Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick 17:07 - Feb 8 with 4960 viewsIllinoisblue

How can a professional not hit the target from 8 yards?

And how much time did Jackson want with his chance at the end?

Ffs. Downes too with a great chance at the end, balloons it over.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 17:08 - Feb 8 with 4929 viewsArthur_Hayes

Norwood really is pub league at times. That shot summed up his afternoon.
I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 17:13 - Feb 8 with 4839 viewsHullblue

Unforgivably poor that. Can understand not scoring but missing the target is ridiculous. Then he tried to blame Donacien for missing even though the defender kicked it off him.

Jackson looked so low on confidence when he went through - it was like he was waiting for something to happen. Needed to shift it onto his left but just never did.

Shame really because we just about deserved a point based on our first half.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 17:15 - Feb 8 with 4803 viewsTheBoyBlue

Exactly this! Professionals, paid disproportionately for supposedly being able to kick a football in the right direction better than us normos. Yet even when given free shots at goal they can't get it in. It is absurd, arguably disgraceful. But this is what you get when you don't pay the going rate for someone who can genuinely score enough goals to change games and/or putting a scouting system in place to find them wherever they are. Everything has been done on the cheap and so this is where we find ourselves.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 17:19 - Feb 8 with 4745 viewsacj

Almost turned into an inspired assist for Donacien. Nah very poor, so frustrating. As Hullblue says, Jackson really needed to shift it onto his left and open up his body coming in from that angle, looks short of confidence at the mo. To be fair to Downes his chance was a difficult one dropping down on the volley, he tried to take it very high so not easy to keep those down.

Today could have been very different if we’d had Garbutt & KVY available, we had no end product from wide areas.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 17:24 - Feb 8 with 4674 viewsYallop

Needed to be a left footer hit it from there
I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 17:55 - Feb 8 with 4525 viewsPositivelyPortman

Should never have rolled it to him.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 17:57 - Feb 8 with 4496 viewsBluecasp

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 17:55 - Feb 8 by PositivelyPortman

Should never have rolled it to him.

Exactly what I thought. Let's face it Skuse getting an assist would be a miracle. All it needed was someone just to smash it straight at the goal
I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 18:21 - Feb 8 with 4374 viewsnorth_stand77

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 17:57 - Feb 8 by Bluecasp

Exactly what I thought. Let's face it Skuse getting an assist would be a miracle. All it needed was someone just to smash it straight at the goal

But how often do we do that? We rarely shoot from distance too!

It's all very frustrating especially as we seemed to have had the better of the first half.

And thats another thing, how often do have a reasonable half and the second one is rubbish?
Login to get fewer ads

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 18:39 - Feb 8 with 4293 viewsstrikalite

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 18:21 - Feb 8 by north_stand77

But how often do we do that? We rarely shoot from distance too!

It's all very frustrating especially as we seemed to have had the better of the first half.

And thats another thing, how often do have a reasonable half and the second one is rubbish?

Agree, would love to see a league table of shots from outside of the box, because we'd be right at the bottom..

Apart from this rubbish, I hope you're well S :)
I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 18:52 - Feb 8 with 4213 viewsITFC_Forever

As an aside, WTF was the Sunderland wall doing standing where it did?

Nearly all of them were in front of the goal line and a number of them by several yards.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 21:20 - Feb 8 with 3868 viewsnorth_stand77

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 18:39 - Feb 8 by strikalite

Agree, would love to see a league table of shots from outside of the box, because we'd be right at the bottom..

Apart from this rubbish, I hope you're well S :)

.........You've got me curious now, can I have a clue please?!
I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 21:37 - Feb 8 with 3780 viewshaynes_toe1

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 17:08 - Feb 8 by Arthur_Hayes

Norwood really is pub league at times. That shot summed up his afternoon.

Hes certainly gone quiet on twitter and stopped trying to wind up Norwich / random other teams fans
I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 10:30 - Feb 9 with 3349 viewsParisBlue

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 17:57 - Feb 8 by Bluecasp

It was asking for someone just to smash it at goal and get lucky with deflections, ricochets etc

A bit like penalties. If the keeper saves it then fine, but at least get it on target.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 10:42 - Feb 9 with 3315 viewsstrikalite

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 21:20 - Feb 8 by north_stand77

.........You've got me curious now, can I have a clue please?!

Once upon a time you got me Two great seats in Co-Op v QPR....;)
I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 10:49 - Feb 9 with 3277 viewstextbackup

Norwood seriously needs to start focusing more on his football more than social media bullsht

A striker with a brain would have seen the huge gap open up in the wall and rolled it into the corner.

Utter shambles them lot.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 11:03 - Feb 9 with 3193 viewsBLUEBEAT

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 21:37 - Feb 8 by haynes_toe1

Hes certainly gone quiet on twitter and stopped trying to wind up Norwich / random other teams fans

Yeah, he used to be a big fish in a small pond

Now he’s a tadpole in a small pond

Poll: W or W

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 11:10 - Feb 9 with 3159 viewssparks

Those close free kicks rarely go in. But Jacksons failure to get a shot off when clean through was shockingly poor.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 11:15 - Feb 9 with 3129 viewsbluejacko

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 11:10 - Feb 9 by sparks

Those close free kicks rarely go in. But Jacksons failure to get a shot off when clean through was shockingly poor.

Ok but to actually MISS the bloody target 😡
I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 11:16 - Feb 9 with 3128 viewsThe_Realist_09

You do realise this was in-direct right? Has to be touched or passed before shooting.
I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 11:18 - Feb 9 with 3115 viewsPecker

Let it go. (there is a song in there somewhere).
I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 11:22 - Feb 9 with 3103 viewsAlexwaddell

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 11:16 - Feb 9 by The_Realist_09

You do realise this was in-direct right? Has to be touched or passed before shooting.

I can just imagine what Mark Venus would have done with that free kick!!!!
It seems that Norwood could not hit a cow on the ar$e with a stick if he was holding its tail.....

Poll: What was today?

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 15:02 - Feb 9 with 2874 viewsnorth_stand77

I will be fuming all weekend about Norwood’s free kick on 10:42 - Feb 9 by strikalite

Once upon a time you got me Two great seats in Co-Op v QPR....;)

Ahhh, it's nice that you remembered!

It's a shame we're not still supporting a Championship team, but if those heady days return and there's a ticket offer on, don't forget to contact me again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024