Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town Supporters 08:30 - Feb 12 with 1875 viewschfsittingbell

It may be a controversial opinion but i think some of our fans are absolute idiots.

I get to a few away games each season and each time i'm shocked by how some of our following act.

Last night for example, a lady (Wimbledon fan) in the disabled area had to be taken away in tears after 4 or 5 blokes spent 20 minutes call her a C**t. Don't get me wrong, she tried to have a go back but clearly was not able to hold her own.

The "supporters" who spent most of the first half arguing about barriers and that they couldn't see were embarrassing. Grown men of around 50-60 years of age, screaming in the face of a young female Steward, calling her a c**t is ridiculous. Perhaps getting there a bit earlier than 5 mins before kick off and expecting to be at the front would have been a better idea?

I'm sure most supporters are ok, we see and hear about our fantastic support but some of our "followers" are an embarrassment.

[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 8:31]
Town Supporters on 08:35 - Feb 12 with 1817 viewsm14_blue

Some people are just absolute idiots.

Town supporters are certainly no worse than others and are far better than most.
Town Supporters on 08:36 - Feb 12 with 1798 viewsHerbivore

Town Supporters on 08:35 - Feb 12 by m14_blue

Some people are just absolute idiots.

Town supporters are certainly no worse than others and are far better than most.

Although I've noticed that London away games seem to attract a much larger proportion of total weapons.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Town Supporters on 08:39 - Feb 12 with 1771 viewsKeaneish

Town Supporters on 08:36 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

Although I've noticed that London away games seem to attract a much larger proportion of total weapons.

But they must be regulars as Wimbledon was only available to fans who'd done "X" number of away matches this season.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Town Supporters on 08:40 - Feb 12 with 1755 viewsHerbivore

Town Supporters on 08:39 - Feb 12 by Keaneish

But they must be regulars as Wimbledon was only available to fans who'd done "X" number of away matches this season.

They went to Gold Card holders as well and a handful to season ticket holders.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Town Supporters on 08:42 - Feb 12 with 1745 viewsPecker

That is a shame and had I seen or heard any of it, I would have stepped in. Unfortunately, when you get a big group of people, young, old, male and female, you are always going to get some who are an embarrassment and idiots. It is a shame, but little to nothing you can do about it unfortunately. I think as a group we should do more if we witness these things, but probably not going to happen.
Town Supporters on 08:49 - Feb 12 with 1689 viewsElephantintheRoom

Your eyes were deceiving you... Town supporters are all angelic wonders. You should have stepped up to the plate and offered to buy them a free beer - and paid for their bus.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Town Supporters on 08:51 - Feb 12 with 1679 viewsChrisd

All clubs have their share of idiots and we are no exception.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Town Supporters on 08:53 - Feb 12 with 1657 viewschfsittingbell

Town Supporters on 08:42 - Feb 12 by Pecker

That is a shame and had I seen or heard any of it, I would have stepped in. Unfortunately, when you get a big group of people, young, old, male and female, you are always going to get some who are an embarrassment and idiots. It is a shame, but little to nothing you can do about it unfortunately. I think as a group we should do more if we witness these things, but probably not going to happen.

I agree, i did tell one of our younger fans (around 20ish i reckon) about himself for pretending to be crushed. He kept throwing himself against the barrier shouting i cant breath and laughing with his mates. I know he probably isn't as aware of the things like this that really did happen but i told him that people like him that were just trying to watch their football team really did get hurt/killed for what he was joking around for. He didn't care and carried on. However it might just be me getting more sensitive as i get older!
Login to get fewer ads

Town Supporters on 08:55 - Feb 12 with 1639 viewsChrisd

Town Supporters on 08:53 - Feb 12 by chfsittingbell

I agree, i did tell one of our younger fans (around 20ish i reckon) about himself for pretending to be crushed. He kept throwing himself against the barrier shouting i cant breath and laughing with his mates. I know he probably isn't as aware of the things like this that really did happen but i told him that people like him that were just trying to watch their football team really did get hurt/killed for what he was joking around for. He didn't care and carried on. However it might just be me getting more sensitive as i get older!

He's probably still computing that information, even this morning chfsittingbell. He might work it out eventually, but not holding my breath.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Town Supporters on 09:00 - Feb 12 with 1615 viewshatch

Town Supporters on 08:51 - Feb 12 by Chrisd

All clubs have their share of idiots and we are no exception.

Being in the home end terrace just along from where Town fans were I actually think the Dons lot were as easygoing as they get. Seemed to be pretty down to earth, not completely on the back of their players who weren’t doing a lot. They seemed to shout tactical ideas to their boss and have a rapport with him.

One guy shouted ‘take the ball down and pass it and stop dropping it back to our CB to hoof’ and another guy shouted ‘yeah! What he said!’.

All I encountered seemed a decent bunch at a nice run family club. Apart from when I was leaving and heard someone behind Holy call him a ‘f**got’ which shows there’s always some idiots. Couldn’t tell who’d shouted it unfortunately
Town Supporters on 09:05 - Feb 12 with 1582 viewsJakeITFC

Town Supporters on 09:00 - Feb 12 by hatch

Being in the home end terrace just along from where Town fans were I actually think the Dons lot were as easygoing as they get. Seemed to be pretty down to earth, not completely on the back of their players who weren’t doing a lot. They seemed to shout tactical ideas to their boss and have a rapport with him.

One guy shouted ‘take the ball down and pass it and stop dropping it back to our CB to hoof’ and another guy shouted ‘yeah! What he said!’.

All I encountered seemed a decent bunch at a nice run family club. Apart from when I was leaving and heard someone behind Holy call him a ‘f**got’ which shows there’s always some idiots. Couldn’t tell who’d shouted it unfortunately

The lovely rendition of ‘Suffolk strangler, he’s one of your own’ was a nice touch.
Town Supporters on 09:30 - Feb 12 with 1510 viewstractorshark

Town Supporters on 08:36 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

I used to love London away days. Big numbers, good atmosphere but it’s not the same now.
Brentford away 2 seasons ago was the lowest point. Loads of tools there just with the intention of slagging off McCarthy. I knew it was going to be a bad day when on the way to the ground one of our yoofs was in full Stone Island bounce mode, squaring up to lampposts and throwing punches at them. I imagine the lampposts won on points.
But every club has a few idiots. Funny enough, the only London ground where they seem a little more restrained is Millwall...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024