Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disgusting that we're still doing this: 19:43 - Feb 10 with 17430 viewsgordon

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/10/windrush-deporting-people

It's ethnic cleansing.
Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 19:46 - Feb 10 with 4874 viewsclive_baker

It’s so messed up.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 19:48 - Feb 10 with 4842 viewsBlueBadger

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 19:46 - Feb 10 by clive_baker

It’s so messed up.

It's almost like our prime minister, his cabinet and party are racist, stupid and borderline sociopathic.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 19:50 - Feb 10 with 4846 viewstractordownsouth

It’s funny that the people applauding the deportation of dual nationals back to their home countries are the same ones who lost their sh1t at the prospect of Shamima Begum being deported back to the UK

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 19:51 - Feb 10 with 4823 viewsBackToRussia

Yes but just imagine how many Jeremy Corbyn would be deporting, the mad racist. Bullet dodged.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 19:52 - Feb 10 with 4825 viewsHARRY10

' I accept there may be some cases where the most severe violent criminals, who came to the UK as adults, should face the prospect of deportation.

However, to enforce this policy on those who have lived in the UK since they were children, as well as those who have committed one-off drugs offences, is wildly disproportionate and cruel.'

sums it up, succinctly
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 20:06]
Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:08 - Feb 10 with 4765 viewsHARRY10

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 19:51 - Feb 10 by BackToRussia

Yes but just imagine how many Jeremy Corbyn would be deporting, the mad racist. Bullet dodged.

how do you dodge a bullet ?

given the relative speeds involved
Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:15 - Feb 10 with 4752 viewsSomethingBlue

It is abhorrent and - I'm sorry - those behind it can rot in hell.

If you voted Conservative, this is what you wanted - no ifs, no buts. And it's only going to get worse.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:16 - Feb 10 with 4734 viewsjeera

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:15 - Feb 10 by SomethingBlue

If you voted Conservative, this is what you wanted - no ifs, no buts. And it's only going to get worse.

But mate, this is what they wanted.

You won't get any apologies.

These people just don't care.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:17 - Feb 10 with 4711 viewsBlueBadger

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 19:51 - Feb 10 by BackToRussia

Ironically enough, these people are basically being deported because Jeremy Corbyn was too incompetent and toxic to overcome even these awful, awful t0sspots.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:17 - Feb 10 with 4721 viewsMullet

It's a betrayal, and to be done by those thumping the imperial drum when it suits, a spectacular piece of hypocrisy.

The way in which they are dragging this country down to a medium sized, irrelevant washed up old power in the name of patriotism is baffling and sad.

The way in which Patel ran away was illustrative of everything they are.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:19 - Feb 10 with 4697 viewsDubtractor

Yep. Its shameful.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:22 - Feb 10 with 4678 viewsjaykay

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:08 - Feb 10 by HARRY10

how do you dodge a bullet ?

given the relative speeds involved

i think its called irony or Sarcasm the complete opposite being used by russia

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:24 - Feb 10 with 4666 viewsHARRY10

LATEST

'The courts have halted the deportation of many of Jamaican nationals scheduled to be on a controversial charter flight after it was ruled they were not granted adequate access to legal advice ahead of removal.'
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 20:24]
Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:25 - Feb 10 with 4643 viewsHARRY10

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:22 - Feb 10 by jaykay

i think its called irony or Sarcasm the complete opposite being used by russia

eh ?
Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:33 - Feb 10 with 4609 viewsjeera

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:24 - Feb 10 by HARRY10

LATEST

'The courts have halted the deportation of many of Jamaican nationals scheduled to be on a controversial charter flight after it was ruled they were not granted adequate access to legal advice ahead of removal.'
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 20:24]

Good. And good to see some of our courts still have some sense.

One or 2 comments under this piece remain as insightful as ever though:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/jamaica-deportation-flight-delay

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:33 - Feb 10 with 4615 viewschicoazul

Hmmm. Not sure I buy into the hand wringing on this lads, and I certainly don't think it should be conflated with Windrush as the Guardian seem to have done (but not Lammy), Windrush certainly was a scandal.
The law is that people who are not UK or EU nationals, when they are convicted and sentenced to IEO 12 months, are deported to their country of origin. This is not the same as Windrush which was a psychopathic act of betrayal by incompetent idiots.
But some of this of course comes back to a point I often bore you all about; "Tayjay told me he was the victim of county lines grooming and compelled to carry drugs". So yet another reason not to buy illegal drugs.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:35 - Feb 10 with 4592 viewsitfcjoe

Shameful

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:36 - Feb 10 with 4587 viewschicoazul

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:15 - Feb 10 by SomethingBlue

Doesnt this imply that you think everyone who voted Conservative should rot in hell? I dunno man.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:38 - Feb 10 with 4560 viewsjeera

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:33 - Feb 10 by chicoazul

Hmmm. Not sure I buy into the hand wringing on this lads, and I certainly don't think it should be conflated with Windrush as the Guardian seem to have done (but not Lammy), Windrush certainly was a scandal.
The law is that people who are not UK or EU nationals, when they are convicted and sentenced to IEO 12 months, are deported to their country of origin. This is not the same as Windrush which was a psychopathic act of betrayal by incompetent idiots.
But some of this of course comes back to a point I often bore you all about; "Tayjay told me he was the victim of county lines grooming and compelled to carry drugs". So yet another reason not to buy illegal drugs.

One or 2 of the cases mentioned there concern people who have lived here longer than their [so called] native country.

If society has let them down, it is British society.

If they are a British 'problem', then it and they must be resolved here.

It's not a progressive answer to 'deport' people under these circumstances.

Besides, the word deport suggests a home to deport to; some familiarity, which clearly doesn't apply here.

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:39 - Feb 10 with 4554 viewsSomethingBlue

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:36 - Feb 10 by chicoazul

Doesnt this imply that you think everyone who voted Conservative should rot in hell? I dunno man.

Ha, not entirely the connection I intended tbf!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:48 - Feb 10 with 4507 viewsm14_blue

Disgusting.

They interviewed someone on LBC earlier, came over with all his family when he was 5 and has lived here ever since. He’d only ever been to Jamaica twice for holidays and doesn’t know a single person there.

Convicted of a drugs offence when he was 17, never been in trouble with the law since. Now we want to send him ‘back’ to a country on the other side of the world.

I’m ashamed of my country.
Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:49 - Feb 10 with 4504 viewsHARRY10

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:33 - Feb 10 by chicoazul

So the law of the land is not to be tested through the court but to be bypassed so as not to be thought 'handwringing' ?

And given that I am certain you do not have a detailed list of those being deported and on what grounds do you not think you might be straying into brexit territory here - by claiming something to be true because you want it to be ?
Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 21:02 - Feb 10 with 4454 viewschicoazul

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:49 - Feb 10 by HARRY10

So the law of the land is not to be tested through the court but to be bypassed so as not to be thought 'handwringing' ?

And given that I am certain you do not have a detailed list of those being deported and on what grounds do you not think you might be straying into brexit territory here - by claiming something to be true because you want it to be ?

Well Harold to answer your latter point firstly. Everyone who is about to be deported is being done so under the law I described earlier. Now you may or may not agree with the law itself, that's fine, but you and I don't need a "list" as you put it.

To answer your first point latterly, of course it is perfectly reasonable to test law in courts, but my compliments on your straw man there which is a bold one even for you. Hand wringing in this case refers to the hand wringing of the yoghurt knitting Graun readers & contributors.

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 21:03 - Feb 10 with 4448 viewschicoazul

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 20:38 - Feb 10 by jeera

One or 2 of the cases mentioned there concern people who have lived here longer than their [so called] native country.

If society has let them down, it is British society.

If they are a British 'problem', then it and they must be resolved here.

It's not a progressive answer to 'deport' people under these circumstances.

Besides, the word deport suggests a home to deport to; some familiarity, which clearly doesn't apply here.

But don't these people also owe a debt to the society that has welcomed them to its' breast by not committing crimes here too.
I agree it isnt progressive.

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 21:07 - Feb 10 with 4433 viewsjeera

Disgusting that we're still doing this: on 21:03 - Feb 10 by chicoazul

But don't these people also owe a debt to the society that has welcomed them to its' breast by not committing crimes here too.
I agree it isnt progressive.

Someone who came here as a kid and has lived for, say, 17 years since, doesn't have to be grateful.

It's their home.

Be reminded these are people who have paid for their crimes with prison sentences.

To then want to ruin their lives on top of that is not much short of sadistic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024