Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse 11:18 - Feb 12 with 3590 viewskizaitfc

Leaving Dozzell, Nolan and Judge all on the bench against a lowly Wimbledon side who sat 10 men behind the ball.

Some of Lambert's team selection are definitely becoming odder by the game.

I understand injuries have not helped but there were better options last night, even throwing some of the youngsters in might have given a bit more spark

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 11:38 - Feb 12 with 3546 viewsOsborneOneNil

No need for Skuse at any time. We need to move on, be more dynamic.
Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 11:41 - Feb 12 with 3542 viewsSomethingBlue

Lambert set us up to combat a physical battering that, save for being laudably energetic and organised, Wimbledon didn't particularly offer. We did not play the game on our terms and it cost us dearly.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 11:41]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 11:44 - Feb 12 with 3507 viewsportmanking

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 11:41 - Feb 12 by SomethingBlue

Lambert set us up to combat a physical battering that, save for being laudably energetic and organised, Wimbledon didn't particularly offer. We did not play the game on our terms and it cost us dearly.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 11:41]

Which tells you all you need to know about the alarming shift in Lambert's mindset, given that earlier in the season he said "we'll worry about our team and let them worry about how we play".
Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 11:46 - Feb 12 with 3503 viewsMrTown

Skuse is tidy, but we don't need him anymore I'm sorry. He shouldn't have his contract renewed.

Need so much more dynamism throughout the squad.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 11:49 - Feb 12 with 3489 viewschicoazul

You never ever need Skuse when you have 3 at the back. He's still ok when he is in front of 2 or in that 3. Let's go back to Huws and Downes in there, until Huws ' head falls off or something equally inevitable.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 12:12 - Feb 12 with 3451 viewsSWGF

It was, in effect, five defenders (inc four centre halves), one holding midfielder and Huws playing alongside him. Flat, uninspiring formation leading to a flat, uninspiring display. All the time while Dozzell, Judge watched on.

Quite why we couldn't have substituted one of Skuse/Huws (or sacrificed a defender) when we brought Keane on, I'll never know.

Lambert's "rock & roll" football is more "easy listening" day-by-day.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 12:16 - Feb 12 with 3416 viewsIllinoisblue

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 12:12 - Feb 12 by SWGF

It was, in effect, five defenders (inc four centre halves), one holding midfielder and Huws playing alongside him. Flat, uninspiring formation leading to a flat, uninspiring display. All the time while Dozzell, Judge watched on.

Quite why we couldn't have substituted one of Skuse/Huws (or sacrificed a defender) when we brought Keane on, I'll never know.

Lambert's "rock & roll" football is more "easy listening" day-by-day.

Haha, forgot the rock n roll soundbite! Dear oh dear as the great man himself would say. #playedfordortmundyouknow

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 12:22 - Feb 12 with 3391 viewsPecker

Skuse should be allowed to leave. We have to many defensive minded players. Need more energy and craft going forward.
Login to get fewer ads

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 12:31 - Feb 12 with 3372 viewskizaitfc

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 11:38 - Feb 12 by OsborneOneNil

Skuse could play if we played with 2 at CB with him just in front, bit like Fabinho's role at Liverpool.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 12:36 - Feb 12 with 3353 viewsIllinoisblue

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 11:44 - Feb 12 by portmanking

Which tells you all you need to know about the alarming shift in Lambert's mindset, given that earlier in the season he said "we'll worry about our team and let them worry about how we play".

I can almost see his point of view in needing to keep it tight and stop the rot. On the other hand ITS FOOKING WIMBLEDON IN THE BOTTOM SIX OF DIVISION THREE.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 12:43 - Feb 12 with 3336 viewsDeano69

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 12:31 - Feb 12 by kizaitfc

Skuse could play if we played with 2 at CB with him just in front, bit like Fabinho's role at Liverpool.

Just running that through my head, Skuse and Fabinho.

I can dream. (get your point though)

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 12:46 - Feb 12 with 3319 viewsStNeotsBlue

If we are going to continue with 3 centre halves, the only time Skuse should play is if he is one of the 3.
Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 12:47 - Feb 12 with 3317 viewskizaitfc

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 12:43 - Feb 12 by Deano69

Just running that through my head, Skuse and Fabinho.

I can dream. (get your point though)

Yeah that's why I worded it as "Fabinho's role" rather than like Fabinho, we can dream that one day we will have players we can compare with the top flight.

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 13:16 - Feb 12 with 3263 viewsReuser_is_God

Skuse looks like a old man now, needs to retire.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 13:33 - Feb 12 with 3237 viewsmonty_radio

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 11:44 - Feb 12 by portmanking

I think there's something to that. As the feelgood rhetoric that, in effect keeps ordinary fans at a placatory distance, increases, there is perhaps inward turmoil that nothing is working. So why not try 9 defenders and two attackers as per last night, and hope to nick a goal.

Herbivore would rightly point out that Mick would have got slaughtered for employing such a tactic at sides such as lowly Wimbledon (though I personally would want to underline that he did, and he was).

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 13:33 - Feb 12 with 3234 viewsgoat_man

Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 11:38 - Feb 12 by OsborneOneNil

I must say I've never seen a reason for Skuse. He seems to have been signed 6 years ago, solely to follow a pre-selected opposition midfielder around the pitch for 90mins every game.
Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 13:37 - Feb 12 with 3217 viewsr2d2

Dozzell is too weak. Im surprised he even makes the bench to be honest. Skuse should be on the bench at most. It should always be Downes and Huws/Bishop, trouble is the latter 2 are always in the physio room and not on the pitch.
Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 14:02 - Feb 12 with 3192 viewsNo9

A pedestrian midfielder isn't helping
Biggest question for me last night is why we needed 3 CBs and Skuse on 14:29 - Feb 12 with 3144 viewsBiGDonnie

We've been saying this since 2014. We should replace Lambo!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024