Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long term view 18:57 - Feb 8 with 1550 viewsHARRY10

I suspect Lanbert told Evans that there is no short term fix for the - not just the squad.

We have been allowed to druft for far too long and the rot us fairly we ingraine.. This something we have to adjust to. More so those who thought relegation would be the blow that then saw us spring up from the canvas, gain a easy promotion and continue our long climb back.

The number of youth players out on loan suggests we are now properly building for the future. Though there's a fair bit of dead wood to be cleared out of the squad. Unfortunately at this level it's not so easy to shift on unwanted players.

So Lambert is here for the long term The one positive is that I doubt he would have comitted himself to the club if he did not see any possibility of long term improvement.

So as they say 'we go again'.
Long term view on 19:01 - Feb 8 with 1506 viewsRonFearonsHair

Reading O’Neills interview last week there were times where it seemed like he wasn’t actually expecting us to go up this season.
Long term view on 19:01 - Feb 8 with 1500 viewsMattinLondon

He committed himself to the club as a way of financial security for the next few years. If a better offer comes up he’ll be off - just like most people in all walks of life.
Long term view on 19:07 - Feb 8 with 1457 viewsPositivelyPortman

Long term view on 19:01 - Feb 8 by RonFearonsHair

Reading O’Neills interview last week there were times where it seemed like he wasn’t actually expecting us to go up this season.

O’Neill is another waste of space.
He just talks himself in circles with vague promises and platitudes.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Long term view on 19:17 - Feb 8 with 1375 viewsRegencyBlue

Long term view on 19:07 - Feb 8 by PositivelyPortman

O’Neill is another waste of space.
He just talks himself in circles with vague promises and platitudes.

Like those before him he is employed to take the heat off Evans.

That is as far as it goes!
Long term view on 19:48 - Feb 8 with 1269 viewsHARRY10

Long term view on 19:01 - Feb 8 by MattinLondon

He committed himself to the club as a way of financial security for the next few years. If a better offer comes up he’ll be off - just like most people in all walks of life.

That I doubt if not dispute. Lambert will have had enough 'settlements' and earned enough money to be secure.

5 years is what he has put to Evans as a time it will need to turn the club around and get us back on our feet. What I am sure he has also said is that he's not going to start the job if he isn't given the time to finish it.

I don't think some realise just how far we have fallen. Two of our next three games are against recent non league clubs. How many had even heard of Fleetwood a few seasons back, yet here we are playing them. Clubs that we would until recently only imagined we'd play in the FA cup. Rochdale, Lincoln and Shrewsbury.

We will come good again, but not as quick as some still think.
Long term view on 19:51 - Feb 8 with 1253 viewshaynes_toe1

Since when does young players being on loan make a difference to how well our youth academy is going?

I do think we make a massive deal about our youth with very little evidence.

Those up the road won the FA youth Cup and I can only think of the Murphy twins in the championship who have made a career from it.

Lambert signed a contract because he isnt wanted anywhere else.
Long term view on 21:25 - Feb 8 with 1073 viewsHARRY10

Long term view on 19:51 - Feb 8 by haynes_toe1

Since when does young players being on loan make a difference to how well our youth academy is going?

I do think we make a massive deal about our youth with very little evidence.

Those up the road won the FA youth Cup and I can only think of the Murphy twins in the championship who have made a career from it.

Lambert signed a contract because he isnt wanted anywhere else.

The evidence is that many of our youth prospects never move beyond that ...prospects. The number of players now out on loan suggests they are making progress and learning the game - not hanging around Playford Road.

U18 FA youth cup win is great but I think it is accepted that it is no guarantee of future progress. Though I doubt the budgies complained about the £20m they sold them for. Or having a few of their youth players now playing PL football either.

My point is that previously we were not producing youth players who stepped up to the first team, or if so with another club. It does look now as if that is being addressed. Much as I suggest other areas of the club are. Clegg and Milne were not football men, and it showed. Lambert has a wealth of experience at a much higher level that where we currently are.

The real failing is with so many expecting that after 17 years rotting in the Championship our revival was only going to be a matter of getting in the right manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024