Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? 18:14 - Feb 7 with 1770 viewsgiant_stow

Do I just buy sheets of egg cup stuff and stick it on the wall or is that a load of old rubbish?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:18 - Feb 7 with 1751 viewsfactual_blue

Do you have a problem with noisy neighbours?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:19 - Feb 7 with 1750 viewstazdac

You can get sound proof plasterboard at B&Q or Wickes :o)
Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:21 - Feb 7 with 1741 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:18 - Feb 7 by factual_blue

Do you have a problem with noisy neighbours?

Got to keep our sound in!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:21 - Feb 7 with 1742 viewssparks

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:19 - Feb 7 by tazdac

Problem with most sound proofing is its superficial. Depends on your problem- but generally, to do it properly, you need to have space between surfaces. You can stuff a stud wall with sound proofing, but the sound will travel through the battens and studs...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:22 - Feb 7 with 1731 viewsSitfcB

You’re Joe Goldberg and I claim my £5...

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:22 - Feb 7 with 1731 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:19 - Feb 7 by tazdac

Sounds a bit serious! Thanks though - news to me.

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:22 - Feb 7 with 1730 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fingers in your ears? Or ask your sister to bite on a pillow?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:23 - Feb 7 with 1727 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:21 - Feb 7 by giant_stow

After all, who else wants to listen to 'off the boil, city?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:23 - Feb 7 with 1726 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:21 - Feb 7 by sparks

Problem with most sound proofing is its superficial. Depends on your problem- but generally, to do it properly, you need to have space between surfaces. You can stuff a stud wall with sound proofing, but the sound will travel through the battens and studs...

Cheers bullers. No quick fix then.

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:23 - Feb 7 with 1722 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:22 - Feb 7 by Swansea_Blue

Fingers in your ears? Or ask your sister to bite on a pillow?

Haha, you disgustipate me!

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:27 - Feb 7 with 1709 viewsCoastalblue

Sound proofing to be effective ideally needs a combination of soft and hard layers, as Sparks (I think) said any solid layers as fixings will transfer the sound.

Ideally you want to stick something soft to the wall, something hard to that and keep going as deep as you can.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:27 - Feb 7 with 1707 viewssparks

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:23 - Feb 7 by giant_stow

You can improve things - but only so far without a gap. Clever soundproofing systems separate the two surfaces but are far more hassle.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:28 - Feb 7 with 1705 viewschicoazul

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:23 - Feb 7 by giant_stow

Buy every member of your fam their own pair of wireless headphones.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:45 - Feb 7 with 1670 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:27 - Feb 7 by Coastalblue

Sound proofing to be effective ideally needs a combination of soft and hard layers, as Sparks (I think) said any solid layers as fixings will transfer the sound.

Ideally you want to stick something soft to the wall, something hard to that and keep going as deep as you can.

Thanks loads mr

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:46 - Feb 7 with 1665 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:27 - Feb 7 by sparks

You can improve things - but only so far without a gap. Clever soundproofing systems separate the two surfaces but are far more hassle.

You sound like this is from experience - home studio?

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:49 - Feb 7 with 1658 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:21 - Feb 7 by giant_stow

You could just gag her.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 20:37 - Feb 7 with 1594 viewsronnyd

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:27 - Feb 7 by sparks

Would acoustic tiles help?
Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 20:42 - Feb 7 with 1586 viewsNewcyBlue

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:27 - Feb 7 by Coastalblue

“Keep going as deep as you can”

You still talking sound proofing or are you talking about his sister?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 20:57 - Feb 7 with 1558 viewssparks

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:46 - Feb 7 by giant_stow

You sound like this is from experience - home studio?

Nah. Just badly soundproofed ceilings in my house. Though i have researched home atudio stuff and have done a fair bit of home recording. Acoustic tiles are to kill echo and standing waves rather than block sound. Though they will absorb some.

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 22:24 - Feb 7 with 1503 viewsOldsmoker

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 18:22 - Feb 7 by giant_stow

Sounds a bit serious! Thanks though - news to me.

It's just plasterboard with a 30mm polystyrene layer stuck to it.
When my builders suggested it I dissed it but they said it was only £1 extra per board so whats to lose.
I could no longer hear next doors TV through the wall so RESULT!!

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Anyone got a tip for relatively quick and easy sound-proofing? on 00:00 - Feb 8 with 1428 viewshoppy

You ought to be careful asking how to do things ‘relatively’... we know what your sort are like...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024