Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding 11:48 - Feb 9 with 3380 viewsGeefunk

Mick out

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 11:53 - Feb 9 with 3351 viewsPecker

I wanted MM out for the style of football, that is all. Never doubted his ability as a manager. YES, with hindsight, I would love it if MM was still here. I never voiced my opinion in the ground though, just on some football forum. I always back the players and manager when at games, don't see the point of going otherwise.
I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 11:54 - Feb 9 with 3341 viewsblueconscience

He would have got us relegated sooner or later under Evans’ limitations as a majority of the teams had sussed how to counter his one and only tactic and style. Was just a matter of time.

EVANS IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 11:57 - Feb 9 with 3318 viewsreusersfreekicks

Move on
I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 11:59 - Feb 9 with 3307 viewspointofblue

Mick had to go, his time here was done. The decisions made afterwards were the issue; similar with Jim IMO.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:03 - Feb 9 with 3281 viewsNo9

Why?
His win ratio was hardly any better than the % recorded by RK & PJ
Would you say the same about them?
Face it, the last ITFC manager to have a half decent record was BFJ
I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:03 - Feb 9 with 3282 viewsFtnfwest

They were being ridiculous to even suggest that there was anybody else on the entire planet that might be competent enough to manage the club clearly....after 6 years let’s not forget. Liverpool fans might be enjoying a golden age now but normally give managers 6 months if that to turn things around before they start baying for their replacement.
I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:04 - Feb 9 with 3265 viewsBent_double

Have you ever considered that maybe MM was always going to leave at the end of his contract anyway? Maybe he had had enough of doing things on the cheap, maybe he wanted a break or a new challenge?

Sure, there were some idiots saying some really dumb stuff about him/to him, but anyone could see his time here was up, probably regardless of that.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:09 - Feb 9 with 3248 viewsNo9

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:04 - Feb 9 by Bent_double

Have you ever considered that maybe MM was always going to leave at the end of his contract anyway? Maybe he had had enough of doing things on the cheap, maybe he wanted a break or a new challenge?

Sure, there were some idiots saying some really dumb stuff about him/to him, but anyone could see his time here was up, probably regardless of that.

Not to forget that he left ITFC with the same cloud over his time as he achieved in his previous manager jobs.
Login to get fewer ads

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:12 - Feb 9 with 3232 viewsCoco

Move on dullard

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:15 - Feb 9 with 3203 viewsartsbossbeard

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:12 - Feb 9 by Coco

Move on dullard

It's an easy tap in for the burly striker, Jeff.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:40 - Feb 9 with 3113 viewsTrequartista

I'm sorry for you still not comprehending that one man's departure, and another man's appointment were not the same decision.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:42 - Feb 9 with 3092 viewsOxford_Blue

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 11:54 - Feb 9 by blueconscience

He would have got us relegated sooner or later under Evans’ limitations as a majority of the teams had sussed how to counter his one and only tactic and style. Was just a matter of time.

EVANS IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!

Don’t think there’s any evidence for that. We never came close to relegation with him here and he attracted some decent players.
I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:55 - Feb 9 with 3040 viewsmarchy

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:04 - Feb 9 by Bent_double

Not to mention Ireland came calling again in November, and he was "coy" enough about the links to that job the first time when things here were going swimmingly. Does anyone honestly think he'd have stuck around here with everyone boring each other senseless? We'd have had a few more months out of him, tops.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 12:56]
I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:58 - Feb 9 with 3010 viewsArnieM

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 11:53 - Feb 9 by Pecker

I wanted MM out for the style of football, that is all. Never doubted his ability as a manager. YES, with hindsight, I would love it if MM was still here. I never voiced my opinion in the ground though, just on some football forum. I always back the players and manager when at games, don't see the point of going otherwise.

OP: 💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 13:00 - Feb 9 with 2977 viewswoodbridge_blue

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:42 - Feb 9 by Oxford_Blue

Don’t think there’s any evidence for that. We never came close to relegation with him here and he attracted some decent players.

Had we not beaten Burton away and Newcastle at home three seasons ago over the Easter weekend we would have been relegated....that was pretty close.
I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 13:05 - Feb 9 with 2943 viewsSwailsey

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:58 - Feb 9 by ArnieM

OP: 💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤

Please edit this man, it’s unreadable!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 14:26 - Feb 9 with 2807 viewsLeoMuff

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:03 - Feb 9 by No9

Why?

Seriously why would you use win ratio to compare those three ? Only one of those three got us in the top ten 3 times and finished in the play offs.

Desperate

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 15:01 - Feb 9 with 2746 viewsBlueBadger

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 12:03 - Feb 9 by No9

Why?

Oh Fred, you've never been good on facts, have you?

Mick: P279 W105 D 78 L96 - 37.6%
Jewell : P 85 W: 29 D: 18 L : - 34.1%
PRP : P: 72 D: 22 L: 30 - 27.8%

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Oh for God's sake on 18:58 - Feb 9 with 2608 viewsunstableblue

Let me post something from earlier:

"Much like the revisionism sadly going on across the board around Micks reign, which was in a terrible place in its final season and a half, with poison in the stands, and he had to go. The use of budget as a justification, when the likes of Brentford and Preston were finishing above us AND crucially making progress in their style of football rather resorting to the most dull and draconian football imaginable, and causing long term damage to the players confidence to play passing football and break the link to the brand of football being promoted in the academy. Those teams now sit 5th and 6th in the Championship and are in rude health."

We are not here because of the numbskulls, we're here because Marcus Evans has failed to put an effective football management into the club, and hired a series of bad managers to suit this club. None worse than Hurst. And now it seems Lambert may not have the technical ability we need. Especially in coaching and setting an attacking system.

Marcus needed some informed footballing advice; he has never had that. He perhaps needed to put in a modern 'technical director' or 'director of football' and I can guarantee you now that if they were progressive and competent, they would have a) not hired Mick McCarthey, or if hired during Mick's reign would have said b) Mick offers no long term option for this club.

Wake up for gods sake.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 20:45 - Feb 9 with 2502 viewswitchdoctor

O P... get scraped...😊👍
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 20:48]
I welcome any numbskulls to reply hereunder and say they are sorry for hounding on 10:34 - Feb 10 with 2232 viewsbraveblue

I celebrate the day he left.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024