Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is no light at the end of the tunnel 17:22 - Feb 8 with 414 viewsSenatorBlue

Being an Ipswich fan is horrible right now, and has been for too long. Let’s make no bones about it, the fans have done their part this year. We’ve turned out on numbers, been vocal and largely positive, but our once great club is in terminal decline.

Continued failure to invest in playing staff, disjointed plans, and lack of football intelligence at the top of our club, which sees us continue to make the same mistakes over and over. The club needs gutting. Highest wage bill, but look no further than a vibrant Peterborough, for a team that maximises its budget. We waste it on mediocrity.

We need a new owner. ME can not afford us, and Is effectively fighting a Dunkirk style rear guard action, to the point where we are now pinned on the beach.

We have experienced ex-pros still deeply connected to the club, and feeling the same pain as is fans, who I’m convinced could provide the football knowledge we need to get the right strategy, coaches, scouts and players to arrest our free fall, and start us moving forwards again.

Carry on as we are, and ultimately I see us doing a Bury or Bolton. It seems almost inevitable.

So Mr Sheeran (or insert other interested Ipswich connected benefactor). I know you can’t afford us in your own right, but get a consortium together who can, and then gut the club, instil experienced leaders with track records of running football clubs, to run the club, get the right coach who truly has a vision, and wants to take on the project, and back them to gut and then start building the team.

I’ve reached the point where I’d love to no longer care, and to walk away. But I can’t, it’s in the blood. Ill be there, good, bad and most likely ugly, embarrassing myself as my passion for this club drives outbursts of frustration, that is far rather channel positively.

All we need is a light at the end of the tunnel, but what glimmered earlier this season is vanishing faster into the distance than we can keep pace with.

Sorry for the flounce as many will class it, but it’s soul destroying feeling truly down weekend and weekend about your team.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024