Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is the scariest person you've ever met? 11:25 - Feb 13 with 12010 viewshampstead_blue

This week I met someone who has got two confirmed knife kills in the recent Afghan trouble. Proper hand to hand stuff, not the thing of film and fake SAS stuff (Chris Ryan), He did it after he'd had one of his calf muscles half shot off with an AK-47.

Thing is, when I met him I thought 'you are one properly hard bloke'.

Edit.
Just found out he was MI5 and his hobby is krav maga!
One bloke to be stood behind when it all goes pear shaped.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 15:58]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:27 - Feb 13 with 6710 viewsOldsmoker

I didn't hang around to ask him his name. I just legged it.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:30 - Feb 13 with 6680 viewsartsbossbeard

My ex.

Full on nutter.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:38 - Feb 13 with 6631 viewsm14_blue

My mother in law
Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:42 - Feb 13 with 6623 viewsfooters

Steve Wright, aka the Suffolk Strangler, when he was the landlord of the Ferryboat pub in Nodge. Like most serial killers, seemed like a lovely chap. And then we saw the news...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:45 - Feb 13 with 6600 viewsmonytowbray

After uni I did a brief stint as a trolley dolly on trains. I was on the Portsmouth to Cardiff route and occasionally you'd get freshly released cons who were going from Salisbury to Bristol where there was some kind of ex offender accommodation.

One morning, I met this well chavvy bloke, tanked as they come, who insisted on sitting at the back near me and telling me about how he'd just got out for 8 years on manslaughter after killing a bloke with a bottle. He made sure to tell me he did it intentionally and got off on the lighter charge.

He then started whinging about the cost of a bag of crisps and I thought he might end me.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:46 - Feb 13 with 6577 viewsmonytowbray

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:42 - Feb 13 by footers

Steve Wright, aka the Suffolk Strangler, when he was the landlord of the Ferryboat pub in Nodge. Like most serial killers, seemed like a lovely chap. And then we saw the news...

Is there evidence now that he was without-a-shadow-of-a-doubt guilty? I've not heard much about it since that documentary they did with his ex partner who insisted he was innocent.

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time the police wrongly convicted someone to put a community at ease because the profile could fit.

TWTD never forgets…

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:48 - Feb 13 with 6556 viewsbaxterbasics

I once was acquainted with a Glaswegian chap who claimed to have served time after he cut off the legs (with an axe) of someone, after said amputee had assaulted his sister. Never verified it was true but it was plausible. Never felt scared though as he seemed to like me and I wasn't going anywhere near his sister.

Also, I didn't exactly 'meet' but happened to find myself in close proximity to George Galloway (in parliament), and later the same evening Gerry Adams* (Westminster Tube).

Interestingly, I got a really creepy and evil vibe from Galloway. Adams just came across as another bloke in a suit.

*It's quite possible it was just a chap who really looks a lot like Gerry Adams, but there was no mistaking Gorgeous George.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:50 - Feb 13 with 6540 viewsmonytowbray

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:48 - Feb 13 by baxterbasics

I once was acquainted with a Glaswegian chap who claimed to have served time after he cut off the legs (with an axe) of someone, after said amputee had assaulted his sister. Never verified it was true but it was plausible. Never felt scared though as he seemed to like me and I wasn't going anywhere near his sister.

Also, I didn't exactly 'meet' but happened to find myself in close proximity to George Galloway (in parliament), and later the same evening Gerry Adams* (Westminster Tube).

Interestingly, I got a really creepy and evil vibe from Galloway. Adams just came across as another bloke in a suit.

*It's quite possible it was just a chap who really looks a lot like Gerry Adams, but there was no mistaking Gorgeous George.

I won't be arguing with Glassers about politics anymore then...

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:50 - Feb 13 with 6535 viewsfooters

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:46 - Feb 13 by monytowbray

Is there evidence now that he was without-a-shadow-of-a-doubt guilty? I've not heard much about it since that documentary they did with his ex partner who insisted he was innocent.

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time the police wrongly convicted someone to put a community at ease because the profile could fit.

I suppose serving life for killing five prostitutes means there was some evidence that he was guilty. Never heard anything otherwise. Also interesting that the Ferryboat is on King St, which as any fule no is the red light district of Nodge. Could be many more unsolved cases there...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:52 - Feb 13 with 6515 viewsGeoffSentence

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:46 - Feb 13 by monytowbray

Was there more to the innocence claims than 'his mrs said so'?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:58 - Feb 13 with 6462 viewsmonytowbray

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:50 - Feb 13 by footers

I suppose serving life for killing five prostitutes means there was some evidence that he was guilty. Never heard anything otherwise. Also interesting that the Ferryboat is on King St, which as any fule no is the red light district of Nodge. Could be many more unsolved cases there...

I see he's been appealing up until 2016 at the earliest. Something just doesn't sit right there for me from what I remember of the case. It doesn't surprise DNA evidence of a man who admitted to using said sex workers would be found. He's been using sex workers since the 80s and suddenly decided to go and kill 5 (3 of which he was a regular of) in the space of two weeks? Not your typical pattern of a serial killer.

TWTD never forgets…

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 12:00 - Feb 13 with 6451 viewsmonytowbray

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:52 - Feb 13 by GeoffSentence

Was there more to the innocence claims than 'his mrs said so'?

See my above post.

I should clarify I don't have the answer, but it certainly has the makings of a potential wrong conviction in there.

TWTD never forgets…

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 12:02 - Feb 13 with 6437 viewshomer_123

Sadly, very sadly, a woman who, clearly, suffered major personality disorders.

Ended up being sectioned and, I believe, will never be released back into the community.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 12:04 - Feb 13 with 6410 viewsbaxterbasics

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:50 - Feb 13 by monytowbray

I won't be arguing with Glassers about politics anymore then...

Actually the more I think about it the more examples I am remembering from my time living in or near Glasgow. One particularly nice gentleman, on the day of an Orange Order march, refused to let me on a bus, telling me he would slit my throat if I moved, on the basis that I was 'a devil worshipping bastid'. He was holding some kind of metal object in his hand but it was obscured, could have been a knife could have been a spoon.

I didn't get on that bus. Neither the driver or the other passenger getting on could give less of a crap.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 12:06 - Feb 13 with 6406 viewsWeWereZombies

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:50 - Feb 13 by footers

The last time I checked on this the verdict had come down on him because of 'highly circumstantial' evidence. Now, if you wanted to fit someone up wouldn't you make sure that a great deal of highly circumstantial evidence was in place? There again such suspicions do make feel a bit full on conspiracy theorist and no doubt the police investigation took account of any possible attempts to frame him. Be interesting if he ever gets his case to appeal.

Addressing the OP - a guard (not sure if he was police or military as there was an element of plain clothes about him) on a road over a dam in Jordan. He was giving our taxi driver a hard time and i (in the passenger front seat) turned to give him my best reassuring 'look we are British and utterly decent, old chap' smile. The dispassionately cold stare accompanied by a strange element of glittering gold to the colour of his irises froze that idea in an instant.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 12:10 - Feb 13 with 6385 viewsflimflam

Used to play in a team that had an ex Israeli special forces chap playing.

Lovely lovely guy but you just wouldn't go there.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 12:15 - Feb 13 with 6348 viewsIllinoisblue

Once briefly met geezer Dave Courtney through a work event. He was well behaved and not scary though.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 12:19 - Feb 13 with 6311 viewsBent_double

Jeremy Corbyn.......pure evil that man.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 12:28 - Feb 13 with 6268 viewshampstead_blue

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 12:10 - Feb 13 by flimflam

Used to play in a team that had an ex Israeli special forces chap playing.

Lovely lovely guy but you just wouldn't go there.

Exactly.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 12:49 - Feb 13 with 6187 viewsPendejo

I would consider scary to be someone who is unpredictable with extreme violent tendencies that make you fear for yourself just being within 50 yards of them.

Have been in the presence of such people in various places [Moss Side / Hulme, Toxteth, Northern Ireland, USA, Colombia] but actually met... Frankie Fraser, even though he was by then a little old man, I just agreed with him and hoped to get away from him as soon as possible.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 13:05 - Feb 13 with 6125 viewsEdwardStone

Out on the lash in a small non-tourist town in Turkey

A waiter at the hotel wanted to improve his conversational English....loads of free booze with my meal and then a trip out on the town with him, several bars and then ended up in a nightclub

We were joined there by a couple of his mates...including a tall heavy looking dude in a full length Gestapo style long leather coat

A small town Turkish nightclub is not really like anything I had ever experienced, it mainly consisted of sitting at a table with all my male companions and drinking.... a nearby table of local lovelies sat at a nearby table, looking across at us, waving and giggling.

Apparently the correct protocol was not to talk to them, buy them a drink or engage with them in any normal way. The only way forward was to get a basket of fruit sent to their table.....so a basket of fruit was duly dispatched to them

Random bloke on the next table went ballistic....he had been eyeing them up for ages and had already donated some fruit and obviously felt that my small punnet containing 3 mandarins, a few grapes and a ropey looking apple was an insult to him and had completely undermined him.

He came over to me in a rage...veins on forehead bulging and pure evil in his eyes....who new that your 5-a-day could spark so much fury

Things were looking decidedly iffy until the tall leather coat man stood up and got between me and Mr Angry. A couple of seconds later Mr Angry's face turned ashen....his demeanour changed to humble and scared. He grabbed his coat and fled.

I asked Mr Waiter what had happened....He explained that Leather Coat was an off-duty cop and had pulled his gun on the troublemaker and threatened to kill him right there

" But surely he wouldn't do that? " I asked

Waiter shrugged.... "He killed two last year....why not?"

I bought leather coat man a beer....and fled
Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 13:21 - Feb 13 with 6030 viewsjeera

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 12:00 - Feb 13 by monytowbray

See my above post.

I should clarify I don't have the answer, but it certainly has the makings of a potential wrong conviction in there.

Supt. Gull who headed the investigation turned his family home into an operations centre for that case.

He lived and breathed the investigation and was on it day and night and was known to be meticulous throughout.

If you have some information you think he may have missed or that the police should know about, you really should be coming forward rather than speculating online on something so sensitive.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 13:25 - Feb 13 with 6014 viewsLord_Lucan

Well there was this bloke I had an involuntary beer with in Bratislava who was a bit full on.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 13:30 - Feb 13 with 5985 viewsBLUEBEAT

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 11:42 - Feb 13 by footers

Probably same for me.

We used to DJ in that long back room that led down to the Wensum.

Just seemed like your regular amiable old-school pub landlord.

Though the pub was dead-centre in the Nodge red light district...

Poll: W or W

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 13:52 - Feb 13 with 5894 viewsmonytowbray

Who is the scariest person you've ever met? on 13:21 - Feb 13 by jeera

Supt. Gull who headed the investigation turned his family home into an operations centre for that case.

He lived and breathed the investigation and was on it day and night and was known to be meticulous throughout.

If you have some information you think he may have missed or that the police should know about, you really should be coming forward rather than speculating online on something so sensitive.

I don't have evidence, and I believe I specified above I don't know the answer. Just seems odd he would still appeal and declare his innocence to this day and I still haven't seen a publicly stated link on how the DNA proved he'd committed murder considering he admitted to visiting said prostitutes.

The majority of serial killers throughout recent history had long histories of violence or suspect behaviour, and their killings often spread considerably. Although it may be possible Wright, if guilty, could have committed past murders, but it's very rare any serial killer suddenly murders 5 people out of no where in the space of 2 weeks, and it's also rare serial killers kill those they know (often victims are random which is why the cases are much harder to crack).

I'm just saying I still have my doubts he's guilty and will do until I see something that convinces me otherwise. It wouldn't be the first time a murder(s) has been pinned on the wrong people due to lose evidence, incompetence or purely to get a name to the crime and put a community at ease. Far from.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 13:54]

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024