Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The worst is yet to come.. 13:56 - Feb 9 with 1716 viewsskyblue23

Failing to reach promotion which is looking more and more likely will result in having a weaker squad next season. Downes and Woolf won’t be here next season if we don’t get out of this league and the chances of signing Garbutt on a permanent are going to be nonexistent once the championship teams start offering.

These are possibly 3 of our most consistent and better players throughout this season. We won’t reinvest to get enough quality in as we’ve learnt from Evans time here.

I fear the worst is yet to come.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

The worst is yet to come.. on 14:54 - Feb 9 with 1605 viewsBlueBadger

Yes, but The Football Is Better Now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The worst is yet to come.. on 14:59 - Feb 9 with 1581 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A dramatic over-reaction.

We are far from certainly down next season as yet. We have few of the top sides left to play and to maximise our return from a lot of very ordinary sides, starting with two matches this week.

When we got relegated the vast majority knew there was no magic ticket to automatically get promoted back. Maybe some got carried away by our very good start. The bigger issue for me is, if we do get back up, we currently don't look anything like good enough to stay up. That said, last season I would say we didn't look anything like good enough to get promoted from this league. We have shown improvement in that respect.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The worst is yet to come.. on 16:02 - Feb 9 with 1481 viewsstonojnr

The worst is yet to come.. on 14:59 - Feb 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

We are far from certainly down next season as yet. We have few of the top sides left to play and to maximise our return from a lot of very ordinary sides, starting with two matches this week.

When we got relegated the vast majority knew there was no magic ticket to automatically get promoted back. Maybe some got carried away by our very good start. The bigger issue for me is, if we do get back up, we currently don't look anything like good enough to stay up. That said, last season I would say we didn't look anything like good enough to get promoted from this league. We have shown improvement in that respect.

but we are beginning to have to rely on this season being the exception to the average in League One terms, now its difficult to say how the loss of one team affects the whole division, but I think its safe to predict Town cant win the division from here on in now, and unless we go on an amazing win run, which recent form suggests isnt that likely, probably cant now finish 2nd either.

that leaves us with the playoffs, still achievable, but with a team who struggle to beat teams in the top 6 & who most people think are caving in under pressure in games, and cant hit a cows rear with a banjo to score goals.

so unless something miraculous happens in the next 15 games,thats looking like League One on the menu for next season.
The worst is yet to come.. on 16:08 - Feb 9 with 1450 viewsPecker

We will go up this season, do not fear.
The worst is yet to come.. on 16:39 - Feb 9 with 1389 viewsBackToRussia

The worst is yet to come.. on 16:08 - Feb 9 by Pecker

We will go up this season, do not fear.

Pecker, are you still on those meds for your back?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

The worst is yet to come.. on 16:44 - Feb 9 with 1355 viewsbournemouthblue

The worst is yet to come.. on 14:59 - Feb 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Whilst the current situation is disappointing

It's would be unfair to say we haven't made some progress

Lambert has arrested the slide, okay maybe not at the pace some would like but we aren't in a total meltdown. Losing Downes and Wolfy will be gutting but provided we get decent cash and reinvest properly (rarely does this ever happen under Evans) it shouldn't be a total disaster.

Recent games have shown we are a little bit behind some of our rivals at this point in time which is disappointing but probably not overly surprising given that several of the top six have been together for some time, moving in the right direction and developing together?

Where we go next season is the bigger problem, particularly if Evans continues with the transfer policy which has taken us to where we are now. We missed a trick in January and it isn't the first time we have done that.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The worst is yet to come.. on 17:22 - Feb 9 with 1235 viewsBlueBadger

The worst is yet to come.. on 16:39 - Feb 9 by BackToRussia

Pecker, are you still on those meds for your back?

In all fairness, we're competent enough flat-track bullies that that could still happen. Next season would be an utter clusterf*ck though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The worst is yet to come.. on 18:12 - Feb 9 with 1102 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The worst is yet to come.. on 17:22 - Feb 9 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, we're competent enough flat-track bullies that that could still happen. Next season would be an utter clusterf*ck though.

Perhaps going up cashing in properly on Dozzell, Downes and Dobra and then investing well is what is needed.

Let's worry about getting up first and stop going into full meltdown with every setback.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024