Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus is in London now. 18:24 - Feb 12 with 4727 viewsSitfcB

#GettingCloser

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Coronavirus is in London now. on 18:26 - Feb 12 with 4316 viewsBlueBadger

We've tested at least a dozen people for it at *redacted* hospital this last week or so.
It'll probably kill fewer people in this country than 'real' flu, winter vomiting and the government's austerity policies will this year.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2020 18:30]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Coronavirus is in London now. on 18:31 - Feb 12 with 4260 viewsBlueBadger

Coronavirus is in London now. on 18:26 - Feb 12 by BlueBadger

We've tested at least a dozen people for it at *redacted* hospital this last week or so.
It'll probably kill fewer people in this country than 'real' flu, winter vomiting and the government's austerity policies will this year.

Meanwhile, the Efficient Private Sector, in the form of 111 franchises are doing their bit to ensure good infection control.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/nhs-111-still-directing-patients-with-potential

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Coronavirus is in London now. on 08:20 - Feb 13 with 3956 viewsStokieBlue

Coronavirus is in London now. on 18:26 - Feb 12 by BlueBadger

This is very likely to be true but it's worth noting that the r0 of Covid19 is higher than that of flu so that's why they are worried because it could spread quickly if it gets a foothold.

You are right to apply context using flu though.

I see China are getting more realistic, sacked the regional leaders and suddenly instead of cases dropping daily they go up 20000 in one day. Likely still a huge underestimate.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Coronavirus is in London now. on 08:24 - Feb 13 with 3951 viewsElephantintheRoom

The thing is with something 'new'...it might well have been here for some time. symptoms by and large are man-flu like.

Once you start looking for these things you tend to find them.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Coronavirus is in London now. on 08:34 - Feb 13 with 3933 viewsStokieBlue

Coronavirus is in London now. on 08:24 - Feb 13 by ElephantintheRoom

The thing is with something 'new'...it might well have been here for some time. symptoms by and large are man-flu like.

Another day, another post devoid of knowledge from you.

SB

Coronavirus is in London now. on 08:51 - Feb 13 with 3897 viewsElephantintheRoom

Coronavirus is in London now. on 08:34 - Feb 13 by StokieBlue

Another day, another post devoid of knowledge from you.

SB

Hmmm - you need to look in the mirror - and I suggest you engage your brain before making a fool of yourself.

Coronavirus is in London now. on 08:54 - Feb 13 with 3891 viewsmonytowbray

I’ll bring some with me on Saturday if you want? Put us all out of our misery.

Can’t lose a game if it spreads to the entire football league.

Also, the press are milking this so hard. Fear sells I guess.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Coronavirus is in London now. on 09:04 - Feb 13 with 3869 viewsStokieBlue

Coronavirus is in London now. on 08:51 - Feb 13 by ElephantintheRoom

Hmmm - you need to look in the mirror - and I suggest you engage your brain before making a fool of yourself.

Well my post is factually correct, yours is nonsense as is your paradigm.

The people can decide.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Coronavirus is in London now. on 09:10 - Feb 13 with 3852 viewsDeano69

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Coronavirus is in London now. on 09:10 - Feb 13 with 3850 viewsfooters

Coronavirus is in London now. on 08:24 - Feb 13 by ElephantintheRoom

It's always in the last place you look.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Coronavirus is in London now. on 09:12 - Feb 13 with 3843 viewsmonytowbray

Coronavirus is in London now. on 09:04 - Feb 13 by StokieBlue

Well my post is factually correct, yours is nonsense as is your paradigm.

The people can decide.

SB

Also "look in the mirror" is my line COPYRIGHT CALLIS TWTD 2016.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Coronavirus is in London now. on 13:38 - Feb 13 with 3724 viewsjeera

Naturally the best way to contain it is to show up at A&E by taxi:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/13/london-coronavirus-patient-turned-

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Coronavirus is in London now. on 14:34 - Feb 13 with 3678 viewsOxford_Blue

So is seasonal flu and has been every year.
Coronavirus is in London now. on 14:36 - Feb 13 with 3673 viewsDebsyAngel

Coronavirus is in London now. on 13:38 - Feb 13 by jeera

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/13/london-coronavirus-patient-turned-

What a stupid, selfish idiot. There are clear guidelines on what to do. What about the poor driver and others who used the taxi after?
Coronavirus is in London now. on 15:06 - Feb 13 with 3649 viewsStokieBlue

Coronavirus is in London now. on 14:34 - Feb 13 by Oxford_Blue

So is seasonal flu and has been every year.

I don't understand this comparison.

Seasonal Flu is bad but the whole idea is to stop the spread of this disease so it doesn't get as bad. It's got a higher r0 than seasonal flu with approximately the same mortality. If it gets out it's likely it will kill more people simply from the fact more people will contract it.

SB

Coronavirus is in London now. on 15:24 - Feb 13 with 3631 viewsSwansea_Blue

Coronavirus is in London now. on 13:38 - Feb 13 by jeera

I'd have thought taking the tube and then a bus would be cheaper.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Coronavirus is in London now. on 17:40 - Feb 13 with 3573 viewsjeera

Coronavirus is in London now. on 15:24 - Feb 13 by Swansea_Blue

I'd have thought taking the tube and then a bus would be cheaper.

Some people have no idea how to start a pandemic.

Clearly.

Coronavirus is in London now. on 22:10 - Feb 13 with 3514 viewsOldsmoker

BBC4 showed 'Contagion @ The BBC4 Pandemic' on Tuesday night.
It's a repeat of a show from some years back.
It's a very interesting experiment on how a virus can spread. They simulated it by using a mobile phone app and the phones GPS location.
From just ONE infected person just about all cities in the UK are infected within 40 days with a reach of 70%+ of the population coming in contact with an infected person.
You can probably watch it on iplayer.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Coronavirus is in London now. on 22:32 - Feb 13 with 3465 viewsWeWereZombies

Coronavirus is in London now. on 14:36 - Feb 13 by DebsyAngel

What a stupid, selfish idiot. There are clear guidelines on what to do. What about the poor driver and others who used the taxi after?

Being Chinese she may not have been able to read the guidelines or simply not have accessed the media that you and I might showing the guidelines.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Coronavirus is in London now. on 22:38 - Feb 13 with 3450 viewsjeera

Coronavirus is in London now. on 22:32 - Feb 13 by WeWereZombies

Being Chinese she may not have been able to read the guidelines or simply not have accessed the media that you and I might showing the guidelines.

There is that but there is also stupidity much of the time.

Nationality aside, most people know if they're not well it's usually because they've caught it from somewhere and so in turn they might also be contagious.

When driving, I had on two separate occasions, women get into my car with their disease ridden children; Chicken Pox! I've never had it and don't bloomin' want it now.

Some people honestly seem to think taxi drivers and health workers are in some way exempt from catching their illnesses.

Coronavirus is in London now. on 09:49 - Feb 14 with 3335 viewsElephantintheRoom

Coronavirus is in London now. on 22:38 - Feb 13 by jeera

There is that but there is also stupidity much of the time.

Nationality aside, most people know if they're not well it's usually because they've caught it from somewhere and so in turn they might also be contagious.

When driving, I had on two separate occasions, women get into my car with their disease ridden children; Chicken Pox! I've never had it and don't bloomin' want it now.

Some people honestly seem to think taxi drivers and health workers are in some way exempt from catching their illnesses.

That would include the NHS would it not?

My in-laws were discharged via taxi from addenbrookes on a saturday night after a car accident and i was woken at 3am by a taxi driver who had two elderly people in his car neither of whom could get out of said car.... and when we prised them out it became apparent both were in too much pain to stand, let alone walk.

My mother in law had a fractured hip and my father in law had a broken bone in his foot and a chipped vertebra. Nust have been a busy night in A&E

Coronavirus is in London now. on 09:56 - Feb 14 with 3320 viewsStokieBlue

Coronavirus is in London now. on 09:49 - Feb 14 by ElephantintheRoom

That would include the NHS would it not?

My in-laws were discharged via taxi from addenbrookes on a saturday night after a car accident and i was woken at 3am by a taxi driver who had two elderly people in his car neither of whom could get out of said car.... and when we prised them out it became apparent both were in too much pain to stand, let alone walk.

My mother in law had a fractured hip and my father in law had a broken bone in his foot and a chipped vertebra. Nust have been a busy night in A&E

That's awful but a totally different subject as you know.

They weren't contagious and weren't going to spread something around the population.

SB

Coronavirus is in London now. on 10:05 - Feb 14 with 3303 viewsElderGrizzly

Coronavirus is in London now. on 08:20 - Feb 13 by StokieBlue

This is very likely to be true but it's worth noting that the r0 of Covid19 is higher than that of flu so that's why they are worried because it could spread quickly if it gets a foothold.

You are right to apply context using flu though.

I see China are getting more realistic, sacked the regional leaders and suddenly instead of cases dropping daily they go up 20000 in one day. Likely still a huge underestimate.

SB

Intra-Government estimates put it at near 400,000 as the real figure
Coronavirus is in London now. on 10:13 - Feb 14 with 3284 viewsDebsyAngel

Coronavirus is in London now. on 22:32 - Feb 13 by WeWereZombies

Surely thought she could read signs written in English, and must have looked up which hospital to go to and to call a Uber driver. Or what telephone number to call? There must have been warnings and guidelines on the flight she was on too
Coronavirus is in London now. on 10:15 - Feb 14 with 3281 viewsStokieBlue

Coronavirus is in London now. on 10:05 - Feb 14 by ElderGrizzly

Intra-Government estimates put it at near 400,000 as the real figure

Academic estimates are around the same I believe but more worrying are the projections based on flights taken out of China.

For instance, Indonesia claims it has 0 cases but the analysis predicts 5000-10000 at least.

Some governments just aren't forthcoming with information. I see the US have had a pop at China today for not being transparent enough. They added war time conditions to 14 more cities I believe.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024