Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely he goes today! 07:30 - Feb 12 with 4219 viewsBluefish

Why wait until the end of the season? It will be more damage to repair, we are in a freefall

Either bring in Jones now or give it to Butcher/Burley until the end of the season. I would take anyone over PRP

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Surely he goes today! on 07:32 - Feb 12 with 3919 viewsOxford_Blue

Lambert isn’t going to walk away from hundreds of thousands of pounds of compensation without another job to go to.
Surely he goes today! on 07:37 - Feb 12 with 3883 viewsartsbossbeard

Why on earth would he go today?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Surely he goes today! on 07:39 - Feb 12 with 3862 viewsMattinLondon

Surely he goes today! on 07:37 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

Because Blubfish has asked, and he’s so self-entitled PL has a duty to go today.
Surely he goes today! on 07:44 - Feb 12 with 3821 viewsMattinLondon

Surely he goes today! on 07:39 - Feb 12 by MattinLondon

Because Blubfish has asked, and he’s so self-entitled PL has a duty to go today.

In all seriousness PL should do the decent thing and walk. Obviously he won’t: if we make the play-offs and win then all talk of automatic promotion would be wiped clean by the club. If we lose in the play-offs or don’t make them then he’ll be sacked only to be replaced by someone else - ME will feature in some sort of PR stunt which we’ve all heard before and now means f**k all.
Surely he goes today! on 07:45 - Feb 12 with 3812 viewsChrisd

Yes, can tell that from your desperation in this post. From ME's point of view, if he made a decision like that after giving PL a 5 year contract last month that makes that decision to the footballing world look ridiculous and we'd become a laughing stock more than we already are. PL will stay until the end of the season, but that means we'll be in L1 and we need to start thinking that's the reality of our situation.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Surely he goes today! on 07:52 - Feb 12 with 3764 viewsBluefish

Surely he goes today! on 07:37 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

Because he has been a disaster here acoss 2 seasons

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Surely he goes today! on 08:04 - Feb 12 with 3704 viewsartsbossbeard

Surely he goes today! on 07:52 - Feb 12 by Bluefish

Because he has been a disaster here acoss 2 seasons

But why today?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Surely he goes today! on 08:10 - Feb 12 with 3664 viewsGuthrum

Surely he goes today! on 08:04 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

But why today?

Not that I think he will, but last night has dealt a body-blow to our hopes of gaining promotion. Namely a game we needed to and, on balance, should win, but which resulted in a fairly feeble 0 - 0 draw.

If we can't beat all of these lower-half teams, then we won't get enough points. Simple as that.

If the manager can't get this squad beating those teams, he's failed.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Surely he goes today! on 08:25 - Feb 12 with 3597 viewsStadiumofdark

Surely he goes today! on 08:10 - Feb 12 by Guthrum

Not that I think he will, but last night has dealt a body-blow to our hopes of gaining promotion. Namely a game we needed to and, on balance, should win, but which resulted in a fairly feeble 0 - 0 draw.

If we can't beat all of these lower-half teams, then we won't get enough points. Simple as that.

If the manager can't get this squad beating those teams, he's failed.

Yep. It's not as even if they were any good... at all. Absolute shambles.

He can't seem to set the team up right, can't motivate the players (it seems) and has no "in-game" tactical ability.

Deary deary me
Surely he goes today! on 08:33 - Feb 12 with 3539 viewsHerbivore

I don't see him going before the end of the season. I think we'll likely miss the play offs now or scrape in that 6th place and lose in the semi. Either of those scenarios should see him go and then we rebuild in the summer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Surely he goes today! on 08:35 - Feb 12 with 3527 viewsSuffolktractor

Surely he goes today! on 08:25 - Feb 12 by Stadiumofdark

Yep. It's not as even if they were any good... at all. Absolute shambles.

He can't seem to set the team up right, can't motivate the players (it seems) and has no "in-game" tactical ability.

Deary deary me

The defeats to Rotherham, Peterborough and Sunderland were damaging and disappointing, but last night has completely blown the stuffing and last remaining hope out of me. A game against a poor side who had no ambition to attack us. Yet we played a system unsuited to the players available, didn’t switch it up at half time where we could all see where the game was drifting. Surely Dozzell had to come on to offer some more attacking threat?
Once again half time team talk did nothing to re-engage the players and if anything by the end Wimbledon were starting to think they might be the ones who could nick it.
Surely he goes today! on 08:42 - Feb 12 with 3464 viewsMach_foreignBlue

More hysterical bollox from Bluefish as he refuses to slate his 'marcus' for having given Lambert a 5 yrs deal.

Why would Lambert walk away from the £££££ given by Santa Marcus?

We are stuck with both of them and will keep sinking in the lower leagues.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 8:43]
Surely he goes today! on 08:44 - Feb 12 with 3439 viewsHerbivore

Surely he goes today! on 08:42 - Feb 12 by Mach_foreignBlue

More hysterical bollox from Bluefish as he refuses to slate his 'marcus' for having given Lambert a 5 yrs deal.

Why would Lambert walk away from the £££££ given by Santa Marcus?

We are stuck with both of them and will keep sinking in the lower leagues.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 8:43]

You would benefit from learning to disagree with people in a more respectful tone.

Surely he goes today! on 08:46 - Feb 12 with 3410 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Surely he goes today! on 08:44 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

You would benefit from learning to disagree with people in a more respectful tone.

Ha ha. Coming from you hypocrite !
Surely he goes today! on 08:47 - Feb 12 with 3406 viewsKieran_Knows

Surely he goes today! on 08:33 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

I don't see him going before the end of the season. I think we'll likely miss the play offs now or scrape in that 6th place and lose in the semi. Either of those scenarios should see him go and then we rebuild in the summer.

I know you already know this, and I know it's been said a million times elsewhere, but I struggle to see how we can rebuild in this division with the resources we have available. It's obvious if we don't go up this season then Woolfenden and Downes are gone (and no doubt for much less than what they're actually worth) and we know that money won't be reinvested.

A complete sh*t show. F*ck 'em all.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Surely he goes today! on 08:47 - Feb 12 with 3401 viewstextbackup

He has to go.
But he won’t.
You are wasting time and energy posting this everyday my friend, even tho you are correct in what you say

Followed closely by Evans, who is the main reason this club is what it is
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 8:55]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Surely he goes today! on 08:48 - Feb 12 with 3396 viewsStadiumofdark

Surely he goes today! on 08:35 - Feb 12 by Suffolktractor

The defeats to Rotherham, Peterborough and Sunderland were damaging and disappointing, but last night has completely blown the stuffing and last remaining hope out of me. A game against a poor side who had no ambition to attack us. Yet we played a system unsuited to the players available, didn’t switch it up at half time where we could all see where the game was drifting. Surely Dozzell had to come on to offer some more attacking threat?
Once again half time team talk did nothing to re-engage the players and if anything by the end Wimbledon were starting to think they might be the ones who could nick it.

Yep - it just felt obvious that he wouldn't change it, to try and win the game. He hasn't got the ability as a manager. Dozzell or even Judge sat on the bench, watching 5 at the back and Skuse stop the threat that Wimbledon weren't even offering
Surely he goes today! on 08:50 - Feb 12 with 3381 viewsLord_Lucan

Surely he goes today! on 07:32 - Feb 12 by Oxford_Blue

Lambert isn’t going to walk away from hundreds of thousands of pounds of compensation without another job to go to.

I would like to think ME has put a clause in his contract that if he fails promotion then the contract can be terminated.

It would be the sensible thing to do.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Surely he goes today! on 08:52 - Feb 12 with 3349 viewsChrisd

Surely he goes today! on 08:50 - Feb 12 by Lord_Lucan

I would like to think ME has put a clause in his contract that if he fails promotion then the contract can be terminated.

You'd think, but we're talking about ME and any logic seems to go out the window when football comes into play!

Surely he goes today! on 08:52 - Feb 12 with 3348 viewstextbackup

Surely he goes today! on 08:50 - Feb 12 by Lord_Lucan

Sensible.... ME..... Na that didn’t happen!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Surely he goes today! on 09:03 - Feb 12 with 3292 viewsHerbivore

Surely he goes today! on 08:47 - Feb 12 by Kieran_Knows

I know you already know this, and I know it's been said a million times elsewhere, but I struggle to see how we can rebuild in this division with the resources we have available. It's obvious if we don't go up this season then Woolfenden and Downes are gone (and no doubt for much less than what they're actually worth) and we know that money won't be reinvested.

It can be done but it might take a couple of years. Downes and Woolfy will go for sure and central defence will need an overhaul. But we have an abundance of talent in central midfield even if Downes goes. We shift some deadwood on decent wages like Judge and, I hate to say it, Skuse. Trim some more fat where we can, and Lambert has added some, and we're not actually in awful shape. Selling Woolfy and Downes more than balances the books and we then look to strengthen where we need to. It'll mainly be frees or small fees but that's what every other club at this level is doing and plenty are doing it better than us. You don't need loads of money to get out of this league, nobody in this league has loads of money to spend.

Surely he goes today! on 09:14 - Feb 12 with 3262 viewsChrisd

Surely he goes today! on 09:03 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

It can be done but it might take a couple of years. Downes and Woolfy will go for sure and central defence will need an overhaul. But we have an abundance of talent in central midfield even if Downes goes. We shift some deadwood on decent wages like Judge and, I hate to say it, Skuse. Trim some more fat where we can, and Lambert has added some, and we're not actually in awful shape. Selling Woolfy and Downes more than balances the books and we then look to strengthen where we need to. It'll mainly be frees or small fees but that's what every other club at this level is doing and plenty are doing it better than us. You don't need loads of money to get out of this league, nobody in this league has loads of money to spend.

Very true Herbivore. We just aren't in any fit shape for promotion to the Championship, we're a long way short. How many of our current squad could genuinely handle football in the Championship? Not that many if you are being really honest with yourself. Need to get rid of the current blue print and start again. We've still got so much deadwood that we need to get rid of in our squad. Need to put the sentiment away and cut the cloth accordingly. We need a solid spine of the team sprinkled with the talented youngsters that we have on the periphery of our current squad and start building long term. Give them a few seasons together to really get some momentum going ala Burley's Town side from '95 onwards and if that's in L1 so be it. If I could see something developing I'd be really encouraged. I genuinely believed that was what was going to happen this season, but that just hasn't materialised.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 9:18]

Surely he goes today! on 09:16 - Feb 12 with 3243 viewsMrTown

Although I would imagine most want him to leave now, it is highly unlikely it will happen until the end of the season.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Surely he goes today! on 10:16 - Feb 12 with 3131 viewsBiGDonnie

Surely he goes today! on 08:47 - Feb 12 by Kieran_Knows

This is it.

Our ideas of a rebuild will be farrrrr from what ME is prepared to do. He'll cash in on Woolf and Downes and we'll be looking at freebies and loans.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Surely he goes today! on 10:18 - Feb 12 with 3118 viewsSwansea_Blue

Surely he goes today! on 08:04 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

But why today?

Because he didn't yesterday as Fishers hoped, so I aassume we're going to get this every day until he goes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024