Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too much speculation... 11:52 - Feb 9 with 5407 viewseddiespearitt03

on what Evans loses, puts in or takes out.

No one really knows the true extent of the figures. Do you really think he would remain here if there was no benefit ? Oh come on.
Too much speculation... on 11:53 - Feb 9 with 4952 viewsHerbivore

Our accounts are publicly available.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Too much speculation... on 16:45 - Feb 9 with 4846 viewsBluefish

Blimey

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Too much speculation... on 17:11 - Feb 9 with 4815 viewsWD19

When you say ‘no one really knows’ you mean you haven’t bothered to inform yourself and/or would prefer to just ignore facts, right!?
Too much speculation... on 17:18 - Feb 9 with 4792 viewssparks

Too much speculation... on 17:11 - Feb 9 by WD19

When you say ‘no one really knows’ you mean you haven’t bothered to inform yourself and/or would prefer to just ignore facts, right!?

He has gone one better than that.

He has told us there is too much speculation, and that no one knows. And has then asserted his own piece of completely unfounded speculation as if it were fact.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Too much speculation... on 17:56 - Feb 9 with 4752 viewsWeWereZombies

Too much speculation... on 11:53 - Feb 9 by Herbivore

And they tell the whole story?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Too much speculation... on 19:08 - Feb 9 with 4727 viewsOxford_Blue

Sorry to be short but are you stupid?

The club’s accounts are filed at companies house. He can’t take money out of the club Becuase they make a loss.

The reason he is still owner is Becuase no one else will buy the club.
Too much speculation... on 19:09 - Feb 9 with 4724 viewsOxford_Blue

Too much speculation... on 17:56 - Feb 9 by WeWereZombies

What do you mean by “whole story”?

The accounts show that the club makes a loss, and has wave budget in excess of its income, and that Evans has lent the club something like £60-70m in which he has charged interest.
Too much speculation... on 19:10 - Feb 9 with 4720 viewsWD19

Yeah, pretty much.

They are not definitive on whether ME is a vegan, or not, but they tell us pretty much everything else we need to know.
Login to get fewer ads

Too much speculation... on 19:12 - Feb 9 with 4708 viewsHerbivore

Of our income and outgoings, yes.

Too much speculation... on 19:19 - Feb 9 with 4689 viewsBluefish

Too much speculation... on 19:12 - Feb 9 by Herbivore

Of our income and outgoings, yes.

They let these people vote ffs

Too much speculation... on 20:12 - Feb 9 with 4655 viewsSwansea_Blue

Too much speculation... on 11:53 - Feb 9 by Herbivore

Innit. I wonder how some people manage to put their underpants on properly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Too much speculation... on 02:31 - Feb 10 with 4524 viewsWeWereZombies

Too much speculation... on 19:09 - Feb 9 by Oxford_Blue

What do you mean by “whole story”?

The accounts show that the club makes a loss, and has wave budget in excess of its income, and that Evans has lent the club something like £60-70m in which he has charged interest.

I am a retired accountant, I saw a few things going on during my time.

To avoid telling specific instances I can just refer you to the old adage about Hong Kong where every businessman keeps three sets of accounts covering the same period - the published loss making one for the taxman, the single unsigned hand written one showing a modest profit that he gives to his wife, and the real one which he keeps in his head.

Too much speculation... on 02:35 - Feb 10 with 4521 viewsjeera

Too much speculation... on 20:12 - Feb 9 by Swansea_Blue

Innit. I wonder how some people manage to put their underpants on properly.

What you mean, properly?

You mean there's a right way?

Oh. That might explain a few things.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Too much speculation... on 07:22 - Feb 10 with 4410 viewsHerbivore

Too much speculation... on 02:31 - Feb 10 by WeWereZombies

To avoid telling specific instances I can just refer you to the old adage about Hong Kong where every businessman keeps three sets of accounts covering the same period - the published loss making one for the taxman, the single unsigned hand written one showing a modest profit that he gives to his wife, and the real one which he keeps in his head.

So you think we might be producing cooked books?

Too much speculation... on 07:32 - Feb 10 with 4394 viewsOxford_Blue

I’d be a bit careful about suggesting the club and Evans is committing fraud and that the accountants are involved too who sign off the accounts.

Whatever your anecdotal experiences in practice, and it says something about you if you were complicit in such behaviour, what evidence is there that the club has done this? If you don’t have any evidence, then I suggest you remove your post or retract it.
Too much speculation... on 08:13 - Feb 10 with 4346 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Too much speculation... on 07:22 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

Retired accountant for a reason I expect.

These threads are getting ridiculous - Evans has put in tens of millions and continues to lose many millions each year. Of all the things to have a go at him for, it’s not that is it.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 8:14]
Too much speculation... on 08:30 - Feb 10 with 4307 viewsBluefish

Too much speculation... on 07:32 - Feb 10 by Oxford_Blue

I’d be a bit careful about suggesting the club and Evans is committing fraud and that the accountants are involved too who sign off the accounts.

Whatever your anecdotal experiences in practice, and it says something about you if you were complicit in such behaviour, what evidence is there that the club has done this? If you don’t have any evidence, then I suggest you remove your post or retract it.

Don't worry it is fine HMRC are in on it as well. ME has paid them off to ignore him fleecing a football club

Too much speculation... on 09:26 - Feb 10 with 4266 viewsWeWereZombies

Too much speculation... on 07:22 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

I think Marcus Evans might be economical with the truth at times, which is different (but effective for quietening those who are particularly naive).

[edit] gullible change to naive because I used gullible in another reply.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 9:40]

Too much speculation... on 09:37 - Feb 10 with 4234 viewsWeWereZombies

Too much speculation... on 07:32 - Feb 10 by Oxford_Blue

Actually I think it is you who should be careful about jumping to conclusions and smearing other TWTD posters. I never said that Marcus Evans was committing fraud, I do expect that his group are doing much what every other group with international operations does. A labyrinthine structure and the use of inter-company transactions to take advantage of differing taxation jurisdictions is common.

You do not know who I worked for or what I did. To insinuate that I was complicit in practices when I was watching over organisations to mitigate the effects is, shall we prevent any escalation and just leave it as, gullible.

The post remains and there is no reason to retract it.

Too much speculation... on 09:39 - Feb 10 with 4229 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I don't think there is any benefit as club accounts are public.

I think he lacks any interest in the club, hence no real investment.

For all his debts at Ipswich, he's a wealthier man than when he bought the bloody club.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Too much speculation... on 09:40 - Feb 10 with 4223 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Too much speculation... on 08:13 - Feb 10 by PrideOfTheEast

Retired accountant for a reason I expect.

These threads are getting ridiculous - Evans has put in tens of millions and continues to lose many millions each year. Of all the things to have a go at him for, it’s not that is it.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 8:14]

He doesn't invest in the club though, just ticks it along, so I see why some begrudge him for that, there is no doubt we have slid way down under his ownership. Probably due to lack of funds meaning you get what you pay for.

But I just don't think he really cares.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 9:41]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Too much speculation... on 09:47 - Feb 10 with 4204 viewsdirtyboy

If you think Marcus Evans keeps three sets of books for a multi-million pound global business that's not exactly cash based, then it's probably best you are retired.

Unless you're going to come up with an analogy more tangible to the situation being talked about?

ETA as I jumped on that post before reading on (more in horror than anything).

I've commented on here a lot in the past trying to educate people on loss making entities and BVI set ups etc but there is absolutely nothing anywhere I can see that would make owning ITFC beneficial to ME other than Premiership or perhaps now, more likely, academy production line and sales.

It's still madness that people see ME as anything other than putting money in to keep the club from disappearing and not supposed material gain.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 9:52]
Too much speculation... on 10:10 - Feb 10 with 4166 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Too much speculation... on 09:40 - Feb 10 by TheTrueBlue1878

He doesn't invest in the club though, just ticks it along, so I see why some begrudge him for that, there is no doubt we have slid way down under his ownership. Probably due to lack of funds meaning you get what you pay for.

But I just don't think he really cares.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 9:41]

He loses millions of pounds every year because it costs more than you get in to run this football club. How many times?
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 10:20]
Too much speculation... on 10:22 - Feb 10 with 4140 viewsOxford_Blue

Too much speculation... on 09:37 - Feb 10 by WeWereZombies

Actually I think it is you who should be careful about jumping to conclusions and smearing other TWTD posters. I never said that Marcus Evans was committing fraud, I do expect that his group are doing much what every other group with international operations does. A labyrinthine structure and the use of inter-company transactions to take advantage of differing taxation jurisdictions is common.

You do not know who I worked for or what I did. To insinuate that I was complicit in practices when I was watching over organisations to mitigate the effects is, shall we prevent any escalation and just leave it as, gullible.

The post remains and there is no reason to retract it.

Your post was in response to a claim that the Club’s accounts might not be telling the whole picture. You said that, in direct relation to this issue, every business keeps different sets of accounts - which is fraudulent. You made no attempt to say that you didn’t think Evans does this and any reasonable reader would infer that you mean to say he is following this practice. If you are going to be lazy and sloppy with your language, and allow it to be inferred that Evans is or may be doing the same thing, then you are the one who needs to re think about what you are saying.

As for your position, I have no idea what you did and don’t care. You said you were an accountant that it was common from your personal knowledge and experience for businesses to commit fraud.
Too much speculation... on 10:23 - Feb 10 with 4129 viewsStokieBlue

Early contender for worst post of the week.

Factually incorrect and internally inconsistent.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024