Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would probably take a point today 08:48 - Feb 8 with 2261 viewsitfcjoe

Stop the rot and then go from there - losing makes the table look awful

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Would probably take a point today on 08:49 - Feb 8 with 2253 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hi Mick

Joking aside I would absolutely be happy with a point today, as I’m very much expecting zero (#losingmentality)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Would probably take a point today on 08:54 - Feb 8 with 2217 viewsitfcjoe

Would probably take a point today on 08:49 - Feb 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Hi Mick

Joking aside I would absolutely be happy with a point today, as I’m very much expecting zero (#losingmentality)

Wouldn’t even get on the bus....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Would probably take a point today on 09:08 - Feb 8 with 2179 viewsSomethingBlue

Completely with you. A point would do the job today and hopefully be a bit of a restart ahead of a slightly kinder run.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Would probably take a point today on 09:18 - Feb 8 with 2139 viewsHerbivore

Would be very happy with a point. I'd like us to go there to try to win of course but a point would be a good result after the way the last 10 days has gone.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 9:18]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would probably take a point today on 09:22 - Feb 8 with 2117 viewsStokieBlue

Probably?

A point would be excellent.

There is a decent chance we might get battered.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Would probably take a point today on 09:30 - Feb 8 with 2091 viewsKeaneish

Had this down as a point when a few of us sized this trickier spell up pre-Lincoln. It was last week’s debacle no-one saw coming which throws today’s prediction wide open.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Would probably take a point today on 09:31 - Feb 8 with 2091 viewsurbanblue

I only just really studied the table and realised that losing would almost certainly see us out of the top 6. Didn't realise how close the Goal difference is amongst all the top teams and with Portsmouth and Coventry having relatively easy games we really cannot afford to lose.

I struggle with the 'I'd take a point' mentality though. Always have done!
Would probably take a point today on 09:34 - Feb 8 with 2081 viewsbazgammon

and lose again on Tuesday, the club is regressing and has been since the bubble burst in the Autumn. its only because the league is so poor that so many clubs are in the mix. we should be bossing the league but with pr paul in charge will be lucky to make the playoffs. our home record for last 2 years is especially abysmal.

Poll: Lambert

Login to get fewer ads

Would probably take a point today on 09:42 - Feb 8 with 2058 viewsBluefish

Would probably take a point today on 08:49 - Feb 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Hi Mick

https://www.itfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/201718/february/sunderland-vs

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Would probably take a point today on 12:26 - Feb 8 with 1915 viewsVaughan8

Seeing as we can't beat any "good" teams a draw is probably the best we can hope for.

I would take a point now.
Would probably take a point today on 12:39 - Feb 8 with 1877 viewsChateauWines

Apart from us at sunderland and the Peterborough v oxford clash, top 9 will all win. Sunderland have a couple of injuries, I take us to get unexpected win if we select correct team and tactics. After this we have by far the easiest on paper run in.

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Would probably take a point today on 12:57 - Feb 8 with 1843 viewsreusersfreekicks

Would be very surprised to win, so yes a point would be fine
Would probably take a point today on 13:09 - Feb 8 with 1816 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. And perhaps part of that is showing we're a side that can be compact, disciplined and hard to beat.

The last couple of games exposed a few too many collective weaknesses on and off the ball.

Pronouns: He/Him

Would probably take a point today on 13:10 - Feb 8 with 1815 viewsstrikalite

Would probably take a point today on 12:39 - Feb 8 by ChateauWines

Apart from us at sunderland and the Peterborough v oxford clash, top 9 will all win. Sunderland have a couple of injuries, I take us to get unexpected win if we select correct team and tactics. After this we have by far the easiest on paper run in.

We're pinning our hopes on our home games, thankfully not too many sides have the quality and confidence of Posh right now, though still some tough ones to come(Ox, Pompey, Cov), so yep like everyone else I'd snap your hand off for a point too..

Get Bishop, Garbutt and KVY back for the last ten games and we have a chance still..
Would probably take a point today on 13:16 - Feb 8 with 1792 viewsunstableblue

Can’t see the supply lines to the forwards working with the stand in full backs. Downes needs to get forward, and we finally need ‘that’ performance from Judge.

I’d start Norwood he’ll like the big stage. I do think playing away and not being the big team may help.

Hoping Kenlock can pull out a good performance, didn’t he play well at St James Park a few years back?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Would probably take a point today on 13:42 - Feb 8 with 1722 viewsjas0999

Need to be looking to win the game after two very poor defeats. A draw however wouldn’t be a bad result by any means.
Would probably take a point today on 13:51 - Feb 8 with 1694 viewsGuthrum

Yes ... and no.

All things being equal, a point away at Sunderland when we're in poor form is fine. However, it's likely to take something more than that to turn the situation of fan morale around.

A battling comeback draw might be enough, but a dull, sluggish 0 - 0 probably not.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Would probably take a point today on 14:00 - Feb 8 with 1678 viewsChrisd

Would probably take a point today on 12:39 - Feb 8 by ChateauWines

'We have by far the easiest - on paper - run in,' famous last words!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024