Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If only Wright didn't join Arsenal 22:56 - Feb 8 with 2712 viewsFrimleyBlue

All these years of hurt wouldn't have followed.

We wouldnt have bought sereni and upset the other players.
We then wouldn't have ended up with Marshall when Sereni needed a break.

So Mr Wright. Fk you!

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 23:01 - Feb 8 with 2671 viewsCoco

Not sure that winter of 1991 had any bearing on us

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 00:34 - Feb 9 with 2558 viewspatrickswell

But look on the bright side, Wright essentially ended his own career after making that move. Am pretty sure he made more appearances for us between 1995 and 2001 than he did for Arsenal, Everton, ourselves and (cough) Man City up to his retirement.

From a potential England keeper to the butt of a joke. A real waste of a career, though I’m sure he’s set for life now.
If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 01:24 - Feb 9 with 2510 viewsjeera

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 00:34 - Feb 9 by patrickswell

But look on the bright side, Wright essentially ended his own career after making that move. Am pretty sure he made more appearances for us between 1995 and 2001 than he did for Arsenal, Everton, ourselves and (cough) Man City up to his retirement.

From a potential England keeper to the butt of a joke. A real waste of a career, though I’m sure he’s set for life now.

Yeah I doubt he's crying into his millions.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 01:27 - Feb 9 with 2516 viewsjeera

Definitely made a difference; no 2 ways about it.

The agent got the blame at the time, for being pushy, which I suppose isn't too far-fetched.

RW did well out of his career financially but as Patrick there says too, things may have had an alternative outcome had that side been kept together.

What can you do, when a player wants to go, he wants to go.

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 02:29 - Feb 9 with 2483 viewsWeWereZombies

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 23:01 - Feb 8 by Coco

Not sure that winter of 1991 had any bearing on us

Think the OP means Richard rather than Ian (unless referring to Billy who managed Arsenal, might have solved the 'who could replace Alf Ramsey' problem).

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 07:34 - Feb 9 with 2243 viewsbluelou

Maybe we should have like, I don’t know, just let Sereni have a break?
I never understood why he got such stick for that. Who knows what was up with him?

Anyway I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t have made much difference nearly 20 years later

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 08:12 - Feb 9 with 2168 viewsLeoMuff

Both Wright and Sereni hugely over rated imho

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 10:28 - Feb 9 with 2018 viewsPendejo

the other key change that summer... allowing Scowcroft to leave, 2 home grown players, ripped the heart out of the whole ethos Burley had built on

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 10:35 - Feb 9 with 1991 viewsParisBlue

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 10:28 - Feb 9 by Pendejo

the other key change that summer... allowing Scowcroft to leave, 2 home grown players, ripped the heart out of the whole ethos Burley had built on

Scowie was a big loss.

Wright played over 20 games for Arsenal in his one season before moving to Everton and being first choice there. From memory we then fell out of his loft, hurt his back and from that point barely played regularly again (aside for a season with us)

Dream job at Man City though.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 11:40 - Feb 9 with 1914 viewsChateauWines

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 10:35 - Feb 9 by ParisBlue

Scowie was a big loss.

Wright played over 20 games for Arsenal in his one season before moving to Everton and being first choice there. From memory we then fell out of his loft, hurt his back and from that point barely played regularly again (aside for a season with us)

Didnt he fall out of his loft at Arsenal and then trip over a "KEEP OF THE PITCH" sign at Goodison and do his ankle in?

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 11:47 - Feb 9 with 1895 viewspatrickswell

Scowie was a big loss.

Memorably quit Preston after a week due to homesickness, only to then join Manchester City.

In fairness, Preston is a bit further away from Ipswich than Manchester is.
If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 11:59 - Feb 9 with 1865 viewsWD19

You can’t really blame Wright for going.

In the England setup. Picked up by Arsenal as the long term replacement to Seaman who was on the way out.

I saw his league debut for Arsenal away at Derby and he was very good. Crowd singing his name and a big future ahead.

.....then he dropped a rick in his first home game in front of a much bigger number of Arsenal fans and it was downhill from there.

The issue was not replacing him in a sensible way.
If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 17:58 - Feb 9 with 1694 viewsWeWereZombies

Scowie was a big loss.

What were we doing in Richard Wright's loft?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 18:00 - Feb 9 with 1687 viewschicoazul

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 00:34 - Feb 9 by patrickswell

He's GK coach at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 18:05 - Feb 9 with 1674 viewscbower

The bigger mistake was the sale of Scowcroft for me.

bluescouser

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 18:20 - Feb 9 with 1639 viewsjeera

If only Wright didn't join Arsenal on 18:05 - Feb 9 by cbower

The bigger mistake was the sale of Scowcroft for me.

His biggest mistake - his words not mine - was to return for a second stint.

Understandably, as most things in life aren't the same if you try to revisit them.

But yes, you're right. He was a solid honest player who had his head in the right place.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024