Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to start 'Evans out' protests? 08:56 - Feb 10 with 3148 viewsEvansOut

Hopefully people are starting to see a common trend in the club over the last 15 years, no ambition, no bottle and no money. Easy to blame the managers over the years aka McCarthy, Lambert, but people must realise that it stems from the top and the lack of funds put into the club has put us in this position. January for me topped it all off, sitting in a good position in the league to push for promotion, and when you are in that position you need to invest, even in loanees.

Poll: Evans in or out?

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 08:58 - Feb 10 with 2827 viewsSomethingBlue

No, cut that out. While we are still in with a chance (whatever anyone thinks) of promotion this season everyone has to stay together. It's a cliche, yes, but it holds true now more than at any point in the club's history. And if we haven't learned about the ills of creating a toxic atmosphere by now, I despair ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:01 - Feb 10 with 2806 viewsBrixtonBlue

You're right, but as Something says, now is not the time.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:03 - Feb 10 with 2799 viewsEvansOut

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 08:58 - Feb 10 by SomethingBlue

No, cut that out. While we are still in with a chance (whatever anyone thinks) of promotion this season everyone has to stay together. It's a cliche, yes, but it holds true now more than at any point in the club's history. And if we haven't learned about the ills of creating a toxic atmosphere by now, I despair ...

0 points in the last 3, haven't beaten a 'top six' side this season, but yeah we still stand a chance...
Even IF we did go up this year, do you really think the current squad is good enough to stay up? No, and do you think that Evans would invest in the summer to strengthen to stay up? No...

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:04 - Feb 10 with 2789 viewsSomethingBlue

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:03 - Feb 10 by EvansOut

0 points in the last 3, haven't beaten a 'top six' side this season, but yeah we still stand a chance...
Even IF we did go up this year, do you really think the current squad is good enough to stay up? No, and do you think that Evans would invest in the summer to strengthen to stay up? No...

We don't necessarily disagree on much of this but I'll say it again, and as Brixton did — now is not the time. If we are out of the running completely by the time we play MK Dons at home then sure, I get it.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 9:08]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:04 - Feb 10 with 2780 viewsEvansOut

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:01 - Feb 10 by BrixtonBlue

You're right, but as Something says, now is not the time.

When is a good time? Never a 'good time' in football to protest, but only doing it for the love of the club...

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:09 - Feb 10 with 2759 viewsEvansOut

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:04 - Feb 10 by SomethingBlue

We don't necessarily disagree on much of this but I'll say it again, and as Brixton did — now is not the time. If we are out of the running completely by the time we play MK Dons at home then sure, I get it.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 9:08]

Look at the gran scheme of things, even before Evans took over, including when he took over, we were talking about Premier League. Now we are talking about beating MK Dons in League One. Hats off to you for the hope that you have, but just look at the bigger picture over the last 15 years!

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:09 - Feb 10 with 2745 viewsfooters

Go ahead. No one's stopping you.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:12 - Feb 10 with 2730 viewsSWGF

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:09 - Feb 10 by EvansOut

Look at the gran scheme of things, even before Evans took over, including when he took over, we were talking about Premier League. Now we are talking about beating MK Dons in League One. Hats off to you for the hope that you have, but just look at the bigger picture over the last 15 years!

Are you reading Something's posts before replying?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:24 - Feb 10 with 2690 viewsBrixtonBlue

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:04 - Feb 10 by EvansOut

When is a good time? Never a 'good time' in football to protest, but only doing it for the love of the club...

A good time is when we have nothing left to play for. Evans isn't going to leave now anyway. More negativity on match days will only hamper us.

If we stay down we'll be losing our best players again. We must do everything we can to get the team up, which means singing our hearts out in support. Any protests can come later. Right now we need all hands on deck.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:26 - Feb 10 with 2679 viewschicoazul

You'd be much better off and happier if you approach supporting ITFC the exact same way its' Owner does.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:32 - Feb 10 with 2662 viewsEvansOut

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:24 - Feb 10 by BrixtonBlue

A good time is when we have nothing left to play for. Evans isn't going to leave now anyway. More negativity on match days will only hamper us.

If we stay down we'll be losing our best players again. We must do everything we can to get the team up, which means singing our hearts out in support. Any protests can come later. Right now we need all hands on deck.

Agreed, will always get behind the team come kick off. But, the most frustrating thing is when you see where the club is compared to where it should be. Everyone is very quick to blame Lambert and other previous managers, but in my opinion, the owner is the issue and hopefully everyone is starting to see that...

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:34 - Feb 10 with 2650 viewsEvansOut

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:26 - Feb 10 by chicoazul

You'd be much better off and happier if you approach supporting ITFC the exact same way its' Owner does.

Unlike Evans, I am a town fan and care about the club. If only I could 'be like Evans'...

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:39 - Feb 10 with 2636 viewschicoazul

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 09:34 - Feb 10 by EvansOut

Unlike Evans, I am a town fan and care about the club. If only I could 'be like Evans'...

But the club you supported no longer exists.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 10:40 - Feb 10 with 2563 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Evans' reign has been a disaster, not helped by football getting even more money driven during that time.

But to get him out, someone needs to buy the club. Someone better needs to buy the club.

I doubt there is a queue of bona fide, respectable buyers out there.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 10:43 - Feb 10 with 2543 viewsFixed_It

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 10:40 - Feb 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Evans' reign has been a disaster, not helped by football getting even more money driven during that time.

But to get him out, someone needs to buy the club. Someone better needs to buy the club.

Wee WoNt A RicH RusSian Olly GarTh Or an ARaB

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 10:44 - Feb 10 with 2538 viewsPecker

If you can find a buyer, then push him in ME direction. If not, pointless exercise I'm afraid.
Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 10:50 - Feb 10 with 2524 viewsEvansOut

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 10:40 - Feb 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

So just sit back and watch the club rot then?

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 10:53 - Feb 10 with 2518 viewsPecker

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 10:50 - Feb 10 by EvansOut

So just sit back and watch the club rot then?

No, but protesting over something that can't happen is a bit pointless. if you feel strongly about it however, you go for it.
Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 11:10 - Feb 10 with 2487 viewsElephantintheRoom

Perhaps you need to come to terms with reality? Not every club can win every game and every trophy. And a small town club with no direction or leadership will inevitably struggle in a league which rewards success on the field.

Someone else has pointed it out already. What Ipwsich are under Evans is the polar opposite of what the club once was - and that was in a different era to boot. Town are now an allegedly rich man's plaything.... a rather unpleasant allegedly rich mad at that

This season is vaguely promising... a few Ipswich players playing for Ipswich.....a good signing (injured, admittedly) contracts on injured duds running down, more young Ipswich players in the pipeline. There's even a commitment to a manager who most supporters seemed to have a love--in with all of six months ago.

Perhaps it's time you thought like the owner and thought long-term.... give Lambo the benefit of the doubt for a few years. After all it IS Evans' club, not yours. If you dont like what he's doing with it...don't go.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 11:26 - Feb 10 with 2453 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

YAY lets all start with the 'Evans Out' protests, then he can pull the plug with no buyer and ITFC goes bust....great idea and well thought out.
Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 11:32 - Feb 10 with 2437 viewsEvansOut

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 11:10 - Feb 10 by ElephantintheRoom

Perhaps you need to come to terms with reality? Not every club can win every game and every trophy. And a small town club with no direction or leadership will inevitably struggle in a league which rewards success on the field.

Someone else has pointed it out already. What Ipwsich are under Evans is the polar opposite of what the club once was - and that was in a different era to boot. Town are now an allegedly rich man's plaything.... a rather unpleasant allegedly rich mad at that

This season is vaguely promising... a few Ipswich players playing for Ipswich.....a good signing (injured, admittedly) contracts on injured duds running down, more young Ipswich players in the pipeline. There's even a commitment to a manager who most supporters seemed to have a love--in with all of six months ago.

Perhaps it's time you thought like the owner and thought long-term.... give Lambo the benefit of the doubt for a few years. After all it IS Evans' club, not yours. If you dont like what he's doing with it...don't go.

Agreed there is some promising things happening with the players through the academy etc. BUT, you are saying 'give it time', however Evans has been here for over 10 years and we've gone backwards? Football has become a spending sport, look at the amounts being splashed on players not even in the prem, but in championship and league one. We will never compete with that and will never spend, therefore what hope do we have of going up?
No offence - but in my opinion, anyone who still believes that the club is heading in the right direction, and says 'give it time', and that Evans is doing a good job is delusional. Its been over a decade and things have got worse and worse. If this was any other club, we would be saying 'isnt it sad that the club is going backwards' or 'I feel sorry for the fans', so why is it so wrong to say something as a fan of the club?

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 11:33 - Feb 10 with 2427 viewsfooters

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 11:32 - Feb 10 by EvansOut

Agreed there is some promising things happening with the players through the academy etc. BUT, you are saying 'give it time', however Evans has been here for over 10 years and we've gone backwards? Football has become a spending sport, look at the amounts being splashed on players not even in the prem, but in championship and league one. We will never compete with that and will never spend, therefore what hope do we have of going up?
No offence - but in my opinion, anyone who still believes that the club is heading in the right direction, and says 'give it time', and that Evans is doing a good job is delusional. Its been over a decade and things have got worse and worse. If this was any other club, we would be saying 'isnt it sad that the club is going backwards' or 'I feel sorry for the fans', so why is it so wrong to say something as a fan of the club?

So what are you planning to do about it?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 11:35 - Feb 10 with 2422 viewsPJH

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 11:33 - Feb 10 by footers

So what are you planning to do about it?

An email to Marcus to demand his immediate resignation would seem to be the best idea.
Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 11:37 - Feb 10 with 2415 viewsNotSure

Marcus Evans at any time can call time on the debt this club owes him and liquidate the club. Now that makes no financial sense and I doubt very much that he will do this.

I think that he wants to sell the club but due to our geography and the fact the club doesn't own the ground it's quite a hard sell.
Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 12:11 - Feb 10 with 2385 viewsMoulton

Time to start 'Evans out' protests? on 11:37 - Feb 10 by NotSure

Marcus Evans at any time can call time on the debt this club owes him and liquidate the club. Now that makes no financial sense and I doubt very much that he will do this.

I think that he wants to sell the club but due to our geography and the fact the club doesn't own the ground it's quite a hard sell.

I believe that ITFC brand name fits comfortably in the ME Group. A club with a record of producing England managers, international players and impressive history. Yes, a while ago, but the name has a much better sound and benefit to him than say Millwall, Oldham or even Bournemouth.
This suits ME the businessman and basically he doesn't care what league ITFC play in."I own ITFC and will do so as long as it benefits me.
Much has been written about the tax benefits etc. but the fact is whatever money he puts into ITFC it does not impinge apon his personal wealth.
The self centred man will own ITFC for as long as his ego allows, no matter how much we protest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024