Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick McCarthys blue and white army 21:15 - Feb 8 with 3021 viewsr2d2

People didnt realise what a great job that man did here, on Evans meagre budget.
Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:19 - Feb 8 with 2772 viewsnoggin

When the football is shlte and the fans are fed up, does it really matter which league we're in?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:20 - Feb 8 with 2756 viewsSwailsey

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:19 - Feb 8 by noggin

When the football is shlte and the fans are fed up, does it really matter which league we're in?

Exactly. This league sucks.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:22 - Feb 8 with 2730 viewsnoggin

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:20 - Feb 8 by Swailsey

Exactly. This league sucks.

As did The Championship under MM.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:29 - Feb 8 with 2691 viewsSwailsey

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:22 - Feb 8 by noggin

And as it did under Hurst and Lambert presumably yeah?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:29 - Feb 8 with 2688 viewsSwailsey

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:29 - Feb 8 by Swailsey

And as it did under Hurst and Lambert presumably yeah?

And Keane?

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:29 - Feb 8 with 2682 viewsSwailsey

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:29 - Feb 8 by Swailsey

And Keane?

Oh and Jewell?

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:33 - Feb 8 with 2656 viewsCoco

Everyone realised. EVERYONE! Change the feckin record!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:42 - Feb 8 with 2613 viewsEireannach_gorm

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:22 - Feb 8 by noggin

At least Mick had a plan of playing, it might have been a mind numbing but a plan nonetheless. There appears to be no discernible plan in Pauls' case. This is the disheartening thing, if only he could give us something to get behind. All the talk in the world does not hide his lack of direction. In reality he is no better than Hurst, just hasn't fallen out with the senior players.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:45 - Feb 8 with 2582 viewsvapour_trail

Some didn’t. Most people did.

Not much point in this now though is there.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:48 - Feb 8 with 2554 viewsKeaneish

As divisive as the man himself. Like anyone wants to read that drivel three defeats on the bounce and dropping out of the play-offs.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 21:59 - Feb 8 with 2493 viewsOxford_Blue

Yep.

And the fans hounded him out.

We know best after all.
Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 01:03 - Feb 9 with 2307 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

I don't want McCarthy's name held in high regard for his time here. Was with it just about near each and every game - along with a great many others you might add - and the levels of banality and ineffectiveness are well authenticated.

What was it, one promotion year for the five or so with us and were well beaten by Norwich before it even went to a final game. Could list off the instances where irritated and tired of McCarthy's tenure throughout his stay here and the sum total could be something astronomical.

Yeah he'll have his supporters and those in defense but the name should have gone by the wayside long before it eventually did. Apologize if needs be but don't really feel the necessity for it.
Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 08:34 - Feb 9 with 2061 viewsslade1

The thing is, boring football or not, we would not have been relegated with MM in charge. We simply wouldn't have lost the amount of games we lost last season when we went down. Ok we wouldn't have won too many but we would have been drawing a lot of the games we lost.

I have been watching Ipswich for near on 60 years now and seen the highs and lows and I also have aa lot of respect for MM for what he achieved when he was managing this club while wearing a pair of handcuffs. He couldn't go out and spend millions, he had to cobble a team together with experience players, some youngsters and many loan players. His hands were tied on what team he could assemble and yet he kept us in the championship year after year (and even made the playoffs) with one of the smallest budgets in the league. Yes the football was pretty dire at times but it was on a needs must basis....a point is better than a loss, simple.

Anyway, if we had stayed with MM for a little longer I don't think we would have been relegated, he wouldn't have let it happen. Ok MM couldn't go on forever but when the time to change the manager came around at least we would have been mid table in the championship and not rock bottom
Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 08:37 - Feb 9 with 2041 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 08:45 - Feb 9 with 2017 viewsbraveblue

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 08:34 - Feb 9 by slade1

The thing is, boring football or not, we would not have been relegated with MM in charge. We simply wouldn't have lost the amount of games we lost last season when we went down. Ok we wouldn't have won too many but we would have been drawing a lot of the games we lost.

I have been watching Ipswich for near on 60 years now and seen the highs and lows and I also have aa lot of respect for MM for what he achieved when he was managing this club while wearing a pair of handcuffs. He couldn't go out and spend millions, he had to cobble a team together with experience players, some youngsters and many loan players. His hands were tied on what team he could assemble and yet he kept us in the championship year after year (and even made the playoffs) with one of the smallest budgets in the league. Yes the football was pretty dire at times but it was on a needs must basis....a point is better than a loss, simple.

Anyway, if we had stayed with MM for a little longer I don't think we would have been relegated, he wouldn't have let it happen. Ok MM couldn't go on forever but when the time to change the manager came around at least we would have been mid table in the championship and not rock bottom

Just so wrong. We were on a downward spiral with MM. Crowds were disappearing and the football was awful. Results were bad. He was not good for the club.
Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 08:53 - Feb 9 with 1991 viewsSwailsey

Spot on

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 08:54 - Feb 9 with 1991 viewsslade1

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 08:45 - Feb 9 by braveblue

Just so wrong. We were on a downward spiral with MM. Crowds were disappearing and the football was awful. Results were bad. He was not good for the club.

We finished 12th in the table in MM's last season, 19 clear of the relegation zone. At least he battled with what he had and nicked a point here and there when today we would lose the same match
Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 08:54 - Feb 9 with 1985 viewsslade1

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 08:53 - Feb 9 by Swailsey

Spot on

Thank you....someone that has sense!
Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 09:34 - Feb 9 with 1861 viewsr2d2

Completely agree.
Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 09:37 - Feb 9 with 1855 viewsr2d2

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 08:37 - Feb 9 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

No lm not, but a dose of reality is needed. Mick worked with what he had, which wasnt very much. He did it well, it wasnt pretty but we scrapped for points. He played to our strengths. He could do no more. Evans wasnt helping with any kind of budget.
Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 13:21 - Feb 9 with 1689 viewsMeadowlark

Everyone knew what he was doing.
He was keeping us up by playing boring football and we'd all stopped going because we couldn't bear watching it any longer.
He was criticising the fans and driving us away with a two-pronged attack. (The only attack he ever managed!) It was him against us.
It wasn't that long ago! Surely you remember?
Things are not good now, but towards the end of the McCarthy era I couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Relegation was, unfortunately, an accepted consequence of his departure.
It might be true that we would still be in The Championship, it might be true that he would have kept as up, but that is irrelevant now. I for one would no longer have been watching.
Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 13:22 - Feb 9 with 1682 viewsPecker

HE HAS GONE. GET OVER IT.
Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 13:23 - Feb 9 with 1678 viewsSwailsey

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 13:21 - Feb 9 by Meadowlark

He was keeping us up by playing boring football and we'd all stopped going because we couldn't bear watching it any longer.
He was criticising the fans and driving us away with a two-pronged attack. (The only attack he ever managed!) It was him against us.
Things are not good now, but towards the end of the McCarthy era I couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Relegation was, unfortunately, an accepted consequence of his departure.
It might be true that we would still be in The Championship, it might be true that he would have kept as up, but that is irrelevant now. I for one would no longer have been watching.

Please don’t speak for all of us.

Relegation was NEVER an accepted consequence by me.

I FOR ONE, would watch and support us through thick and thin.

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 13:34 - Feb 9 with 1633 viewsr2d2

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 13:21 - Feb 9 by Meadowlark

Relegation was never the answer. Why some thought it would be a good idea l still dont get. To say you wouldn't be watching if Mick was still here is ridiculous because what we are watching now is for the best part no better.
Mick worked with what he had. His system kept us in the championship. He certainly had more idea than what has followed. The players, management and owner are totally clueless nowadays. For the most part Mick kept us competitive. We are a joke now.
Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 13:36 - Feb 9 with 1620 viewsPecker

Mick McCarthys blue and white army on 13:34 - Feb 9 by r2d2

Relegation was never the answer. Why some thought it would be a good idea l still dont get. To say you wouldn't be watching if Mick was still here is ridiculous because what we are watching now is for the best part no better.
Mick worked with what he had. His system kept us in the championship. He certainly had more idea than what has followed. The players, management and owner are totally clueless nowadays. For the most part Mick kept us competitive. We are a joke now.

IT HAS HAPPENED. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. IT IS THE HERE AND NOW THAT MATTERS.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024