Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Joe Rogan podcast 08:27 - Feb 11 with 1654 viewsitfcjoe

Does anyone lsiten to this? It's supposedly the biggest podcast in the world and JR earns $30m a year from it.

It get's hundreds of thousands of downloads, total downloads must be close to a billion by now.

But i've tried to listen to it before and it is just full of adverts, so slow paced and so, so long.

There is a podcast about 3 hours long released every day it seems, am I missing something with it? I must be.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Joe Rogan podcast on 08:33 - Feb 11 with 1620 viewstractorboy1978

I tend to pick and choose depending on the guest and will watch or listen via Youtube rather than listen to the pod - you get no adverts on there.

It is often very deep and thought provoking and Rogan is very good at giving people a platform to speak and express themselves even if he disagrees with them. The pods with Jordan Peterson and Tyson Fury are particularly good. You are right that they are long but 2-3 hours whizzed by with these two.
The Joe Rogan podcast on 08:40 - Feb 11 with 1599 viewschicoazul

I listen now and then if there is someone interesting and if I have a long dog walk planned. You're right about the ads but I just skip past the first 10 minutes. Personally I enjoy the long form interview/conversation as it's the only format where you can see ideas expanded upon and probed, although it usually devolves to something like "Look how big that Chimp is it could rip your arm off brah". there are lots of parsed clips on Youtube if you only want a quick hit of something. I wish there was a UK equivalent, many UK podcasts are the same smug 30 or so comedians actors personalities and musicians going round each others podcasts (Scroobius Pip for instance) talking about the same things.
Radio 4 In Our Time may be the closest over here. Melvyn can be fantastically rude which is a bonus.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Joe Rogan podcast on 08:42 - Feb 11 with 1590 viewstomo

I have tried with it too but it’s just not for me. I tend to listen in bed and it’s a bit too loud and heavy on ads for me to nod off to.

That said the episode he did with the sleep expert Matthew Walker, is one of the best podcasts I’ve ever listened to. It was recommended to me and was truly life changing, give it a go.
The Joe Rogan podcast on 08:52 - Feb 11 with 1563 viewsSuperblue95

All my friends go on about it the whole time. I’ve never given it a proper listen myself but from the bits I’ve heard them listen to, I really don’t get the appeal.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

The Joe Rogan podcast on 09:00 - Feb 11 with 1546 viewsNewcyBlue

I’ve only listens to one of his when he had Ross Edgeley on it just after he had swam around Great Britain.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The Joe Rogan podcast on 09:03 - Feb 11 with 1539 viewsBiGDonnie

It's brilliant. Obviously helps if you're a big fan of UFC.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

The Joe Rogan podcast on 09:11 - Feb 11 with 1518 viewsTIB

I find myself watching it more and more. A bit slow paced sometimes and I tend to pick episodes with guests I know / am interested in...the Brian Cox episode was good. Do also remember that Joe loves that marijuana stuff which may explain the pace / over analysis of topics sometimes.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

The Joe Rogan podcast on 09:13 - Feb 11 with 1510 viewsBackToRussia

The Joe Rogan podcast on 09:11 - Feb 11 by TIB

I find myself watching it more and more. A bit slow paced sometimes and I tend to pick episodes with guests I know / am interested in...the Brian Cox episode was good. Do also remember that Joe loves that marijuana stuff which may explain the pace / over analysis of topics sometimes.

Did you know hops and cannabis are in the same botanical family?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Login to get fewer ads

The Joe Rogan podcast on 09:18 - Feb 11 with 1490 viewsTIB

The Joe Rogan podcast on 09:13 - Feb 11 by BackToRussia

Did you know hops and cannabis are in the same botanical family?

I did indeed. I've had a few "cannabis" beers from Beers Of Europe...tasted ok, not funky side effects.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

The Joe Rogan podcast on 09:20 - Feb 11 with 1480 viewsBackToRussia

The Joe Rogan podcast on 09:18 - Feb 11 by TIB

I did indeed. I've had a few "cannabis" beers from Beers Of Europe...tasted ok, not funky side effects.

"no funky side effects". Now there's a gap in the market...

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

The Joe Rogan podcast on 09:21 - Feb 11 with 1476 viewsfooters

The Joe Rogan podcast on 09:11 - Feb 11 by TIB

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The Joe Rogan podcast on 09:26 - Feb 11 with 1450 viewschicoazul

The Joe Rogan podcast on 09:21 - Feb 11 by footers

Hahahaha this is perfect and much more succinct and eloquent than I could ever put it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Joe Rogan podcast on 09:27 - Feb 11 with 1448 viewsitfcjoe

The Joe Rogan podcast on 08:40 - Feb 11 by chicoazul

I listen now and then if there is someone interesting and if I have a long dog walk planned. You're right about the ads but I just skip past the first 10 minutes. Personally I enjoy the long form interview/conversation as it's the only format where you can see ideas expanded upon and probed, although it usually devolves to something like "Look how big that Chimp is it could rip your arm off brah". there are lots of parsed clips on Youtube if you only want a quick hit of something. I wish there was a UK equivalent, many UK podcasts are the same smug 30 or so comedians actors personalities and musicians going round each others podcasts (Scroobius Pip for instance) talking about the same things.
Radio 4 In Our Time may be the closest over here. Melvyn can be fantastically rude which is a bonus.

I know what you mean about the podcast circuit, I've tended to end up listen to more series rather than just ones with no end dates at the moment. A few of the 6-8 part series from the BBC are very good, but do end up listening to more true crime than ideas being explored.

The problem with podcasts, is that any that get good tend to just really up their output so it becomes hard to keep up, and I don't like to pick and choose as feel as you lose the flow of some.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Joe Rogan podcast on 11:39 - Feb 11 with 1326 viewsSWGF

We'll get there, Joe

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024