Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! 21:48 - Feb 12 with 5620 viewsCoco

jesus!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:00 - Feb 12 with 5222 viewsDubtractor

We gave Kenlock a 3 year deal in the Summer, even though Lambert clearly doesn't rate him at all.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:01 - Feb 12 with 5211 viewssparks

No problem with that- has a knock. hopefully back soon.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:05 - Feb 12 with 5189 viewsCoco

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:01 - Feb 12 by sparks

hopefully add to his 4 games this season. waste of a wage.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:05 - Feb 12 with 5175 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Adeyemi got a 2 year one too.

Someone got a 5 year one but can't recall who. Not sure anyone has mentioned it lately either.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:07 - Feb 12 with 5156 viewsSitfcB

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:01 - Feb 12 by sparks

Back soon for a game or two and then injured again.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:10 - Feb 12 with 5143 viewsCoco

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:07 - Feb 12 by SitfcB

Back soon for a game or two and then injured again.

ssshhhh can't say that!

Listening the Crouch podcast and he was apparently only missed seven games through injury in his whole career. remarkable. He also said a lot of players are quite weak minded and will take every little knock as an injury. Thought of our beautiful Bish.

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:21 - Feb 12 with 5048 viewspatrickswell

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:05 - Feb 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Adeyemi got a 2 year one too.

Someone got a 5 year one but can't recall who. Not sure anyone has mentioned it lately either.

In fairness, Adeyemi had played quite consistently before he came to us.
We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:32 - Feb 12 with 4986 viewssparks

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:10 - Feb 12 by Coco

ssshhhh can't say that!

Listening the Crouch podcast and he was apparently only missed seven games through injury in his whole career. remarkable. He also said a lot of players are quite weak minded and will take every little knock as an injury. Thought of our beautiful Bish.

Bishop has clearly had genuinely significant and crippling injuries....

Trust me- fecked knee ligaments are no fun and have nothing to do with mental strength!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 09:11 - Feb 13 with 4399 viewsagentp

It was done to stop those moaning about him having a 2-year deal, from moaning that we didn't offer him a 2-year deal when he signs for Derby on a free.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 09:52 - Feb 13 with 4296 viewsChurchman

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:32 - Feb 12 by sparks

Bishop has clearly had genuinely significant and crippling injuries....

Trust me- fecked knee ligaments are no fun and have nothing to do with mental strength!

Interestingly David McGoldrick made 45 appearances for Sheffield Utd last season, 19 this. This is a greater percentage than any season at ITFC and he is 32. That suggests their handling of players/injuries is far better. Given how appalling ITFC is as a club in every respect now, that would make sense. Add in McGoldrick’s comments about the difference in expectations between the two clubs, is this a factor in people like Bishop spending their time shining their rears on the treatment table? Some players may not be too bothered. Richard Wright appeared perfectly happy to spend 10 years shining his on the subs bench and picking up the cash and who can blame him?

I guess I am putting two and two together to make fifteen and being overly cynical, but elements of my suspicions are worth a thought.
We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 09:55 - Feb 13 with 4277 viewsartsbossbeard

Do you have Garbage's "I'm only happy when it rains" playing on loop in your house?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 09:55 - Feb 13 with 4275 viewsfooters

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 09:52 - Feb 13 by Churchman

Interestingly David McGoldrick made 45 appearances for Sheffield Utd last season, 19 this. This is a greater percentage than any season at ITFC and he is 32. That suggests their handling of players/injuries is far better. Given how appalling ITFC is as a club in every respect now, that would make sense. Add in McGoldrick’s comments about the difference in expectations between the two clubs, is this a factor in people like Bishop spending their time shining their rears on the treatment table? Some players may not be too bothered. Richard Wright appeared perfectly happy to spend 10 years shining his on the subs bench and picking up the cash and who can blame him?

I guess I am putting two and two together to make fifteen and being overly cynical, but elements of my suspicions are worth a thought.

Oh good, we're back to players feigning injury again.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 10:07 - Feb 13 with 4225 viewsHerbivore

I thought you'd be happy once Mick had gone. I was wrong.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 10:11 - Feb 13 with 4208 viewsElephantintheRoom

You may be doing Plug an injustice... he went on every European tour with Man City as a non-playing Brit making £250,000 a year to help them beat the system.

The gravy train only stopped rolling last year I think?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 10:15 - Feb 13 with 4180 viewsHerbivore

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 10:11 - Feb 13 by ElephantintheRoom

You may be doing Plug an injustice... he went on every European tour with Man City as a non-playing Brit making £250,000 a year to help them beat the system.

The gravy train only stopped rolling last year I think?

I think he's their goalkeeping coach and has been for a while now.

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 10:19 - Feb 13 with 4158 viewsCaptMickMills

Good. Bishop is worth the punt. Totally agree with that decision.

Town would have been criticised if only one year and he had played well and gone for nothing.
We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 10:45 - Feb 13 with 4093 viewsKieran_Knows

He's fit for this weekend mind ....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 10:58 - Feb 13 with 4051 viewsPecker

You would need to look at our training programme or the players wiliness to play through the pain threshold. I do not know Teddy, nor do I know the extent of his injuries, but I would question his desire to play. I fully understand that injuries effect different people differently, but I wonder how injured he is or has been in the past. If his injuries are all genuine and are stopping him from playing, then our training programme has to be better suited towards him. I am sure they are doing this anyway, but it ain't working. If fit and in form, still our most talented player. Worth giving him the contract, as long as we get game time out of him.
We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 11:43 - Feb 13 with 3983 viewsjayessess

It would surprise me if this was the case. Even if a player isn't bothered about Ipswich Town succeeding or not, few of the players at our club wouldn't benefit personally from having a brilliant season.

Take Bishop. He's 23 now and will be 25 when his next contract expires. His injury problems already likely mean the contract he signed last year was less lucrative than his previous one and he'll have taken a further pay cut to drop to League One. If he spends the entirety of this contract injured or sat on our bench, he's unlikely to get another. If he plays brilliantly for a season and a half, it'll be the making of his career.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 14:15 - Feb 13 with 3822 viewsrfretwell

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 11:43 - Feb 13 by jayessess

It would surprise me if this was the case. Even if a player isn't bothered about Ipswich Town succeeding or not, few of the players at our club wouldn't benefit personally from having a brilliant season.

Take Bishop. He's 23 now and will be 25 when his next contract expires. His injury problems already likely mean the contract he signed last year was less lucrative than his previous one and he'll have taken a further pay cut to drop to League One. If he spends the entirety of this contract injured or sat on our bench, he's unlikely to get another. If he plays brilliantly for a season and a half, it'll be the making of his career.

The club needs to take tough decisions urgently - we are bloated with injury prone and useless players. Get rid. Starting with Wilson ( totally unreliable passer of the ball) Bishop ( 50 games in 5 seasons!!!). Kenlock ( clearly not rated). We have 4 strikers and none have any aerial presence. At least one has to go so we can bring in a Murphy type.
We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 14:41 - Feb 13 with 3779 viewsChurchman

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 10:15 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

I think he's their goalkeeping coach and has been for a while now.

The amount of time he spent watching others play, he should at least know what he’s looking at. That and telling them how to avoid piles and what end of the bench to sit to avoid drafts.

On a serious note, he actually made 240 appearances 1995-2001 for ITFC and 139 2001-2016, 59 of which were for ITFC. An interesting career balance though I seem to remember he started getting injuries.
We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 14:55 - Feb 13 with 3754 viewsjayessess

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 14:15 - Feb 13 by rfretwell

The club needs to take tough decisions urgently - we are bloated with injury prone and useless players. Get rid. Starting with Wilson ( totally unreliable passer of the ball) Bishop ( 50 games in 5 seasons!!!). Kenlock ( clearly not rated). We have 4 strikers and none have any aerial presence. At least one has to go so we can bring in a Murphy type.

I'm always puzzled by these "GET RID OF [X,Y and Z UNWANTED PLAYERS".
Keane is contracted until this Summer. Bishop, Sears, Jackson and Wilson are contracted until Summer 2021, Kenlock and Norwood until Summer 2022. We can only get rid of them if another club wants them and is prepared to pay at least the same wages we are.

This isn't a video game, we can't just wave our hands and reconstruct the squad as we please.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 15:12 - Feb 13 with 3720 viewsbazgammon

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 22:00 - Feb 12 by Dubtractor

We gave Kenlock a 3 year deal in the Summer, even though Lambert clearly doesn't rate him at all.

He extended Emmanuel's and then let him go for free to Bolton. Then we need cover at right wing back...

Poll: Lambert

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 15:12 - Feb 13 with 3720 viewsrfretwell

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 14:55 - Feb 13 by jayessess

I'm always puzzled by these "GET RID OF [X,Y and Z UNWANTED PLAYERS".
Keane is contracted until this Summer. Bishop, Sears, Jackson and Wilson are contracted until Summer 2021, Kenlock and Norwood until Summer 2022. We can only get rid of them if another club wants them and is prepared to pay at least the same wages we are.

This isn't a video game, we can't just wave our hands and reconstruct the squad as we please.

We can circulate to clubs that we are making them available and take it from there. Shape up or ship them out - Pep did it with Joe Hart. It might wake a few of them up even! I'm not happy to stand through atrocious first half hoof ball as on Tuesday night. Our standards must be raised somehow.
We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 15:22 - Feb 13 with 3701 viewsHerbivore

We gave Bishop a TWO year deal?! on 15:12 - Feb 13 by rfretwell

We can circulate to clubs that we are making them available and take it from there. Shape up or ship them out - Pep did it with Joe Hart. It might wake a few of them up even! I'm not happy to stand through atrocious first half hoof ball as on Tuesday night. Our standards must be raised somehow.

Joe Hart was an England international goalie, he was hardly the kind of deadwood you're thinking we can easily offload.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024