Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager should be easy! 17:07 - Feb 12 with 5063 viewsTerry_Nutkins

We are in a really lucky situation right now if Evans decides to sack Lambert now or end of the season. We are fortunate to have world class options on this forum who will manage the club to potentially back to back promotions at a fraction of the cost.

We'll also get the fruits of selling all our better paid has beens and do it all with all the youths being given their opportunity. Oir style of football regardless of the opposition style and set up will be free flowing and expansive.

History proves that we know the outcome will be much better if we force another experienced and previously successful manager out the door. He is definitely the issue.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Next manager should be easy! on 17:17 - Feb 12 with 4308 viewsJ2BLUE

I'll do it. £0.5m promotion bonus. Work for free if we don't go up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Next manager should be easy! on 17:20 - Feb 12 with 4285 viewsjayessess

At least half the managers in this division are out-performing ours relative to the resources they have.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Next manager should be easy! on 17:26 - Feb 12 with 4240 viewsLankHenners

Oh yeah, forgot about you. How's your 'Lambert was deliberately rotating like mad so he could change to a set formation and storm the 2nd half of the season with well-rested players' theory playing out?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Next manager should be easy! on 17:29 - Feb 12 with 4174 viewsHerbivore

Has Lambert got naked pics of you and Marcus Evans or something? You seem to be the only two people who think he is a capable manager.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Next manager should be easy! on 17:33 - Feb 12 with 4184 viewsBlueBadger

Next manager should be easy! on 17:29 - Feb 12 by Herbivore

Has Lambert got naked pics of you and Marcus Evans or something? You seem to be the only two people who think he is a capable manager.

Well, him and Ipswich Crazy. And let's face it , dear old Crazy isn't the most reliable judge of these things.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Next manager should be easy! on 17:36 - Feb 12 with 4159 viewsjeera

Next manager should be easy! on 17:17 - Feb 12 by J2BLUE

Bargain.

When can you start?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Next manager should be easy! on 17:51 - Feb 12 with 4096 viewsJ2BLUE

Next manager should be easy! on 17:36 - Feb 12 by jeera

Bargain.

When can you start?

May.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Next manager should be easy! on 18:16 - Feb 12 with 3993 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Next manager should be easy! on 17:17 - Feb 12 by J2BLUE

You're in! I wish you well.

Login to get fewer ads

Next manager should be easy! on 18:21 - Feb 12 with 3966 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Next manager should be easy! on 17:26 - Feb 12 by LankHenners

Oh yeah, forgot about you. How's your 'Lambert was deliberately rotating like mad so he could change to a set formation and storm the 2nd half of the season with well-rested players' theory playing out?

Wasn't this 100% right?!

Love how you phrase this "deliberately rotating like mad" rather than just rotating. Yes i think he was always going to move to a settles side after Christmas. I stated this very early in the season and its what he did. I also stated it was a gamble and we'll see if it works.

Really strange that you are asking me how this theory is working out? It's not my system, It's what i thought he was doing. What are you taking issue with and why are you using it as some sort of dis?

Next manager should be easy! on 18:34 - Feb 12 with 3913 viewsLankHenners

Next manager should be easy! on 18:21 - Feb 12 by Terry_Nutkins

Wasn't this 100% right?!

Love how you phrase this "deliberately rotating like mad" rather than just rotating. Yes i think he was always going to move to a settles side after Christmas. I stated this very early in the season and its what he did. I also stated it was a gamble and we'll see if it works.

Really strange that you are asking me how this theory is working out? It's not my system, It's what i thought he was doing. What are you taking issue with and why are you using it as some sort of dis?

It is right, yes, and you waved it in the face of anybody who warned that it was leading us down a dark path. Turns out we were all right.

He wasn't 'just rotating', you said this to defend him even though it pretty clearly wasn't the case (he had to be told by his own players to stop rotating and settle on something), you were telling us all how it was part of a plan which was going to work wonders even though it pretty clearly wasn't and now we're here.

I find the over-positivity and calling people out for being too negative a bit off and a bit cringey to be honest. Bar the odd loon everyone's very solemnly and sensibly discussed the situation we're in. I was being a bit sarcastic as you were so convinced you were right and blindly supporting a lost cause whilst simultaneously criticising anyone for not having Brave New World level forced optimism.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Next manager should be easy! on 18:49 - Feb 12 with 3844 viewsBlueBadger

Let's be fair here, there's a fairly close debate to had in arguing that Roy Keane would be an upgrade on Lambert.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Next manager should be easy! on 19:09 - Feb 12 with 3763 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Next manager should be easy! on 18:34 - Feb 12 by LankHenners

It is right, yes, and you waved it in the face of anybody who warned that it was leading us down a dark path. Turns out we were all right.

He wasn't 'just rotating', you said this to defend him even though it pretty clearly wasn't the case (he had to be told by his own players to stop rotating and settle on something), you were telling us all how it was part of a plan which was going to work wonders even though it pretty clearly wasn't and now we're here.

I find the over-positivity and calling people out for being too negative a bit off and a bit cringey to be honest. Bar the odd loon everyone's very solemnly and sensibly discussed the situation we're in. I was being a bit sarcastic as you were so convinced you were right and blindly supporting a lost cause whilst simultaneously criticising anyone for not having Brave New World level forced optimism.

Sorry but you're just making stuff up. I have a real issue where people just make stuff up to fit their viewpoint.

I defended him only to the extent of stating i think his plan was to move to a more settled side. this proved right. You've absolutely made up a statement about it working wonders. In actual fact i said thinks like its a gamble and we'll see if it pays off. Don't just lie ok?

This was a light hearted thread which some cottoned onto. Not sure why you are so annoyed. You're entire argument is having some sort of go at me for something i said which proves to right. I'm not Paul Lambert, it wasnt MY system.

Next manager should be easy! on 19:27 - Feb 12 with 3696 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Next manager should be easy! on 19:09 - Feb 12 by Terry_Nutkins

Sorry but you're just making stuff up. I have a real issue where people just make stuff up to fit their viewpoint.

I defended him only to the extent of stating i think his plan was to move to a more settled side. this proved right. You've absolutely made up a statement about it working wonders. In actual fact i said thinks like its a gamble and we'll see if it pays off. Don't just lie ok?

This was a light hearted thread which some cottoned onto. Not sure why you are so annoyed. You're entire argument is having some sort of go at me for something i said which proves to right. I'm not Paul Lambert, it wasnt MY system.

You are welcome to go back through my posts btw. Think i'm fairly consistent. An example from Nov 2nd (Copy and paste and not amended):

For what's it's worth, I think he made too many changes on Sat. There are pros and cons to his rotation for sure and doesn't NEED to rotate as much. But He has us top so.He is right so far. Still think his plan will be to settle the team more for run in.

Don't see how i'm waving anything in anyone's face.

Next manager should be easy! on 19:29 - Feb 12 with 3658 viewsHerbivore

It wasn't a plan though. It was him dicking about for months before his captain and his boss told him to pack it in, at which point he stopped. And we're still useless because it transpires that Lambert is completely clueless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Next manager should be easy! on 19:35 - Feb 12 with 3651 viewsDarth_Koont

Next manager should be easy! on 17:26 - Feb 12 by LankHenners

Also a theory where our best players like Downes and Woolfenden have been ever-present and thus will not be well-rested.

Pronouns: He/Him

Next manager should be easy! on 19:35 - Feb 12 with 3651 viewsbraveblue

Sad, dreary post.
Next manager should be easy! on 19:42 - Feb 12 with 3620 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Next manager should be easy! on 19:35 - Feb 12 by braveblue

Sad, dreary post.

:( each to their own. Thought it was more light relief from.all the darkness.

Next manager should be easy! on 22:41 - Feb 12 with 3270 viewsDinnernotTea

Tel! Good to hear from you. I told you he didn't know his arse from his elbow, didn't I?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Next manager should be easy! on 14:09 - Feb 13 with 2915 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Next manager should be easy! on 22:41 - Feb 12 by DinnernotTea

Tel! Good to hear from you. I told you he didn't know his arse from his elbow, didn't I?

Oh here he is. 26% Nonsense man. I cant remember the arse from elbow bit (Disagree) but you did bang on about 26% a lot which remains utterly pointless.

Again i'll remain consistent and we'll judge Lambert on this season. If the season ended 4 games ago we were top and he would be successful. If the season ends today he has failed in my opinion. It doesn't end on either of these dates.

Right now he needs to turn it around and fast! If we dont least make top 6 it will be a failure. It Doesnt make your 26% Nonsense any less stupid. Its judging what we should be judging him on.

Whether we sack or not is another debate. Depends if there really is a long term plan in place etc.

Next manager should be easy! on 14:25 - Feb 13 with 2876 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What he’s posted is correct. As recently as 14th December you posted this saying that you thought this was his plan, but also that you thought the approach will pay dividends as we would wind up fresher than other teams

He has to go by Terry_Nutkins 14 Dec 2019 17:24
I agree on consistency. I've said it all along that I believe Lamberts plan from the start is to rotate up to around Christmas if it keeps working (Its now stopped) bit would then begin to settle into a side for second half of the year which will pay dividends as we should be much fresher then others around us. I'm going to judge him on this and see if that is how it pans out.

Performance today was very different to Cov. Really frustrating but I think our team is still a work in process and i can sort of see what Lambert is trying to do. Evolution i.e. fazing Skuse out for Dozzell etc.

We've stalled now though so I think we'll see some decisive changes. Today was actually quite bold. Makeshift defence has really cost us rather than performance.

By my reckoning he’s also right on the other point re over-positivity too - such as this one. Looking back through your posts the same applies for some players too - see Judge, Alan for example
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 14:26]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Next manager should be easy! on 18:09 - Feb 13 with 2768 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Next manager should be easy! on 14:25 - Feb 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

What he’s posted is correct. As recently as 14th December you posted this saying that you thought this was his plan, but also that you thought the approach will pay dividends as we would wind up fresher than other teams

He has to go by Terry_Nutkins 14 Dec 2019 17:24
I agree on consistency. I've said it all along that I believe Lamberts plan from the start is to rotate up to around Christmas if it keeps working (Its now stopped) bit would then begin to settle into a side for second half of the year which will pay dividends as we should be much fresher then others around us. I'm going to judge him on this and see if that is how it pans out.

Performance today was very different to Cov. Really frustrating but I think our team is still a work in process and i can sort of see what Lambert is trying to do. Evolution i.e. fazing Skuse out for Dozzell etc.

We've stalled now though so I think we'll see some decisive changes. Today was actually quite bold. Makeshift defence has really cost us rather than performance.

By my reckoning he’s also right on the other point re over-positivity too - such as this one. Looking back through your posts the same applies for some players too - see Judge, Alan for example
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 14:26]

He's not right. I've been quite consistent on what i think Lamberts plan is and i think that has been right. The below is maybe slightly clumsy worded but i stand by i'll judge him on if it pans out.

I can accept an opinion that i've been over-positive as that is an opinion. I think ive tries to be more balanced. So many on here only have an opinion after things have gone a bit wrong. When we sat top 4 games ago i didnt see people making blanket statements of praise! 4 games later he's awful and useless.

If we dont make top 6 minimum its failure and their a decision to be made.

Next manager should be easy! on 20:48 - Feb 13 with 2688 viewsDinnernotTea

Next manager should be easy! on 14:09 - Feb 13 by Terry_Nutkins

Oh here he is. 26% Nonsense man. I cant remember the arse from elbow bit (Disagree) but you did bang on about 26% a lot which remains utterly pointless.

Again i'll remain consistent and we'll judge Lambert on this season. If the season ended 4 games ago we were top and he would be successful. If the season ends today he has failed in my opinion. It doesn't end on either of these dates.

Right now he needs to turn it around and fast! If we dont least make top 6 it will be a failure. It Doesnt make your 26% Nonsense any less stupid. Its judging what we should be judging him on.

Whether we sack or not is another debate. Depends if there really is a long term plan in place etc.

You silly sod, it's actually 27%. 27%!!!!!

Twenty seven. And you still go fishing for some.

Mind that tail, chap.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Next manager should be easy! on 23:22 - Feb 13 with 2537 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Next manager should be easy! on 20:48 - Feb 13 by DinnernotTea

You silly sod, it's actually 27%. 27%!!!!!

Twenty seven. And you still go fishing for some.

Mind that tail, chap.

You've recalculated. I'm impressed

Next manager should be easy! on 23:31 - Feb 13 with 2511 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

It’s a really strange post, and I presume you’ve been at the whiskey tonight?

Whilst I understand your theory about rotating the players to allow them to be fresher coming into this stage of the season. However.....

We went on a run of not winning in 15 during the rotation saga, now we have settled, and we still aren’t winning, please explain to me your positivity surround that?

I’d use the term previously successful very loosely, it was around a decade ago now and the facts on his CV would actually suggest he has been anything but success in previous times, 3 relegations out of his last 5 jobs I believe.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Next manager should be easy! on 11:33 - Feb 14 with 2321 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Next manager should be easy! on 23:31 - Feb 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

It’s a really strange post, and I presume you’ve been at the whiskey tonight?

Whilst I understand your theory about rotating the players to allow them to be fresher coming into this stage of the season. However.....

We went on a run of not winning in 15 during the rotation saga, now we have settled, and we still aren’t winning, please explain to me your positivity surround that?

I’d use the term previously successful very loosely, it was around a decade ago now and the facts on his CV would actually suggest he has been anything but success in previous times, 3 relegations out of his last 5 jobs I believe.

I think you've got confused about posts that were written a while ago and linked on this thread.The stuff about rotation were old posts where i was just saying i think Lambert will move to a settled side later in season which he did.

If you go through a lot of my older posts i said i think his plan was to finish the season strong. The fact that we aren't means it isn't working. I'm not feeling positive aboit that at all. Its gutting.

Lambert has taken tough jobs. I've posted his stats previously and they are actually not bad other than Stoke and that was loads of draws. Stoke fans actually rated him.

anyway this whole thread has moved into something else. Was just a bit of parody. We've been here before a bit. For the record Keane and Hurst i was glad to see the back of. But Lambert is not the awful manager he is made out to be. A bit like Mick but Mick was actually an excellent football manager.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024