Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This has to be the most bent Cricket game in history. 23:49 - Feb 10 with 1434 viewsMelford

Pakistan all out 59 in the first innings, all out for 53 in the second

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

This has to be the most bent Cricket game in history. on 07:36 - Feb 11 with 1253 viewsChurchman

In 2000 I was working with a guy whose family came from Pakistan and he proudly wore his shirt throughout the tournament as his team hammered the opposition. On the day of the final, he didn’t wear it. When I asked him about it he said ‘we will lose’. On suggesting they had a great team and a great chance, he said that wasn’t the point, they had no chance and the game was already decided. It was the Pakistan way.

Australia wiped the floor with them.
This has to be the most bent Cricket game in history. on 08:17 - Feb 11 with 1185 viewsChondzoresk

Or how about the Australians were a phenomenal team. I don't dispute there is rigging, but some of those deliveries were pretty tasty.
This has to be the most bent Cricket game in history. on 13:21 - Feb 11 with 977 viewsgainsboroughblue

This has to be the most bent Cricket game in history. on 07:36 - Feb 11 by Churchman

In 2000 I was working with a guy whose family came from Pakistan and he proudly wore his shirt throughout the tournament as his team hammered the opposition. On the day of the final, he didn’t wear it. When I asked him about it he said ‘we will lose’. On suggesting they had a great team and a great chance, he said that wasn’t the point, they had no chance and the game was already decided. It was the Pakistan way.

Australia wiped the floor with them.

Not doubting your dates, but would that have been the 1999 World Cup over here?

Pakistan have always been a mercurial outfit. More prone to abjectness than any side I've known (including us) but at the same time, capable of real brilliance. Wasim and Waqar over here in 1992 was the best spell of touring bowling against us I remember.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

This has to be the most bent Cricket game in history. on 13:49 - Feb 11 with 925 viewsChurchman

This has to be the most bent Cricket game in history. on 13:21 - Feb 11 by gainsboroughblue

Pakistan have always been a mercurial outfit. More prone to abjectness than any side I've known (including us) but at the same time, capable of real brilliance. Wasim and Waqar over here in 1992 was the best spell of touring bowling against us I remember.

It could easily have been - I was working for the same company as him between 1999 and 2002. It seems like yesterday but in reality is so long ago now.
This has to be the most bent Cricket game in history. on 14:03 - Feb 11 with 898 viewsHARRY10

This has to be the most bent Cricket game in history. on 08:17 - Feb 11 by Chondzoresk

Or how about the Australians were a phenomenal team. I don't dispute there is rigging, but some of those deliveries were pretty tasty.

Cricket, bent

whatever next ?
This has to be the most bent Cricket game in history. on 14:51 - Feb 11 with 847 viewsRadlett_blue

This has to be the most bent Cricket game in history. on 13:21 - Feb 11 by gainsboroughblue

Pakistan produced such an abysmal performance in the 1999 World Cup Final that you had to be suspicious that something wasn't quite right about that game. I felt sorry for the spectators, who didn't see anything resembling a contest. I watched the Pakistan innings on TV & I don't recall it being on of those mornings when the ball is swinging & seaming all over the place.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024