Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have been checking all day and refreshing 13:45 - Feb 10 with 4865 viewsBluefish

But it seems he is still our manager. I do hope we don't let it drag on like we did with keane, every extra week makes the recovery harder.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 13:50 - Feb 10 with 4038 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 13:51 - Feb 10 with 4034 viewstextbackup

Who comes in until the end of the season if he goes?

I’m not saying you’re wrong btw, just wondering who you’d want.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 13:59 - Feb 10 with 3978 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 13:51 - Feb 10 by textbackup

Warnock. A play-off type manager who might give us a bump.
I have been checking all day and refreshing on 14:00 - Feb 10 with 3970 viewsBluefish

I honestly don't see how anyone could be worse, he adds nothing at all to this team. We limped down last year under him with no fight and we are limping away this season with no fight.

Honestly i have him below keane in competency and my views on him are well known.

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 14:09 - Feb 10 with 3925 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 14:15 - Feb 10 with 3884 viewsSomethingBlue

He won't go now but if he did I'd agree with the Warnock shout below.

My best guess though is that this time next season are being managed by John McGreal.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 14:38 - Feb 10 with 3840 viewsVaughan8

Think you need to accept he is here for the long haul.

Surely there must have been some sort of clause in his contract for this and that but he is definitely staying this season.
I have been checking all day and refreshing on 14:42 - Feb 10 with 3816 viewsBluefish

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 14:38 - Feb 10 by Vaughan8

Think you need to accept he is here for the long haul.

Surely there must have been some sort of clause in his contract for this and that but he is definitely staying this season.

There has to be a possibility that the clause could be a break if we fall outside the top 6 in league 1

Login to get fewer ads

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:00 - Feb 10 with 3746 viewsMrTown

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 14:00 - Feb 10 by Bluefish

I honestly don't see how anyone could be worse, he adds nothing at all to this team. We limped down last year under him with no fight and we are limping away this season with no fight.

Honestly i have him below keane in competency and my views on him are well known.

I think he will be here at least until the end of season, by which if we somehow get promoted he'll make it to Christmas in the Championship.

If we don't get promoted, he will leave in the summer.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:03 - Feb 10 with 3727 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 14:15 - Feb 10 by SomethingBlue

He won't go now but if he did I'd agree with the Warnock shout below.

My best guess though is that this time next season are being managed by John McGreal.

Barring an absolutely disastrous run to the end of the season, we’ll be managed by Lambert next year. Break clause or not it’s hard to believe he’ll suddenly be dismissed 6 months after being given a 4 year extension

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:05 - Feb 10 with 3714 viewsMaySixth

Mongo Jerry

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:05 - Feb 10 with 3712 viewsitfcjoe

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:03 - Feb 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Barring an absolutely disastrous run to the end of the season, we’ll be managed by Lambert next year. Break clause or not it’s hard to believe he’ll suddenly be dismissed 6 months after being given a 4 year extension

I think outside the top 6 then he'll go

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:07 - Feb 10 with 3702 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:05 - Feb 10 by itfcjoe

I think outside the top 6 then he'll go

Hopefully we won’t find out, but I’m not so sure. Losing half our remaining games and dropping to mid-table then yes, but on the fringes and just missing out I don’t see it*

*presumably in the latter we will never have actually been challenging for the playoffs

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:10 - Feb 10 with 3675 viewsr2d2

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 13:59 - Feb 10 by PrideOfTheEast

Warnock. A play-off type manager who might give us a bump.

Colin for me too. He would love the challenge. He loves Ipswich Town.
I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:11 - Feb 10 with 3658 viewstextbackup

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 14:00 - Feb 10 by Bluefish

I too agree nobody could be worse.

I was so blinded by this never say die thing norwich had about them that I was convinced we’d become that under him. We’ve been pathetic

If he were to go I could see chambers doing it until end of season

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:33 - Feb 10 with 3603 viewsBent_double

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:03 - Feb 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The more I think about the 5 year contract ME gave PL, the more I think ME knew exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it.

I think ME is happy for us to become a financially well-run (ie break-even or perhaps making a slight profit) L1 club, without the need for him (or anyone else) to top-up the coffers every year.

We know that IF we get promoted, there will be calls for us to sign 4,5, 6 players, all on decent Championship wages, not to mention transfer fees. The TV money (£7m+, isn't it?) would disappear in an instant, and no doubt existing players will be looking to go back to the wages they were on last season too.

Also, selling the club would be easier when the potential owner wouldn't need to add funds just to keep in running year-on-year.

Then there's the on-going issues with financially non-compliant clubs in the Championship, perhaps ME is happier being in L1, or god-forbid, L2, where rules are much stricter and are generally adhered to, mainly because owners aren't stupid enough to just throw money at the problem to try and get promotion.

Seems mad, right? But kinda makes sense at the same time...

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:45 - Feb 10 with 3554 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:33 - Feb 10 by Bent_double

The more I think about the 5 year contract ME gave PL, the more I think ME knew exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it.

I think ME is happy for us to become a financially well-run (ie break-even or perhaps making a slight profit) L1 club, without the need for him (or anyone else) to top-up the coffers every year.

We know that IF we get promoted, there will be calls for us to sign 4,5, 6 players, all on decent Championship wages, not to mention transfer fees. The TV money (£7m+, isn't it?) would disappear in an instant, and no doubt existing players will be looking to go back to the wages they were on last season too.

Also, selling the club would be easier when the potential owner wouldn't need to add funds just to keep in running year-on-year.

Then there's the on-going issues with financially non-compliant clubs in the Championship, perhaps ME is happier being in L1, or god-forbid, L2, where rules are much stricter and are generally adhered to, mainly because owners aren't stupid enough to just throw money at the problem to try and get promotion.

Don’t see it, the value of the club is considerably higher in the Championship, and ultimately Evans will still be chasing that pipedream of us somehow reaching the promised land

I just think he’s largely useless when it comes to football decisions

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:51 - Feb 10 with 3530 viewstextbackup

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 15:33 - Feb 10 by Bent_double

Nothing ME does seems to make sense so you could be right...

From giving millions to Keane, to not giving MM anything, to letting Hurst be Hurst, to spending thousands on Quaners loan when already pretty much down, to this 5 year contract.

He’s like the absent father that puts a roof over your head thinking that’s enough

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 16:06 - Feb 10 with 3486 viewsKieran_Knows

Get Nathan Jones in and actually try to genuinely build something here.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 16:15 - Feb 10 with 3460 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Your mate 'marcus' would never be that stupid to extend his deal would he? Lets say 5 years for example , eh?
I have been checking all day and refreshing on 16:17 - Feb 10 with 3450 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 16:06 - Feb 10 by Kieran_Knows

Get Nathan Jones in and actually try to genuinely build something here.

Jones would seem like a decent shout because if he does any good he won't necessarily be immediately snapped up given what happened at Stoke.

Whether Evans would want to risk that profile of person again is a different question (appreciate him and Hurst are not one and the same) but I'm pretty sure he's going to prefer a Warnock type.
I have been checking all day and refreshing on 16:20 - Feb 10 with 3425 viewsBluefish

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 16:15 - Feb 10 by Mach_foreignBlue

Your mate 'marcus' would never be that stupid to extend his deal would he? Lets say 5 years for example , eh?

Marcus will have clever break clauses

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 16:22 - Feb 10 with 3408 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 16:20 - Feb 10 by Bluefish

Marcus will have clever break clauses

Did he tell you that or is it another imagination from you?
I have been checking all day and refreshing on 16:30 - Feb 10 with 3336 viewsrickw

I think Lambert will still be here next season, the 5 year contract from Evans is a sign they're planning for the mid-long term.

Personally as we can't see what he's trying to do (the plan/style seems to either be missing or changes game to game)

Warnock would be a very much short term appointment, he'd get us promoted then leave us so we could then have another season like last season.

We need a coach who can actually get us to play with a clear identity and purpose which is what we're lacking, Nathan Jones's Stoke time worries me, I'd consider Karl Robinson, Richie Wellens and with Colchester's upturn in form and McGreal's history with the club he deserves a shout too.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

I have been checking all day and refreshing on 16:41 - Feb 10 with 3302 viewsDoctor_Earman

Sorry to tell you but under no circumstances will Evans pull the plug on Lambert this season. It would a public humiliation for him given the 5 year contract, and it would show to everybody just how clueless and inept he really is. Lambert won't be sacked not because his performance doesn't merit it, but because Evans doesn't want to lose face. Simple as.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024