Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My reality check 22:51 - Feb 11 with 663 viewswiltshireblue

My post after the Peterborough game that I went to admittedly wasn’t too positive!, as I was missing dearly the football we used to play, and could again.

Undoubtedly we have a fantastic squad but for some reason management / strategy / training whatever it isn’t clicking

We should be in the automatic promotion spots based on squad, but we aren’t.

However, my reality check is that even if by some chance we were up there in the auto spots from nicking a few goals in our drawn games would that be a success?. Surely we’d still be the same team with the same hit and hope approach devoid of ideas, just one that had nicked a few extra goals to get the points. Nothing else would change.

Surely what we all really want is the fight, effort and passion from that team and I’ve decided my personal view of success is to see our team playing proper football with commitment and it can be done as shown by others in this league who have embarrassed us, and rightly so.

I dread to think how we’d fair back in the championship as we currently are with the style or lack of and the poor application, that definitely wouldn’t be my idea of success.
My reality check on 22:52 - Feb 11 with 643 viewsMrTown

When I read “we have a fantastic squad”, I knew you still needed a reality check.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

My reality check on 22:56 - Feb 11 with 577 viewswiltshireblue

My reality check on 22:52 - Feb 11 by MrTown

When I read “we have a fantastic squad”, I knew you still needed a reality check.

It’s relative. You can’t tell me there’s not plenty of teams above us now with weaker squads on paper.

Or that our current team would instantly be solved by throwing money around . It would be the same decision makers spending that money and wearing even the best players down
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024