51 - Feb 6 with 4036 viewsOxford_Blue

Ok, but realistically what do you expect he and Evans to say?

If they weren’t positive or encouraging, you would be criticising them for that. So they can’t win.
More guff from O'Neill on 20:02 - Feb 6 with 4002 viewsblueconscience

More guff from O'Neill on 19:51 - Feb 6 by Oxford_Blue

Ok, but realistically what do you expect he and Evans to say?

If they weren’t positive or encouraging, you would be criticising them for that. So they can’t win.

If they are just going to repeat the same old rubbish, how about just saying nothing?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 20:02]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

More guff from O'Neill on 20:06 - Feb 6 with 3989 viewsSwansea_Blue

More guff from O'Neill on 16:55 - Feb 6 by clive_baker

Feel a bit sorry for him in a way. He's a middle school PE teacher and academy coach masquerading as a CEO of a professional football club that we're meant to believe is serious in its ambition. Not sure what qualifies him for the role he's found thrust upon him but it's embarrassing really. Literally everything we do is the cheap option and it continues to bite us on the a*se.

This is the heart of everything that’s gone wrong - poor leadership. Everyone keeps saying what a great boss ME is to work for, but he hasn’t put a decent management structure in place. That’s obvious from all the mistakes we’ve made and where it’s left us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

More guff from O'Neill on 20:36 - Feb 6 with 3884 viewsMetal_Hacker

More guff from O'Neill on 20:02 - Feb 6 by blueconscience

If they are just going to repeat the same old rubbish, how about just saying nothing?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 20:02]

Totally agree. Sometimes less is more ...in this instance for me , that’s definitely the case

More guff from O'Neill on 06:26 - Feb 7 with 3620 viewsDoctor_Earman

Will he be repainting the turnstiles though?
More guff from O'Neill on 06:55 - Feb 7 with 3585 viewsTractorWood

More guff from O'Neill on 19:04 - Feb 6 by Illinoisblue

He takes a lot of words to say nothing at all. He’d be a great politician

I was about to make this point. He's got 6/7 big paragraphs in the Lambert article without making a single point. Quite an art.

All I could pick out was a bit of denial and escapism on a longer term strategy that we all know doesn't exist.

I think Clive_Baker gets it spot on above. I've no idea why this chap is credible to be reassuring fans who travel home and away on top of supporting the club for decades.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 9:41]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

More guff from O'Neill on 08:16 - Feb 7 with 3473 viewsPrideOfTheEast

What would you realistically expect him to say? He’s got to try to keep things positive. Trust me he won’t agree with certain decisions but it’s his job to get on with it and perhaps explain why certain things are done the way they are.
More guff from O'Neill on 08:19 - Feb 7 with 3464 viewsMetal_Hacker

More guff from O'Neill on 06:55 - Feb 7 by TractorWood

I was about to make this point. He's got 6/7 big paragraphs in the Lambert article without making a single point. Quite an art.

All I could pick out was a bit of denial and escapism on a longer term strategy that we all know doesn't exist.

I think Clive_Baker gets it spot on above. I've no idea why this chap is credible to be reassuring fans who travel home and away on top of supporting the club for decades.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2020 9:41]

Not a word I associate with my club anymore unfortunately ..CREDIBLE

More guff from O'Neill on 10:35 - Feb 7 with 3361 viewsr2d2

More guff from O'Neill on 19:16 - Feb 6 by Enigma_Blue

You think Lambert is the cheapest option ME could go for?
Also Lambert signed this new 5 year contract back in October when we were top of the league. It's going cost ME more in the long run if he has to sack Lambert.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 20:28]

I dont think he signed that contract in October, it was being discussed l believe. It got signed during a run of 0 wins in 10. A ridiculous decision. No club in their right mind does that, except lpswich seemingly. And yes, it probably is a big contract, but that offsets the facts there is absolutely no money to sign players, not even loanees, yet you give the manager a whopping contract. Bonkers, as someone else used to say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024