Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... 22:04 - Feb 8 with 2761 viewsSitfcB

If we don’t get promoted this season then that is a failure.

If we don’t get promoted then Lambert has to go!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 22:08 - Feb 8 with 2714 viewsitfcjoe

I still don’t think anyone can justify that contract, I remember turning up at Wycombe just as it was announced

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 22:10 - Feb 8 with 2706 viewsCoco

I don’t think you were alone.

Evans a total disaster. Handing out a long contract doesn’t mean “I’m now thinking long term”

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 22:19 - Feb 8 with 2656 viewsBackToRussia

I can see ME sticking with him if it's a playoff loss. Actually I can see it if we miss out entirely.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 22:24 - Feb 8 with 2622 viewsITFC_Forever

Surely there must be some kind of break clause if we don’t go up?

But this is ME and ITFC we’re talking about.... so I’m not holding my breath.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 22:42 - Feb 8 with 2544 viewshomer_123

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 22:24 - Feb 8 by ITFC_Forever

Bit fecking late if it's a clause on that basis.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 22:46 - Feb 8 with 2523 viewshaynes_toe1

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 22:42 - Feb 8 by homer_123

Bit fecking late if it's a clause on that basis.

Exactly. Unless I'm missing something this season is pretty bloody important for the future of our club.
Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 22:51 - Feb 8 with 2482 viewsMelford

All this is Lambert's fault, he had that team pissing the league just keeping it simple by putting our best eleven out in a settled formation which worked an absolute treat. Then he decided to start pissing about with not only rotating the squad but employing different tactics and systems from game to game.
Bart Knudsen Smith Berra Chambers etc
Wright Clapham Mowbray Venus Wilnis etc
Forrest Thompson Linighan Wark Stockwell etc
You could name the team in midweek really, barring injuries and suspensions we'd just keep on going with a winning team, especially this season when we were at the time bossing it at the top there was no reason to tinker.
If we don't go up this season it's all on Lambert, nothing to do with Marcus Evans. This squad is more than capable of getting promoted easily, it needs no more funds or players.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 23:03 - Feb 8 with 2414 viewsTractorWood

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 22:08 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

I still don’t think anyone can justify that contract, I remember turning up at Wycombe just as it was announced

I thought it was a joke.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 23:06 - Feb 8 with 2401 viewsMrTown

100% has to leave if we don’t get promoted.

Will be playing in front of around 8,000 next year if not.

Circus of club Ipswich are, absolute sh*t show. I think the term is basket case

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 23:39 - Feb 8 with 2299 viewsLankHenners

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 22:24 - Feb 8 by ITFC_Forever

Must be but hard to see how getting rid of someone with 1 year left to go is cheaper than getting rid with 4 left to go.

ME's taking the easy/cheap option again - just hoping Lambert pulls something from nothing and he doesn't have to do anything. Problem is, forget about backing the wrong horse, he's backed a donkey.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 00:01 - Feb 9 with 2226 viewsGarv

Why?

Big budget? History?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 00:29 - Feb 9 with 2178 viewspatrickswell

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 22:19 - Feb 8 by BackToRussia

I can see ME sticking with him if it's a playoff loss. Actually I can see it if we miss out entirely.

He’ll be here next year and can still justify the opportunity given that this isn’t fully “his” team yet. Would we miss ANY of Hurst’s signings for instance? And there are big decisions to be made on talented crocks like Bishop and Huws.
Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 00:40 - Feb 9 with 2140 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

No way in hell Lambert will see out the full five years here, why Evans provided such a substantial extension is a mystery. The owner's an ass but for an agreement of that nature, borders on insanity.

If the club don't return to the second level at first attempt then Lambert should go. Nothing personal but this is a results business. All said he was here for the majority of the relegation season last year and evidently isn't competent enough for what the team requires. That said Norwich apart for one season he wasn't competent enough anywhere else with it.
Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 02:59 - Feb 9 with 2055 viewslmfcblue

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 22:51 - Feb 8 by Melford

All this is Lambert's fault, he had that team pissing the league just keeping it simple by putting our best eleven out in a settled formation which worked an absolute treat. Then he decided to start pissing about with not only rotating the squad but employing different tactics and systems from game to game.
Bart Knudsen Smith Berra Chambers etc
Wright Clapham Mowbray Venus Wilnis etc
Forrest Thompson Linighan Wark Stockwell etc
You could name the team in midweek really, barring injuries and suspensions we'd just keep on going with a winning team, especially this season when we were at the time bossing it at the top there was no reason to tinker.
If we don't go up this season it's all on Lambert, nothing to do with Marcus Evans. This squad is more than capable of getting promoted easily, it needs no more funds or players.

We are all idiots for doubting his ability and we don’t know the game
Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 04:15 - Feb 9 with 2000 viewsITFC_Blood

Lambert is ok tho lol

Nice compo there

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 05:34 - Feb 9 with 1948 viewsChrisd

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 22:10 - Feb 8 by Coco

I don’t think you were alone.

Evans a total disaster. Handing out a long contract doesn’t mean “I’m now thinking long term”

In ME’s head it does! Yet another woeful decision by him.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 5:37]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 06:20 - Feb 9 with 1903 viewsbobbyramsey

Said it at the time but that contract extension is/was f’king laughable... on 00:40 - Feb 9 by Minneapolis_ITFC

No way in hell Lambert will see out the full five years here, why Evans provided such a substantial extension is a mystery. The owner's an ass but for an agreement of that nature, borders on insanity.

If the club don't return to the second level at first attempt then Lambert should go. Nothing personal but this is a results business. All said he was here for the majority of the relegation season last year and evidently isn't competent enough for what the team requires. That said Norwich apart for one season he wasn't competent enough anywhere else with it.

Colchester...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024