Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In hindsight... 17:35 - Feb 8 with 817 viewsTheBoyBlue

...would it have been better if Evans hadn't bought the club in 2007 and we'd just gone out of business? We could've built a new club by now and probably be in a better position by now.

Obviously no one at the time would've suggested such a thing and of course there's no guarantee that a phoenix club would've risen from the ashes, but it just feels that the last thirteen years have been completely wasted, a slow death when we could have had a quicker, cleaner one back then.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

In hindsight... on 17:36 - Feb 8 with 800 viewsBackToRussia

Er, yeah, or - and I know this is a mad idea - someone smart and competent may have bought us and done a good job?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

In hindsight... on 17:39 - Feb 8 with 766 viewsTheBoyBlue

In hindsight... on 17:36 - Feb 8 by BackToRussia

Er, yeah, or - and I know this is a mad idea - someone smart and competent may have bought us and done a good job?

Obviously the better option. But who else was in the running at the time? Wasn't Sullivan and Gold lurking? I remember thinking at the time I wouldn't have wanted them touching my club with a bargepole, but if I knew what a monumental mess Evans would make of the club I might have felt differently.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

In hindsight... on 17:41 - Feb 8 with 737 viewsRegencyBlue

It would certainly have been better had we not been sold to a wide boy chancer!
In hindsight... on 17:44 - Feb 8 with 706 viewsRegencyBlue

In hindsight... on 17:39 - Feb 8 by TheBoyBlue

Obviously the better option. But who else was in the running at the time? Wasn't Sullivan and Gold lurking? I remember thinking at the time I wouldn't have wanted them touching my club with a bargepole, but if I knew what a monumental mess Evans would make of the club I might have felt differently.

Sullivan and Gold aren’t great but Evans lost any credibility for me years ago!
In hindsight... on 18:42 - Feb 8 with 612 viewsBackToRussia

In hindsight... on 17:39 - Feb 8 by TheBoyBlue

I am not sure these things are really publicised. Most wealthy people trying to buy stuff like to keep it private.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024