Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert out 20:17 - Feb 7 with 13291 viewspatrickswell

This whole line about “The pressure will be off because we’re away from home.” Just --- --- you fraud. You can’t deliver anything for us because you’re ---- and have been for 9 years.

No ambition or courage among anyone representing the club. They might as well hand back the club’s Golden Share and become an amateur side because it seems they can’t handle any expectation whatsoever.

Remember - He’ll always be Scum.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Lambert out on 11:06 - Feb 8 with 5546 viewsSomethingBlue

This is very odd, your posts are usually better than this as I remember.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert out on 11:22 - Feb 8 with 5525 viewspatrickswell

Lambert out on 11:06 - Feb 8 by SomethingBlue

This is very odd, your posts are usually better than this as I remember.

I try but the vibe coming out of the club lately makes me wonder what on earth, they’re trying to do.

Lambert’s whole schtick over the last year in terms of his pitch to fans has been, “We need you”, so to see him turning this into “It’s better that we play away at the moment” is very alarming. It seems the fans have kept their side of the bargain at PR but it’s not been reciprocated in terms of results or performances. Throw into the mix the self-sabotage that Lambert has inflicted over the course of the campaign and so I reacted to his contradictions in an angry way.

Looked at objectively, I wouldn’t actively push for change until we’ve seen where we are by the end of next season. I don’t believe failure to go up this year will cost him his job and I don’t think he has “his” team fully representing ITFC yet. But as davblue has said on some recent posts, the team doesn’t give you anything to hang your hat on and the way the club seems to be acting to downplay expectations leads me to think, “Jesus, when are we ever going to be allowed of emcouraged to get excited about anything concerning ITFC again?”
Lambert out on 11:31 - Feb 8 with 5506 viewsvapour_trail

Lambert out on 11:06 - Feb 8 by Bluefish

It is that kind of big aggression that makes me so scared of you obviously. Please don't beat me up

Got to agree with the boy dollers here, calling people out in your signature like that does smack of bellendery.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Lambert out on 11:36 - Feb 8 with 5493 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert out on 11:22 - Feb 8 by patrickswell

I try but the vibe coming out of the club lately makes me wonder what on earth, they’re trying to do.

Lambert’s whole schtick over the last year in terms of his pitch to fans has been, “We need you”, so to see him turning this into “It’s better that we play away at the moment” is very alarming. It seems the fans have kept their side of the bargain at PR but it’s not been reciprocated in terms of results or performances. Throw into the mix the self-sabotage that Lambert has inflicted over the course of the campaign and so I reacted to his contradictions in an angry way.

Looked at objectively, I wouldn’t actively push for change until we’ve seen where we are by the end of next season. I don’t believe failure to go up this year will cost him his job and I don’t think he has “his” team fully representing ITFC yet. But as davblue has said on some recent posts, the team doesn’t give you anything to hang your hat on and the way the club seems to be acting to downplay expectations leads me to think, “Jesus, when are we ever going to be allowed of emcouraged to get excited about anything concerning ITFC again?”

Do you not think there is something in there being more pressure at home? Was me who asked the question in the presser given the marked disparity between home and away form this season. Think it may be something which has developed over the season with results not having gone our way at home.
Lambert out on 11:37 - Feb 8 with 5491 viewsPhilTWTD

Lambert out on 11:31 - Feb 8 by vapour_trail

Got to agree with the boy dollers here, calling people out in your signature like that does smack of bellendery.

Indeed, perhaps it could change and there be slightly less of an antagonistic overall attitude from various posters in this thread.
Lambert out on 12:24 - Feb 8 with 5441 viewspatrickswell

Lambert out on 11:36 - Feb 8 by PhilTWTD

Do you not think there is something in there being more pressure at home? Was me who asked the question in the presser given the marked disparity between home and away form this season. Think it may be something which has developed over the season with results not having gone our way at home.

There’s always pressure when you play at home. To me, Lambert’s admitting that he’s failing to turn round the mentality and that those who are going to watch Town play at their lowest level for 63 years shouldn’t expect much because, hey, we’ve been crap for years and “the apathy when I came here...” etc. Has there been any marked pattern of play at home which could have turned those results around or have we looked like strangers for most of the time?
Lambert out on 12:26 - Feb 8 with 5432 viewsPecker

We are stuck with him for the foreseeable, so might as well get use to it and back him.
Lambert out on 13:03 - Feb 8 with 5405 viewsmuccletonjoe

Lambert out on 08:19 - Feb 8 by artsbossbeard

I was answering a point about last season though?

It's 2 really, really poor performances and blip at Christmas. I'd settle for a play off spot now (as long as we don't get Rotherham).

Won't even get play off spot imo. We can not possibly give Lambert another 4 years.
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert out on 13:09 - Feb 8 with 5396 viewsdissboy2

Lambert out on 08:00 - Feb 8 by artsbossbeard

Think that's a bit unfair on PL (and I'm not a PL fan boy). We did actually put in some decent performances under him but were ultimately let down by what had gone on before and struggling to find a decent loan striker who'd want to come to nailed on relegation bound Ipswich in Jan.

We were effectively taking a knife to a gun fight. Week in, week out.

*this*
Lambert out on 13:11 - Feb 8 with 5394 viewsdissboy2

Lambert out on 13:03 - Feb 8 by muccletonjoe

Won't even get play off spot imo. We can not possibly give Lambert another 4 years.

lets wait and see eh?
Lambert out on 13:35 - Feb 8 with 5382 viewsKeaneish

Lambert out on 11:22 - Feb 8 by patrickswell

Zero chance a failure this season will see him sacked unless there are terms in his contract we’re not privy to which stipulate otherwise. I’d like to think ME has built in a back door to that effect given the hefty contract length. Then again...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Lambert out on 14:06 - Feb 8 with 5345 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert out on 13:03 - Feb 8 by muccletonjoe

We've not been out of the top 6 all season. If we were talking about any other team that hadn't been out of the top 6 all season, and in fact had been top for a fair bit of it, would you be saying they won't make the play offs?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert out on 14:13 - Feb 8 with 5331 viewsHerbivore

Lambert out on 14:06 - Feb 8 by BrixtonBlue

We've not been out of the top 6 all season. If we were talking about any other team that hadn't been out of the top 6 all season, and in fact had been top for a fair bit of it, would you be saying they won't make the play offs?

We would if they'd been in the form we've been in since November, yes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert out on 14:14 - Feb 8 with 5325 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert out on 14:13 - Feb 8 by Herbivore

We would if they'd been in the form we've been in since November, yes.

Poppycock.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Lambert out on 18:11 - Feb 8 with 5286 viewsHerbivore

Lambert out on 14:14 - Feb 8 by BrixtonBlue

Poppycock.

Oh really?

Lambert out on 18:17 - Feb 8 with 5276 viewsvapour_trail

Poppycock.

No it isn’t.

From where are you deriving your optimism?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Lambert out on 18:20 - Feb 8 with 5262 viewsChrisd

Lambert out on 18:17 - Feb 8 by vapour_trail

No it isn’t.

Medication?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert out on 18:21 - Feb 8 with 5250 viewsSwailsey

Lambert out on 14:06 - Feb 8 by BrixtonBlue

Go on.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Lambert out on 20:05 - Feb 8 with 5155 viewshaynes_toe1

Poppycock.

How do you get so much, so wrong, so often?
Lambert out on 23:37 - Feb 8 with 5065 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert out on 20:05 - Feb 8 by haynes_toe1

How do you get so much, so wrong, so often?

Oh you lot are so clever aren't you? I bet you were delighted we dropped out of the top 6 for the first time all season today. Couldn't wait to get on here and crow.

You're absolutely disgraceful supporters.

Lambert out on 23:39 - Feb 8 with 5062 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert out on 18:17 - Feb 8 by vapour_trail

No it isn’t.

It's called supporting your team through thick and thin. We were top 2 weeks ago.

Lambert out on 23:47 - Feb 8 with 5041 viewshaynes_toe1

Lambert out on 23:39 - Feb 8 by BrixtonBlue

It's called supporting your team through thick and thin. We were top 2 weeks ago.

You can support the team on a matchday but still think the manager is p*ss poor.
Lambert out on 00:06 - Feb 9 with 5020 viewsHerbivore

Lambert out on 23:39 - Feb 8 by BrixtonBlue

And now we're 7th. And we've been performing like a lower midtable team for half a season. What's your point?

Lambert out on 13:56 - Feb 9 with 4888 viewsBrixtonBlue

Lambert out on 00:06 - Feb 9 by Herbivore

And now we're 7th. And we've been performing like a lower midtable team for half a season. What's your point?

My point is we're having a rough patch. And some of you want us to change our manager every time we have one. It's daft and won't work.

Which manager could we get that would turn us around? Evans has tried experience, youth, attacking, defensive. Who would you get in who would succeed where all of Evans' other managers have failed?

Lambert out on 15:13 - Feb 9 with 4856 viewsHerbivore

Lambert out on 13:56 - Feb 9 by BrixtonBlue

My point is we're having a rough patch. And some of you want us to change our manager every time we have one. It's daft and won't work.

Which manager could we get that would turn us around? Evans has tried experience, youth, attacking, defensive. Who would you get in who would succeed where all of Evans' other managers have failed?

A rough patch? We've been poor for the past three and a half months. We're playing like a lower mid table side and have been for most of the season. It's only the excellent start we made that means we're anywhere close to the play offs.

Not sure who I'd replace Lambert with, not given it much thought as yet. It's pretty clear to me he's not up to the job though so I'd be looking to get rid, if not now then certainly in the summer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024