Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. 10:51 - Feb 10 with 5069 viewsbobbyramsey

........expected PL to walk if he failed to get promotoin?

Speculation, or does he know something?

I expect he knows Lambert, similar era, Scottish..........

....or had he had a couple?
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 10:53]
Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 10:57 - Feb 10 with 4791 viewsOsborneOneNil

I'd say that would be quite likely. Massive failure if we don't go up, especially where we were end of October.
Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 10:58 - Feb 10 with 4775 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

I imagine he will walk if we do not make the Play Offs.

Play Offs would, at least in Evan's mind, buy him another season.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 10:59 - Feb 10 with 4768 viewschicoazul

I feel this will all depend on the crowd reaction in the last few games. Lambert loves to give off a front of "am I bothered" when it comes to fan reactions just like Mick did but of course he is bothered, he is a very sensitive soul under the armour plate, again just like Mick was.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 10:59 - Feb 10 with 4761 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

He did say that, I was driving home from my SIL game with Radio Suffolk on when he said it

I don’t think he knows anything - it seemed to based around some fanciful notion that Lambert would accept he had failed and do the honourable thing. Which largely ignores that he would be finished as a manager if he fails here

Incidentally they had a caller on around the same time that actually spoke complete sense, which was possibly a first

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 10:59 - Feb 10 with 4756 viewshomer_123

Lambert has history in this area.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 11:01 - Feb 10 with 4751 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I think it would have been more of a logical guesstimate.

Wouldn't be groundbreaking if he walked if we didn't go up.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 11:03 - Feb 10 with 4727 viewsJ2BLUE

Doubt it. Five year deal. If Evans chooses not to use a 'break clause' (assuming not going up is one) why would Lambert walk?

"It will suit us not being favourites", "this place could be something special, dear oh dear", "always a long term project, owner never expected instant return" etc etc

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 11:20 - Feb 10 with 4642 viewsGarv

If we finish 4th, for example, and lose a closely contested play off semi/final, I don't see why Lambert would walk, unless the atmosphere does become toxic and he realises he'll never be accepted as anything more than 'PRP'.

All depends on how we do it. A positive end to the season involving goals and wins, ending in a narrow play off loss, won't necessarily be a failure, it can't. Ridiculous to think we should go up when the like of Peterborough have been knocking on the door of the top two for a while now and Rotherham are a yoyo team.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 11:24 - Feb 10 with 4612 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

When Lambert eventually goes... whenever it is.

He won’t be sacked he will walk. That’s what he does he has a history for it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 11:26 - Feb 10 with 4601 viewsBlueBadger

I can't see him walking, he knows that if he carries on failing here he'll never get another job in football management.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 11:28 - Feb 10 with 4588 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 11:26 - Feb 10 by BlueBadger

I can't see him walking, he knows that if he carries on failing here he'll never get another job in football management.

Worse if he gets sacked surely ??

Not like he will tbh Evans won’t do that.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 11:29 - Feb 10 with 4573 viewshomer_123

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 11:20 - Feb 10 by Garv

If we finish 4th, for example, and lose a closely contested play off semi/final, I don't see why Lambert would walk, unless the atmosphere does become toxic and he realises he'll never be accepted as anything more than 'PRP'.

All depends on how we do it. A positive end to the season involving goals and wins, ending in a narrow play off loss, won't necessarily be a failure, it can't. Ridiculous to think we should go up when the like of Peterborough have been knocking on the door of the top two for a while now and Rotherham are a yoyo team.

Non-promotion this season would be a huge failure.

Arguably one of the highest playing budgets, large squad of players that 'should' be able to perform at this level.

All presided over by a manager that has seen us through relegation and non-promotion - where the football has been only marginally better and more effective than under Hurst and whilst easier on the eye then under the later part of Micks tenure - nowhere near as effective as Mick.

Non-promotion absolutely means we lose Wolfy, Downes, Dozzell and others, whereas promotion means we might hang on to them for a little longer.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 11:30 - Feb 10 with 4561 viewshampstead_blue

If you look at the recent media from the club and players, they expect us to be in the top 2 and/or play-offs at least.

I'd say there are clauses to get rid of him and ME would have to activate it. However PL would have also accepted them.

If he can't get this group of players rocking then regardless of how good he WAS, he isn't anymore.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 11:38 - Feb 10 with 4515 viewsPJH

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 11:30 - Feb 10 by hampstead_blue

If you look at the recent media from the club and players, they expect us to be in the top 2 and/or play-offs at least.

I'd say there are clauses to get rid of him and ME would have to activate it. However PL would have also accepted them.

If he can't get this group of players rocking then regardless of how good he WAS, he isn't anymore.

Yep, last season he failed to keep us up-assuming he tried.
If we are still a third division team at the end of May he will have failed again.
Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 12:08 - Feb 10 with 4339 viewsmadmouse1959

Don,t think Lambert would resign and if Evans did sack him what does that make Evans look like after the offer of a 5 year contract ? Probably a clause in this contract that allows a parting of ways.

shampoo dave

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 12:14 - Feb 10 with 4283 viewshampstead_blue

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 12:08 - Feb 10 by madmouse1959

Don,t think Lambert would resign and if Evans did sack him what does that make Evans look like after the offer of a 5 year contract ? Probably a clause in this contract that allows a parting of ways.

I disagree.

Think about the contract.
ME won't give him 5 years success/fail. It will have plenty of clauses to ease PL out if he fails to meet agreed targets.

I've set out my thoughts as the end of season on this thread, but ME I hope would have covered it off.

No promotion? No PL is my guess.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 12:17 - Feb 10 with 4263 viewsArnieM

If Lambert walks out of a job again, I doubt he’d get another one anytime soon,

Such a massive disappointment tbh . He’s had the squad to eg5 us promoted , but has well and truly f lucked it up with his ridiculious crap, and rank poor tactics during ga:es.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 13:56 - Feb 10 with 3997 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 14:31 - Feb 10 with 3878 viewslazyblue

lets be honest Mathie really does not have a clue what goes in behind the scenes at Ipswich.
Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 15:20 - Feb 10 with 3794 viewsBlueBadger

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 14:31 - Feb 10 by lazyblue

lets be honest Mathie really does not have a clue what goes in behind the scenes at Ipswich.

Every word of that post from 'what' onwards is superfluous.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 15:26 - Feb 10 with 3765 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 11:30 - Feb 10 by hampstead_blue

He will gone by the end of May if we don't finish in the top 6.
Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 15:28 - Feb 10 with 3748 viewsBackToRussia

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 15:26 - Feb 10 by PrideOfTheEast

He will gone by the end of May if we don't finish in the top 6.

That's a relief.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 22:06 - Feb 10 with 3445 viewsArnieM

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 15:28 - Feb 10 by BackToRussia

That's a relief.

But too late !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 22:12 - Feb 10 with 3414 viewsjeera

I do.

I think he'd leave in a strop blaming all and sundry, dishing the dirt or whatever it takes in an attempt to cover his tracks.

Let's hope we don't find out, but if we do, my bet's on that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Alex Mathie; did I hear him say after the game on Saturday that he.............. on 23:10 - Feb 10 with 3328 viewspatrickswell

Lambert may well have told Evans what we suspect. The squad is not good enough and if we can’t spend money, it will need to be reshaped over several seasons - probably to phase out Chambers and Skuse, get Hurst’s failures out of the club and make decisions over perma-crocks like Bishop and Huws. While that is going on, he will look to bring the best of the Academy through and supplement it with the odd summertime marquee signing like Norwood and a batch of less attention grabbing solid signings like Holy and Wilson. However, this will all take time and ideally he needs to get this caught between two stools campaign out of the way - the hope presumably being that if we fail to go back up at the first attempt, we all somehow meekly lapse back into apathy and accept that “This is where we are now” so that Lambert can work on things in relatively unhurried fashion and without pressure - progress shown in small increments till we’re strong enough to sustain the belief for a promotion challenge.

If it works, it will be great. But the subterfuge, BS and botched last 18 months that we’re having to go through in order to potentially get this started sickens me. And if he has a Keane/Jewell/Hurst type start, then God help us...
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 23:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024