Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tight Exit Poll in Ireland 22:14 - Feb 8 with 1763 viewsKievthegreat

Top 3 parties all within 0.2% on the exit poll. Jesus that's tight. I'll be honest, I don't know the Irish electoral system and what that means in terms of seats, but amazingly tight.

Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 22:21 - Feb 8 with 1733 viewsMoriarty

Looks like a lot of Sinn Fein/IRA vote came from younger voters. Which doesn’t say much for our younger generation.

I’d imagine FF or FG will go into coalition with the Greens with the other of FF or FG in a confidence and supply arrangement. That will at least keep Cabinet free of the SF/IRA scum.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 22:21]

fka omuircheartaigh

Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 22:24 - Feb 8 with 1710 viewsvapour_trail

Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 22:21 - Feb 8 by Moriarty

Looks like a lot of Sinn Fein/IRA vote came from younger voters. Which doesn’t say much for our younger generation.

I’d imagine FF or FG will go into coalition with the Greens with the other of FF or FG in a confidence and supply arrangement. That will at least keep Cabinet free of the SF/IRA scum.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 22:21]

Won’t translate into seats for SF by all accounts.

Bit dismissive of your younger countryfolk though, moriarty.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 22:31 - Feb 8 with 1693 viewsPinewoodblue

“ On the basis of the latest poll, there is no obvious path to a stable government” quote from Irish Times.

Guess you can blame their electoral system, single transferable vote, so many parties to choose from and loads of independent candidates.

Seems no one has a clue what it all means. Except presumably an unstable government.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 22:44 - Feb 8 with 1666 viewsMoriarty

Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 22:24 - Feb 8 by vapour_trail

Won’t translate into seats for SF by all accounts.

Bit dismissive of your younger countryfolk though, moriarty.

I’m dismissive of SF/IRA, their criminality, their antics and their usurpation of the ideals and sacrifice of the 1916 leaders, especially Pearse.

The exit polls show the SF/IRA surge stems from a young vote, 18-24. So yeah, fu€k ‘em.

fka omuircheartaigh

Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 23:13 - Feb 8 with 1608 viewsvapour_trail

Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 22:44 - Feb 8 by Moriarty

I’m dismissive of SF/IRA, their criminality, their antics and their usurpation of the ideals and sacrifice of the 1916 leaders, especially Pearse.

The exit polls show the SF/IRA surge stems from a young vote, 18-24. So yeah, fu€k ‘em.

Each to their own.

Edit: no offence meant by the way.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 23:17]

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 23:16 - Feb 8 with 1602 viewsGodzilla

SF will help the people left behind by Ireland's economic revival by taxing the rich more to provide better health and housing for those left behind, sounds familiar.

(No subject) (n/t) on 01:34 - Feb 9 with 1518 viewsClareBlue

I had to vote 1 to 15 preference

we will be declaring around Moday PM or Tuesday

The exit pole is only 1st and 2nd preferences so SF will not do as well as the figures show because they are not transfer friendly and actually have not run enough candidates to transfer their surpluses to another candidate. If it all means nothing to you then have a peak at how it all works

https://www.housing.gov.ie/sites/default/files/publications/files/pr-stv_guide.p

If that isn't complex then whatt is?

FF plus greens and labour government, with maybe a couple of independents to make up the numbers is our prediction

and BTW, there is a massive storm coming your way folks. Just hit west of Ireland and its a big one,
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 1:41]
Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 09:16 - Feb 9 with 1411 viewsMoriarty

Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 23:13 - Feb 8 by vapour_trail

Each to their own.

Edit: no offence meant by the way.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2020 23:17]

None taken. I’ve linked this as it elaborates my point.

https://m.independent.ie/opinion/comment/so-why-didnt-younger-voters-care-about-

fka omuircheartaigh

Login to get fewer ads

Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 10:23 - Feb 9 with 1346 viewsmanchego

I don't know too much about each of the parties but whenever I've seen Varadkar (FG) I've been extremely impressed.
Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 10:25 - Feb 9 with 1341 viewsAce_High1

I was in Dublin a few weeks ago and the campaign posters were up everywhere.

Most of the locals said they needed change.
Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 10:58 - Feb 9 with 1307 viewsEly_Blue

Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 10:25 - Feb 9 by Ace_High1

I was in Dublin a few weeks ago and the campaign posters were up everywhere.

Most of the locals said they needed change.

I travel for work to Ireland on a regular basis (at least 2 days per week since Christmas), and when I have asked my Irish colleagues about what they thought would happen the answer from the majority was "god only knows"

As for the posters yes they are everywhere but also it seems in each area that there is more than 1 candidate for each party, this along with so many parties surely cannot ever deliver a stable government

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 11:10 - Feb 9 with 1292 viewsPinewoodblue

Tight Exit Poll in Ireland on 10:58 - Feb 9 by Ely_Blue

I travel for work to Ireland on a regular basis (at least 2 days per week since Christmas), and when I have asked my Irish colleagues about what they thought would happen the answer from the majority was "god only knows"

As for the posters yes they are everywhere but also it seems in each area that there is more than 1 candidate for each party, this along with so many parties surely cannot ever deliver a stable government

Each constituency elects more than so it is natural to have more than one candidate for each party. SF clearly didn’t expect to make the impact they appear to have made as they didn’t do this.

Posters appeared overnight in their thousands often one on each lamppost in a street.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024