Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst vs Lambert 10:24 - Feb 9 with 1688 viewsBluefish

I've seen them compared but they are completely different for me.

Hurst came here determined to prove himself, to prove he could do it at a higher level and he wasn't just a non league chancer. He had a system that he had used and he thought he could just come here and replicate it for success. It was all about him proving himself through success but he failed.

Lambert thinks he has done everything in the game already, he won the CL dont you know. He talks about Pep and Klopp and thinks he is comparable because he played in Germany and managed in the premier League. He didn't bring an identity or a plan because he thinks his presence will bring success. He doesn't need to prove himself and if we fail he still has a winners medal.

Lambert isn't going to fight to get out of this mess, he can't drag us out. He is an absolute fraud living off a playing reputation.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 15:34]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Hurst vs Lambert on 10:28 - Feb 9 with 1650 viewsCoco

He did bring and identity though, he just bizarrely abandoned it this year. He is over thinking league one completely.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Hurst vs Lambert on 10:31 - Feb 9 with 1640 viewsBluefish

Hurst vs Lambert on 10:28 - Feb 9 by Coco

He did bring and identity though, he just bizarrely abandoned it this year. He is over thinking league one completely.

He really didn't. All we had was a plan to pass goal kicks to centre backs. We have been a mess of tippy tappy and hoof since he arrived. It is a myth to think he didn't have us hoofing last season.

Hurst vs Lambert on 10:36 - Feb 9 with 1608 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I'd give him a new 5 years contract.
Hurst vs Lambert on 11:33 - Feb 9 with 1473 viewsMrTown

Paul Hurst would have been better for the long term future of Ipswich Town, at the point he was sacked we were down anyway so that season was irrelevant.

However, Hurst was the only man to come here and try and shove a rocket up some of the more comfortable players and they folded and cried like a bunch of babies.

If Hurst was backed over the players we would be in a much better position.

The players are cack, they have an easy ride.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Hurst vs Lambert on 12:16 - Feb 9 with 1381 viewsIllinoisblue

Lambert somehow got a free ride for one of the feeblest and most pathetic relegation “fights” ever. And now in League 1 he’s failed and continues to fail to get results when it matters. Now his rotation nonsense seems to be over, the focus falls on him to be able to motivate and inspire. He seems unable to do either.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hurst vs Lambert on 12:29 - Feb 9 with 1331 viewsBLUEBEAT

Don’t think Hurst did stuff in Germany?

Pretty sure he hadn’t mentioned Germany at all during his short, devastating and embarrassing tenure at ITFC?

Poll: W or W

Hurst vs Lambert on 15:02 - Feb 9 with 1191 viewsBlueBadger

Hurst was a chancer on his way up and looking to prove himself, Lambert was a chancer on the way down and looking for a payday.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hurst vs Lambert on 15:07 - Feb 9 with 1154 viewsBlueBadger

Hurst vs Lambert on 10:36 - Feb 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

I'd give him a new 5 years contract.

...with Norwich.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst vs Lambert on 15:22 - Feb 9 with 1115 viewsBlueBadger

Hurst vs Lambert on 10:28 - Feb 9 by Coco

He's not doing anything different now to what he was doing last season. There was constant churn of formations and line ups last season, along with the same utter lack of tactical thinking and motivation. The only thing he 'changed' was to put a glacé cherry on the top of the whole steaming turd and convince the easily led that Things Are Better Now.

Hurst vs Lambert on 15:33 - Feb 9 with 1082 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

When did Lambert manage in the Champions League?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Hurst vs Lambert on 15:34 - Feb 9 with 1069 viewsBluefish

Hurst vs Lambert on 15:33 - Feb 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

When did Lambert manage in the Champions League?

Supposed to say premier

Hurst vs Lambert on 17:17 - Feb 9 with 964 viewsRobTheMonk

Ahh the early days of Lambert watching Dean Gerkin play backwards passes when 6 yards out.

The Lambert lifeline - on the run to the end of the season in April and May we play some lower teams.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024