Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“We dominated the game” 07:26 - Feb 12 with 978 viewsRRB

When will Lambert realise that passing around the back for most of the game isn’t dominating the game. I don’t understand why Nolan or Judge didn’t come in for Skuse.

I don’t understand why Norwood was taken off. Yes he was missing chances but at least he was in the right positions.

Lambert hasn’t got a clue how to change a game.
“We dominated the game” on 07:30 - Feb 12 with 938 viewsitfcjoe

It was totally unsuited to the personnel last night, full of defensive players and it showed

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

“We dominated the game” on 07:33 - Feb 12 with 930 viewstractorboy1978

I know people will say it was Culverhouse but Lambert at Norwich and Lambert here is chalk and cheese. At Norwich he'd end games with 4 strikers on the pitch in pursuit of goals (that he seemed to get more often than not). You'd think even if he wasn't the natural tactician, he'd have learnt from that time and his experiences and be far better at influencing a game.
“We dominated the game” on 07:40 - Feb 12 with 894 viewsChrisd

We pass the ball about in front of sides, that's why our possession percentage is so high and teams are quite happy for us to have the ball there as we aren't hurting them. Our passing is slow and laboured and we rarely do it with purpose. This has been happening for a while and PL can't see it.......that's more the worry.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

“We dominated the game” on 07:43 - Feb 12 with 880 viewstractorboy1978

“We dominated the game” on 07:40 - Feb 12 by Chrisd

We pass the ball about in front of sides, that's why our possession percentage is so high and teams are quite happy for us to have the ball there as we aren't hurting them. Our passing is slow and laboured and we rarely do it with purpose. This has been happening for a while and PL can't see it.......that's more the worry.

He can see it, he just doesn't seem to know what to do about it. And coming out saying anything other than "we've dominated" or "played well" is putting himself under pressure.
“We dominated the game” on 08:13 - Feb 12 with 818 viewsDubtractor

“We dominated the game” on 07:40 - Feb 12 by Chrisd

The Peterborough game was a stark illustration of this.

When we got caught in possession, or out of shape, within 3 quick passes they would have created a chance.

When we gained possession in similar circumstances we laboured over it, or just tried the standard hopeful ball down the channel.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 8:16]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

“We dominated the game” on 09:07 - Feb 12 with 716 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

“We dominated the game” on 07:30 - Feb 12 by itfcjoe

It was totally unsuited to the personnel last night, full of defensive players and it showed

A friend said to me that by playing 4 centre backs + Donacien was akin to Roy Keane's famous 4 centre backs in a 4-4-2.

I don't think I have seen a more uncomfortable performance than Donacien last night for many a year. Scared to be on the ball, always passing back and being out challenged by a 5 foot 5 midfielder. Position did not suit him at all.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024