Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just get George Burley in NOW 08:32 - Feb 9 with 7000 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Just get George Burley in NOW on 08:35 - Feb 9 with 4177 viewsBloomBlue

What after his poor selecting of players got us relegated from the Prem and started this decline, no thanks.
Just get George Burley in NOW on 08:36 - Feb 9 with 4162 viewsBryanPlug

Just get George Burley in NOW on 08:35 - Feb 9 by BloomBlue

What after his poor selecting of players got us relegated from the Prem and started this decline, no thanks.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Just get George Burley in NOW on 10:40 - Feb 9 with 4030 viewsTractorWood

Just get George Burley in NOW on 08:36 - Feb 9 by BryanPlug

*20 years ago

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Just get George Burley in NOW on 10:47 - Feb 9 with 4004 viewsLeoMuff

Just get George Burley in NOW on 08:35 - Feb 9 by BloomBlue

Tbf I’m not sure he could be any worse than what has gone before, I would not have wanted him back but if he started well he would gain some huge momentum with his history.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Just get George Burley in NOW on 10:49 - Feb 9 with 3999 viewsCoco

Just get George Burley in NOW on 10:40 - Feb 9 by TractorWood

*20 years ago

Heard the same when i wanted him before Hurst but i suppose people were right, getting Burley would’ve been disastrous. Burley’s methods and principles are still light years ahead of anything we’ve had for years. Football really hasn’t changed fundamentally and certainly not at this level.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Just get George Burley in NOW on 10:54 - Feb 9 with 3980 viewsEly_Blue

If anyone needs a reason why Burley should never go back into any form of management then they only have to look at his record SINCE he left us 20 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Burley

Its a no from me

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Just get George Burley in NOW on 10:57 - Feb 9 with 3972 viewsCoco

Just get George Burley in NOW on 10:54 - Feb 9 by Ely_Blue

If anyone needs a reason why Burley should never go back into any form of management then they only have to look at his record SINCE he left us 20 years ago

Its a no from me

He was decent in all those posts?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Just get George Burley in NOW on 10:58 - Feb 9 with 3964 viewsLeoMuff

Just get George Burley in NOW on 10:54 - Feb 9 by Ely_Blue

Its a no from me

Is that bad ? Hearts, Derby, Southampton with some success, Scotland are a basket case, and 2 games in Cyprus.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Just get George Burley in NOW on 10:59 - Feb 9 with 3961 viewsstrikalite

ME doesn't see a problem, attendances are well up from last season, that's the main reason why he offered the 5 year contract because he sees the fans are all back onside, nearly 22k against Peterborough in the third division, what's the problem?

(I'm not saying that, far from it, but that's how he'll see it)
Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:02 - Feb 9 with 3948 viewsEly_Blue

Just get George Burley in NOW on 10:58 - Feb 9 by LeoMuff

Is that bad ? Hearts, Derby, Southampton with some success, Scotland are a basket case, and 2 games in Cyprus.

And look how it ended at most of those clubs....... he hasnt exactly got on well with any of the people he has worked for has he?

also what has he won since he left us? Out of management for over 8 years now too

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:15 - Feb 9 with 3897 viewsreusersfreekicks

Not this rubbish again
Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:20 - Feb 9 with 3882 viewsmadmouse1959

We do not need any more ex town players. We don,t need some present ones either. Clearly evident that Evans is not steering this club in the right direction. Regardless of who he appoints as a manager, advisor or coaching staff. Evans has reaped what he has sown.

shampoo dave

Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:24 - Feb 9 with 3866 viewsPecker

Butcher is coming in in some capacity, so hopefully he can have a word or three.
Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:42 - Feb 9 with 3819 viewseddiespearitt03

Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:24 - Feb 9 by Pecker

Butcher is coming in in some capacity, so hopefully he can have a word or three.

A new coach might eradicate the fatal "Cruyff" turn on our goal line or losing a goal after trying to see the ball out of play. At the end of the day these extravagant blips are usually not practiced in training.
If we can not turn relentless possession play into taking a pot at goal then that means something totally different.
Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:43 - Feb 9 with 3805 viewsBackToRussia

'this is getting depressing now'. Now?????????
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 11:43]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:47 - Feb 9 with 3784 viewsBloomBlue

But you're only as good as your last time, it's like saying let's get Wark back into the team because he won the UEFA cup. Nobody is disputing Burley had success but he lost the ability as he got older (like all Mgrs) and he was the manager who relegated us from the prem after finishing 5th the season before. If you cannot see that as a clear sign of him losing his ability then we have no chance.
Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:56 - Feb 9 with 3760 viewsSharkey

An ex-player who is never mentioned when it comes to jobs anywhere is Geraint Williams. In my opinion, he is the best manager Colchester ever had ( an opinion shared by Karl Duguid, who played for many.) He was ‘let go’ by Colchester after they were relegated to League 1, but any manager would have struggled as all the best players were creamed off by League 1 rivals. After that he was briefly successful at Orient, and then worked for Wales . Don’t know what he does now or if he still lives in Ipswich, but to my mind he was always a class act. ‘Grace under pressure’ is not a phrase a that can easily be attributed to any recent Town manager, but Williams had it. Always courteous, never defensive (in interviews I mean) , and in the season when he had Mick Hartford as his number 2, a really wonderful manager tactically. As I say, I don’t know what he does these days , but he’s one ex-player that could bring some class to the club in some capacity.
Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:57 - Feb 9 with 3749 viewsmadmouse1959

Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:47 - Feb 9 by BloomBlue

But you're only as good as your last time, it's like saying let's get Wark back into the team because he won the UEFA cup. Nobody is disputing Burley had success but he lost the ability as he got older (like all Mgrs) and he was the manager who relegated us from the prem after finishing 5th the season before. If you cannot see that as a clear sign of him losing his ability then we have no chance.

Na.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 13:17]

shampoo dave

Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:57 - Feb 9 with 3747 viewsRyorry

Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:47 - Feb 9 by BloomBlue

Talking of age of managers, I had a wiki look at PL because of a comment by Badger last night, and was shocked to see PL is only 50 - I'd thought he was at least 60 from his looks. Can anyone think of a pro FM who actually looks *younger* than their age? Apart from maybe Solskaer, I can't. The stress levels nust put years on them!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just get George Burley in NOW on 12:01 - Feb 9 with 3729 views66notout

Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:56 - Feb 9 by Sharkey

An ex-player who is never mentioned when it comes to jobs anywhere is Geraint Williams. In my opinion, he is the best manager Colchester ever had ( an opinion shared by Karl Duguid, who played for many.) He was ‘let go’ by Colchester after they were relegated to League 1, but any manager would have struggled as all the best players were creamed off by League 1 rivals. After that he was briefly successful at Orient, and then worked for Wales . Don’t know what he does now or if he still lives in Ipswich, but to my mind he was always a class act. ‘Grace under pressure’ is not a phrase a that can easily be attributed to any recent Town manager, but Williams had it. Always courteous, never defensive (in interviews I mean) , and in the season when he had Mick Hartford as his number 2, a really wonderful manager tactically. As I say, I don’t know what he does these days , but he’s one ex-player that could bring some class to the club in some capacity.

Geraint Williams still lives in Ipswich, in fact he is with the club now, working part-time in the academy. Do keep up....
Just get George Burley in NOW on 12:02 - Feb 9 with 3721 viewsRyorry

Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:57 - Feb 9 by madmouse1959

Na.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 13:17]

I've always put that down to Kachloul, having agreed to sign, ratting out on us at the 11th hour to join a mate somewhere else. That meant instead of making the one quality addition we really needed, GB panicked & went for quantity instead of quality. Pay structure & team spirit consequently went for a burton, the rest is history.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just get George Burley in NOW on 12:04 - Feb 9 with 3714 viewsPecker

Just get George Burley in NOW on 11:57 - Feb 9 by Ryorry

Talking of age of managers, I had a wiki look at PL because of a comment by Badger last night, and was shocked to see PL is only 50 - I'd thought he was at least 60 from his looks. Can anyone think of a pro FM who actually looks *younger* than their age? Apart from maybe Solskaer, I can't. The stress levels nust put years on them!

If you had to take all the abuse managers do, you would age quickly to. I guess Wenger only aged naturally.
Just get George Burley in NOW on 12:20 - Feb 9 with 3670 viewsSharkey

Just get George Burley in NOW on 12:01 - Feb 9 by 66notout

Geraint Williams still lives in Ipswich, in fact he is with the club now, working part-time in the academy. Do keep up....

my bad . What does he do there? Which manager brought him in?
Just get George Burley in NOW on 12:40 - Feb 9 with 3605 viewsOxford_Blue

If the measure of a manager’s ability is what they did 20 years ago, then Paul Lambert got successive promotions with Norwich less than 10 years ago.
Just get George Burley in NOW on 12:46 - Feb 9 with 3569 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Just get George Burley in NOW on 12:02 - Feb 9 by Ryorry

I've always put that down to Kachloul, having agreed to sign, ratting out on us at the 11th hour to join a mate somewhere else. That meant instead of making the one quality addition we really needed, GB panicked & went for quantity instead of quality. Pay structure & team spirit consequently went for a burton, the rest is history.

It could have been just as bad.

CashDrool, was hardly a success at Villa, 22 games in 4 years, before going to Wolves on loan and then ending up in Scotland, football's equivalent of a graveyard

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024