Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone banging on about Evans 21:53 - Feb 11 with 7296 viewsNazemariner

Whatever your viewpoint, you do know that he doesn't pick the team, decide on tactics,or take training sessions.

Constantly blaming the owner for poor performances is extremely naive.
Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:29 - Feb 11 with 1849 viewsTheBoyBlue

Evans is the reason for us reaching these depths through over a decade of misjudgements and penny-pinching. However, it is Lambert who is responsible for what we see now. He actually has one of the best squads in the league, with players coveted by Championship clubs, international experience, etc. Yet through his cocky squad rotation and needless international breaks that destroyed the momentum and confidence of that early season run, he has blown any chance of going up. Which from the position we were in is staggering.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:29 - Feb 11 with 1849 viewslazyblue

What about the fee for KYV and wages for the likes of Keane, Judge and Norwood . He gave Hurst too enough to build a decent team .
Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:29 - Feb 11 with 1849 viewsGuthrum

True. But he does provide the pool.of players from which the team is selected, whose ability and response to training to some extent dictates tactics.

That having been said, I'm not convinced Lambert has the tactical and motivational answers.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:29 - Feb 11 with 1846 viewsChurchman

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:05 - Feb 11 by Oxford_Blue

He gave three managers a lot of cash. So I’m just saying that the allegation he didn’t do this is wrong. Since then he hasn’t.

The issue is also the players and Lambert.

Who appointed Lambert and Keane? This £30/£40m - I assume that’s net after player sales? Where did ‘his’ money go? And who did Magilton sign that cost a fee? Norris is the only one I can think of for about £2.5m.

Sir faceless is the owner. It’s his club and he is accountable. But he has leeched for years off peoples loyalty to ITFC because without those people, there is no club. If there is no club in 5 years time will he care? Doesn’t look much like it to me if you look at its direction of travel.
Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:29 - Feb 11 with 1846 viewsFunge

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:22 - Feb 11 by sparks

As Mills has just ponted out- he was there tonight. On a cold night, at a shyte ground, watching dire football.

Tells you something.

What does it tell us, Bullers?
Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:32 - Feb 11 with 1819 viewssparks

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:26 - Feb 11 by noggin

Evans clearly doesn't give a toss about ITFC. He's fed up with his purchase and has left it to rot in the shed.

Then why was he bothering to sit in the shyte of AC Wimbledon on a Tuesday night in February?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:33 - Feb 11 with 1809 viewsblueconscience

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:32 - Feb 11 by sparks

Then why was he bothering to sit in the shyte of AC Wimbledon on a Tuesday night in February?

Because it probably isn’t far from his London Mansion.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:40 - Feb 11 with 1785 viewsnoggin

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:32 - Feb 11 by sparks

It keeps some fans happy? I don't know.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:40 - Feb 11 with 1784 viewsAlexwaddell

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:28 - Feb 11 by Nazemariner

Does any owner run a club with due care? Its a loss making making industry for all but the entitled few.

Whilst Evans has owned our club we have been in gradual decline, there is no argument to say otherwise, and it is certainly not one that i will make.

The point i am trying to make is that the debacle we witnessed tonight, and on multiple occasions this season, is the doing of the manager, and to a lesser extent, the players.....certainly not the owner. He of course employs the managers, and has not made a very good job of doing so, but the vast majority of supporters were more than happy with all his appointments at the time he made them.

Ifully feel that it is totally down to the players....if Lambert picked the under 23 team it would be down to Lambert...these guys are supposed to be in "the strongest squad in the league" but they seem to be comfortable just getting a game rather than like ITFC teams of the past who went all out for a win. Could you imagine Jim Magilton playing with these guys? The air in the dressing room would be blue....total despair no "will to win" from the owner to the manager to the players....now a mid tabke league 3 team...hope you are enjoying it Mr Evans.

Poll: What was today?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:44 - Feb 11 with 1768 viewssparks

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:40 - Feb 11 by Alexwaddell

Ifully feel that it is totally down to the players....if Lambert picked the under 23 team it would be down to Lambert...these guys are supposed to be in "the strongest squad in the league" but they seem to be comfortable just getting a game rather than like ITFC teams of the past who went all out for a win. Could you imagine Jim Magilton playing with these guys? The air in the dressing room would be blue....total despair no "will to win" from the owner to the manager to the players....now a mid tabke league 3 team...hope you are enjoying it Mr Evans.

I saw no lack of effort from anyone. Just a cheap uninformed fans' reaction to not getting the result they want.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:51 - Feb 11 with 1745 viewsZacak

Everyone banging on about Evans on 21:54 - Feb 11 by RegencyBlue

The common denominator in our twelve years of decline is our penny pinching owner.

Or his inability to compete with Sky money. Yes some poor decisions of course but ultimately when we live in a world where we cant compete in the Championship, that's more about Sky
Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:56 - Feb 11 with 1733 viewsvapour_trail

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:22 - Feb 11 by sparks

As Mills has just ponted out- he was there tonight. On a cold night, at a shyte ground, watching dire football.

Tells you something.

I don’t even know what that’s supposed to mean, bullers.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 23:03 - Feb 11 with 1711 viewsChurchman

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:51 - Feb 11 by Zacak

Or his inability to compete with Sky money. Yes some poor decisions of course but ultimately when we live in a world where we cant compete in the Championship, that's more about Sky

Peterborough,Wycombe, Coventry and Rotherham have had less Sky money than ITFC. Luton, Millwall and a few others in the Championship are.hardly drowning in Sky money either. Sheffield U are now in the PL and to my knowledge that was due to astute ownership. Yet you are saying that because of tv money, we belong mid table 3rd div or lower. That doesn’t add up.

I believe we belong mid table 3rd div or lower because an incompetent disinterested owner has run it into the ground.
Everyone banging on about Evans on 23:10 - Feb 11 with 1694 viewshaynes_toe1

OP is of course factually correct.

I don't think Evans is a terrible owner, he just isnt a very good one. To be fair, this season in isolation I was more than happy with the squad we had and the fact we didnt cash in on any of our main players.

What I cant forgive, alongside a list of awful managerial appointments is the bizarre and frankly catastrophic decision to give Lambert a 5 year contract.

That raises alarm bells that he still hasnt really learnt anything about football in all this time.
Everyone banging on about Evans on 23:14 - Feb 11 with 1679 viewsnoggin

Everyone banging on about Evans on 23:10 - Feb 11 by haynes_toe1

OP is of course factually correct.

I don't think Evans is a terrible owner, he just isnt a very good one. To be fair, this season in isolation I was more than happy with the squad we had and the fact we didnt cash in on any of our main players.

What I cant forgive, alongside a list of awful managerial appointments is the bizarre and frankly catastrophic decision to give Lambert a 5 year contract.

That raises alarm bells that he still hasnt really learnt anything about football in all this time.

Maybe the plan is to wind the club up within the next 5 years

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 23:32 - Feb 11 with 1653 viewsZacak

Everyone banging on about Evans on 23:03 - Feb 11 by Churchman

Peterborough,Wycombe, Coventry and Rotherham have had less Sky money than ITFC. Luton, Millwall and a few others in the Championship are.hardly drowning in Sky money either. Sheffield U are now in the PL and to my knowledge that was due to astute ownership. Yet you are saying that because of tv money, we belong mid table 3rd div or lower. That doesn’t add up.

I believe we belong mid table 3rd div or lower because an incompetent disinterested owner has run it into the ground.

Ok. So you've picked a handful of teams who are out performing us on less income. All of those based on this season only. A season which follows years of demise at Championship level due to our inability to compete financially. Then Hurst came along and sold the crown jewels only to be replaced by inferior players who haven't exactly set the world alight at this level. Last season we were so so poor at that level but our fans believe that as if by some miracle we will somehow right all that within 1 season and be successful at the league below. At league 1 level we should be competing at the top of the league. However we have years of dross to address culminating in last season. Lambert is making many mistakes and I'm losing confidence in his ability for sure. For those slating Evans and suggesting he has lost interest; if you are losing millions every season and your only hope of ever regaining the tens of millions in investment would you lose interest?
Everyone banging on about Evans on 23:57 - Feb 11 with 1637 viewsChurchman

Everyone banging on about Evans on 23:32 - Feb 11 by Zacak

Ok. So you've picked a handful of teams who are out performing us on less income. All of those based on this season only. A season which follows years of demise at Championship level due to our inability to compete financially. Then Hurst came along and sold the crown jewels only to be replaced by inferior players who haven't exactly set the world alight at this level. Last season we were so so poor at that level but our fans believe that as if by some miracle we will somehow right all that within 1 season and be successful at the league below. At league 1 level we should be competing at the top of the league. However we have years of dross to address culminating in last season. Lambert is making many mistakes and I'm losing confidence in his ability for sure. For those slating Evans and suggesting he has lost interest; if you are losing millions every season and your only hope of ever regaining the tens of millions in investment would you lose interest?

I’m sure there are other clubs in the prem and Championship who were in a worse or similar position to ITFC who have done better, but the point is I don’t think that Evans has lost interest. I don’t believe he ever had any other than to make a quick buck with a discounted debt and punt on promotion with his company name slapped over the stands and players shirts. Following that shambolic failure the club, under his ownership, has been allowed to drift and rot away.
Everyone banging on about Evans on 00:15 - Feb 12 with 1625 viewsSwansea_Blue

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:05 - Feb 11 by Oxford_Blue

He gave three managers a lot of cash. So I’m just saying that the allegation he didn’t do this is wrong. Since then he hasn’t.

The issue is also the players and Lambert.

I understand what you're saying, but the buck stops with him as he's the one at the top making the decisions. Yes he gave certain managers money for transfers and wages, yet who in their right mind gives inexperienced managers a blank check and free reign?

He's hasn't been malicious or deceitful with us; quite the opposite. He's supported his managers, kept out of their way, etc., and from that perspective he's been the perfect owner for the managers who've worked for him. All very laudible, except for consistently putting the wrong managers in position in the first place. He consistently gets the most important decisons wrong and its cost us our place in teh 2nd tier at least so far.

Lambert is rubbish too, of course.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 0:18]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:06 - Feb 12 with 1566 viewsChrisd

Everyone banging on about Evans on 22:29 - Feb 11 by lazyblue

What about the fee for KYV and wages for the likes of Keane, Judge and Norwood . He gave Hurst too enough to build a decent team .

Lets not forget, ME allowed our best players go to help PH generate the transfer funds. He gives with one hand and takes with the other!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:08 - Feb 12 with 1565 viewsChrisd

Everyone banging on about Evans on 23:14 - Feb 11 by noggin

Maybe the plan is to wind the club up within the next 5 years

The way we have slowly declined over the last decade and ME's lack of interest you can't rule that out.

Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:16 - Feb 12 with 1547 viewsitfcjoe

Everyone banging on about Evans on 23:03 - Feb 11 by Churchman

Sheffield United’s ownership is an absolute mess, court cases going on even in to this season.

They just appointed a good manager who has transformed the club.

Evans may not be a good owner, but he’s not a bad one - our best bet is a good manager, because you can’t just change owners

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:22 - Feb 12 with 1523 viewsstewartm

Yes your right about that point but you are missing a lot out and this post is idiotic!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:31 - Feb 12 with 1501 viewsDanTheMan

Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:16 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

Sheffield United’s ownership is an absolute mess, court cases going on even in to this season.

Evans may not be a good owner, but he’s not a bad one - our best bet is a good manager, because you can’t just change owners

Just the shame the powers in charge have an absolutely atrocious track record so far in selecting a manager.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:33 - Feb 12 with 1501 viewsPlums

Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:16 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

Spot on. The state of this season doesn’t sit with Evans, however the trend of decline definitely does along with the lunacy of giving an underperforming manager a five year deal.

Lambert has failed to get a tune out of a large squad with enough talent to blow this division away. He’s spent months without a plan, he now has one but doesn’t have the players to deliver it and is seemingly unable to change it to one that suits who he has available.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:49 - Feb 12 with 1479 viewsChrisd

Everyone banging on about Evans on 07:33 - Feb 12 by Plums

Spot on. The state of this season doesn’t sit with Evans, however the trend of decline definitely does along with the lunacy of giving an underperforming manager a five year deal.

Lambert has failed to get a tune out of a large squad with enough talent to blow this division away. He’s spent months without a plan, he now has one but doesn’t have the players to deliver it and is seemingly unable to change it to one that suits who he has available.

That 'talented' squad that struggled again last night? Hence, not against one of the better sides this time, you can't use that excuse. Perhaps, the majority of these players have found their level and this is it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024