Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One 23:24 - Feb 10 with 3196 viewspointofblue

Really split between two options; either keeping our shape or trying out a 4-3-3.

Holy
Woolfenden - Chambers - Wilson
Donacien - Downes - Huws - Earl
Bishop
Norwood - Jackson

OR

Holy
Doancien - Woolfenden - Chambers - Earl
Downes - Huws - Bishop
Sears - Norwood - Jackson

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 23:31 - Feb 10 with 2847 viewsSomethingBlue

Same shape as recent weeks required against a well-drilled side who know their jobs. You won't be seeing Bishop tomorrow as he's injured; I expect Huws comes back in but unsure whether that's for Skuse or Nolan. Perhaps Jackson and Norwood get a go together too.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 23:37 - Feb 10 with 2819 viewspointofblue

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 23:31 - Feb 10 by SomethingBlue

Same shape as recent weeks required against a well-drilled side who know their jobs. You won't be seeing Bishop tomorrow as he's injured; I expect Huws comes back in but unsure whether that's for Skuse or Nolan. Perhaps Jackson and Norwood get a go together too.

Injured again? Good grief. I need to keep a track of what's going on more.

I'd probably drop Skuse over Nolan for this one; we need more of an attacking angle tomorrow and Nolan should be the (slightly) better choice for that.

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 23:39 - Feb 10 with 2810 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Holy
Woolfenden - Chambers - Earl
Donacien - Downes - Huws - Kenlock
Judge
Jackson - Sears

I think we need a freshen up for this game personally.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 23:44 - Feb 10 with 2788 viewsIllinoisblue

We need some creativity; either Huws or Dozzell needs to start. Thinking back to the home game, it was a truly dreadful first half but topped of by a dramatic late winner which seemed to give everyone a lift. My word how we need something like that again.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 23:44 - Feb 10 with 2778 viewsIllinoisblue

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 23:37 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

Injured again? Good grief. I need to keep a track of what's going on more.

I'd probably drop Skuse over Nolan for this one; we need more of an attacking angle tomorrow and Nolan should be the (slightly) better choice for that.

It might help if Nolan ever played a forward pass.

62 - 78 - 81

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 23:57 - Feb 10 with 2761 viewspointofblue

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 23:44 - Feb 10 by Illinoisblue

It might help if Nolan ever played a forward pass.

True - not sure what other options we have unless we want to risk Dobra. Judge is certainly no better.

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 00:57 - Feb 11 with 2724 viewsIllinoisblue

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 23:57 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

True - not sure what other options we have unless we want to risk Dobra. Judge is certainly no better.

I would somehow find a place for Dozzell. It’s criminal how he’s been neglected in favor of charlatans like Judge.

62 - 78 - 81

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 01:34 - Feb 11 with 2704 viewseddiespearitt03

We miss KVY and Garbutt !!!!

........................................................Holy

Donacien.................Woolfy...................Wilson................Earl

KVY..........................Downes.......................Nolan.................Garbutt

..............................Morris (Edwards)...................Norwood.

Benchwarmers or Subs from:: Jackson/Chambers/Bishop ? /Rowe/Edwards/Huws/Judge/Skuse/Sears/Kenlock/Dozzell/Nydam/Dobra/Keane etc etc
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 1:40]
Login to get fewer ads

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 07:32 - Feb 11 with 2582 viewsGuthrum

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 23:44 - Feb 10 by Illinoisblue

We need some creativity; either Huws or Dozzell needs to start. Thinking back to the home game, it was a truly dreadful first half but topped of by a dramatic late winner which seemed to give everyone a lift. My word how we need something like that again.

Except ... we created a lot in the first half on Saturday with what seemed to be a defensive lineup.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 07:46 - Feb 11 with 2565 viewsChrisd

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 07:32 - Feb 11 by Guthrum

Except ... we created a lot in the first half on Saturday with what seemed to be a defensive lineup.

Typically us, where we've carved out opportunities, but didn't really make their keeper work. It wasn't really that defensive, it was the same formation we'd played over the last month with a change of personnel in the wide areas.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 07:50 - Feb 11 with 2552 viewsHerbivore

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 07:46 - Feb 11 by Chrisd

Typically us, where we've carved out opportunities, but didn't really make their keeper work. It wasn't really that defensive, it was the same formation we'd played over the last month with a change of personnel in the wide areas.

It was defensive. Skuse and Nolan for Huws and Judge is a defensive change and we played with full backs as opposed to wide players as wing backs. It's the sort of line up MM would have got crucified for playing if we rewind a couple of years.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 08:26 - Feb 11 with 2495 viewsChrisd

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 07:50 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

It was defensive. Skuse and Nolan for Huws and Judge is a defensive change and we played with full backs as opposed to wide players as wing backs. It's the sort of line up MM would have got crucified for playing if we rewind a couple of years.

The formation was still the same, but the personnel was different. Did they play as fullbacks in a back 5? During that first half they didn't, Kenlock and Donacien got forward. Skuse has played within that formation before and played because Huws wasn't ready for the full 90 minutes rather than it being a defensive change. Nolan as he keeps saying is a box to box midfielder, I'd have started him but in a 4-3-3 formation. So Judge is an attacking threat now? You normally hammer him at the first opportunity due to his lack of impact.

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 08:35 - Feb 11 with 2484 viewsHerbivore

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 08:26 - Feb 11 by Chrisd

The formation was still the same, but the personnel was different. Did they play as fullbacks in a back 5? During that first half they didn't, Kenlock and Donacien got forward. Skuse has played within that formation before and played because Huws wasn't ready for the full 90 minutes rather than it being a defensive change. Nolan as he keeps saying is a box to box midfielder, I'd have started him but in a 4-3-3 formation. So Judge is an attacking threat now? You normally hammer him at the first opportunity due to his lack of impact.

Judge is crap, but swapping a number 10 for a midfielder is clearly a defensive change. The outfield changes we made were each for a more defensively minded player. We had five defenders plus Skuse and Downes in midfield, that's a very defensive line up even though they succeeded in carving out some half chances in the first half.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 8:42]

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 08:41 - Feb 11 with 2473 viewsJackPITFC

Holy
Donacien Woolfenden Chambers Earl
Downes Huws Dozzell
Jackson Norwood Sears
Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 10:56 - Feb 11 with 2365 viewsChrisd

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 08:35 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

Judge is crap, but swapping a number 10 for a midfielder is clearly a defensive change. The outfield changes we made were each for a more defensively minded player. We had five defenders plus Skuse and Downes in midfield, that's a very defensive line up even though they succeeded in carving out some half chances in the first half.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 8:42]

It was who was fit and available, but PL still set them up in the same manner.

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 10:58 - Feb 11 with 2364 viewsHerbivore

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 10:56 - Feb 11 by Chrisd

It was who was fit and available, but PL still set them up in the same manner.

Righto.

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 10:58 - Feb 11 with 2366 viewsArnieM

……..................…Under-achiever...…………………….

Under-achiever, Under-achiever, Under-achiever, Under-achiever

……......….Under-achiever, Under-achiever...…………...

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 11:18 - Feb 11 with 2334 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 10:58 - Feb 11 by ArnieM

Corrected....

Under-achiever, Woolfenden, Under-achiever, Under-achiever

Under-achiever,Downes, Under-achiever, Under-achiever

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 11:21 - Feb 11 with 2307 viewsStokieBlue

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 01:34 - Feb 11 by eddiespearitt03

We miss KVY and Garbutt !!!!

........................................................Holy

Donacien.................Woolfy...................Wilson................Earl

KVY..........................Downes.......................Nolan.................Garbutt

..............................Morris (Edwards)...................Norwood.

Benchwarmers or Subs from:: Jackson/Chambers/Bishop ? /Rowe/Edwards/Huws/Judge/Skuse/Sears/Kenlock/Dozzell/Nydam/Dobra/Keane etc etc
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 1:40]

Utterly ridiculous to play Morris instead of Jackson.

Let's see your working because it's a very worrying decision.....

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 11:28 - Feb 11 with 2291 viewsclive_baker

Absolutely have to stick with the back 3 IMO. We aren't good enough defensively to revert to a flat 4. For me:

Holy: I like Norris, but he's made some clangers and you're only as good as your last game. Holy didn't do a lot wrong at Sunderland. Kicking was once again suspect IMO but he keeps his place.

Chambers. Woolfy. Wilson: Picks itself really. Like Wilson, reliable enough stopper but fear for him tonight on a blustery exposed pitch. Distribution is awful.

Kenlock & Donacien: Not got much choice.

Downes, Huws, Judge: Absolutely, categorically have to keep the ball on the floor tonight and try and play some football. I make these 3 the best equipped to do that.

Norwood & Jackson: No brainer.

Keane, Sears, Dozzell, Skuse, Earl among the subs.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 11:31 - Feb 11 with 2279 viewsHerbivore

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 11:21 - Feb 11 by StokieBlue

Utterly ridiculous to play Morris instead of Jackson.

Let's see your working because it's a very worrying decision.....

SB

He's also playing two injured wing backs as wingers and sees Edwards as first replacement for Morris. I think we can chalk this one up as a wind up.

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 11:34 - Feb 11 with 2269 viewsArnieM

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 11:18 - Feb 11 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Corrected....

Under-achiever, Woolfenden, Under-achiever, Under-achiever

Under-achiever,Downes, Under-achiever, Under-achiever

Lol, I’ll give you that one 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 11:41 - Feb 11 with 2250 viewsParky

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 23:39 - Feb 10 by TheTrueBlue1878

Holy
Woolfenden - Chambers - Earl
Donacien - Downes - Huws - Kenlock
Judge
Jackson - Sears

I think we need a freshen up for this game personally.

Swap Sears for Norwood and that is the exact same team that I would go with.
Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 12:17 - Feb 11 with 2186 viewsReuser_is_God

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 11:28 - Feb 11 by clive_baker

Absolutely have to stick with the back 3 IMO. We aren't good enough defensively to revert to a flat 4. For me:

Holy: I like Norris, but he's made some clangers and you're only as good as your last game. Holy didn't do a lot wrong at Sunderland. Kicking was once again suspect IMO but he keeps his place.

Chambers. Woolfy. Wilson: Picks itself really. Like Wilson, reliable enough stopper but fear for him tonight on a blustery exposed pitch. Distribution is awful.

Kenlock & Donacien: Not got much choice.

Downes, Huws, Judge: Absolutely, categorically have to keep the ball on the floor tonight and try and play some football. I make these 3 the best equipped to do that.

Norwood & Jackson: No brainer.

Keane, Sears, Dozzell, Skuse, Earl among the subs.

"Absolutely, categorically have to keep the ball on the floor tonight and try and play some football. I make these 3 the best equipped to do that."

Same thing was said about the Rotherham game but we went long ball from minute 1 & never changed.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 12:34 - Feb 11 with 2157 viewsIllinoisblue

Pick the Team - AFC Wimbledon (A) League One on 07:32 - Feb 11 by Guthrum

We played well first half but to say we created a lot is stretching it a bit

62 - 78 - 81

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024