Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sajid Javid is gone 12:00 - Feb 13 with 22799 viewstractordownsouth

There are reports that it's because he and Cummings fell out and wanted to sack all of Javid's SpAds. Glad we got rid of the influence of unelected burueacrats!
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 14:03]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sajid Javid is gone on 11:19 - Feb 15 with 4707 viewsvapour_trail

Sajid Javid is gone on 11:14 - Feb 15 by r2d2

Time to get tough. This country has been soft for far too long. Its about time we stood up and said enough is enough. Still wringing your hands over brexit no doubt ?!

You’ve had this inconsistency explained to you about a dozen times in this thread without answering the question.

Droids are supposed to add intelligence. I feel you may have malfunctioned. You appear to be a little bit dim.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Sajid Javid is gone on 11:26 - Feb 15 with 4693 viewstractordownsouth

Time to get tough. This country has been soft for far too long. Its about time we stood up and said enough is enough. Still wringing your hands over brexit no doubt ?!

You're deliberstely missing the point... No one is saying we shouldn't stand up to criminals, it's about how we do it.

Do you think criminals should be kept in the country they commit the crimes or their country of origin? Or does it not matter when it comes to Britain, we should have special exceptions, ' get rid' and absolve ourselves of responsibility.

It doesn't make people safer, if you deport criminals somewhere else you're deporting the crime somewhere else. People will still get hurt.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sajid Javid is gone on 11:56 - Feb 15 with 4656 viewsr2d2

Sajid Javid is gone on 11:19 - Feb 15 by vapour_trail

You’ve had this inconsistency explained to you about a dozen times in this thread without answering the question.

Droids are supposed to add intelligence. I feel you may have malfunctioned. You appear to be a little bit dim.

No inconsistency. I stand by what l say. There is no place for her here anymore. She isnt a UK citizen.
Sajid Javid is gone on 12:03 - Feb 15 with 4646 viewsDarth_Koont

Sajid Javid is gone on 11:56 - Feb 15 by r2d2

No inconsistency. I stand by what l say. There is no place for her here anymore. She isnt a UK citizen.

Well, quite a lot of inconsistency actually.

If the state decides citizenship on its own terms (and whether it chooses to take responsibility or not) then there's a decent argument that it's not serving the people but the people are serving it. That's a dangerous and slippery slope towards an authoritarian government.

It's 2020 and we deserve far more honesty, integrity and responsibility from a UK government worthy of the name.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sajid Javid is gone on 12:17 - Feb 15 with 4640 viewsRyorry

Sajid Javid is gone on 09:43 - Feb 15 by r2d2

She ceased being our responsibility when she chose to go out there.

She was a minor, age 15, when she went out there -

https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/02/18/at-what-age-is-the-brain-fully-develope

"When you’re 18, you’re roughly halfway through the entire stage of development. The prefrontal cortex doesn’t have nearly the functional capacity at age 18 as it does at 25.

This means that some people may have major struggles with impulsive decisions and planning behavior to reach a goal. The brain’s reward system tends to reach a high level of activation during puberty, then gradually drifts back to normal activation when a person reaches roughly the age of 25. Adults over the age of 25 tend to feel less sensitive to the influence of peer pressure and have a much easier time handling it."

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sajid Javid is gone on 23:09 - Feb 15 with 4569 viewsHARRY10

Have you been at the Mail again ?

There has been no softness, other than in the heads of those who spout such 'Alf Garnett' style old guff.

This a matter of international law, and given that a number of ISIS fighters have been allowed to return to the UK this action suggests a testing of law in this regard.

Whilst there are media sources who derive much of their income through filly silly heads with silly ideas - there also far more agencise with a more informed and pragmatic approach, be they law, intelligence and politically based.

Whereby as with the UK owing Iran £400m they keep imprisoned Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, intelligence agencies will free terrorist prisoners to see who they contact - or those who will defend the UK's position by arguing the counytry's cadse via international law, rather than simple rolling over and agreeing with every simple minded numpty who would have the country not take unpopular decisions.

Maybe those three differing agencies know a little more about this than someone who has had a blast too many on the Mail.
Sajid Javid is gone on 23:54 - Feb 15 with 4548 viewsjeera

Sajid Javid is gone on 11:56 - Feb 15 by r2d2

You keep repeating the same thing if that's what you mean.

It's still shallow and meaningless though.

There's been several sensible responses and you have ignored every one.

If you're incapable of taking on board such basic info then how can you expect to be taken seriously?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sajid Javid is gone on 23:57 - Feb 15 with 4542 viewsjaykay

Sajid Javid is gone on 23:54 - Feb 15 by jeera

You keep repeating the same thing if that's what you mean.

It's still shallow and meaningless though.

There's been several sensible responses and you have ignored every one.

If you're incapable of taking on board such basic info then how can you expect to be taken seriously?

maybe he thought corbyn has been in charge all this time.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

Sajid Javid is gone on 00:22 - Feb 16 with 4527 viewsjeera

Sajid Javid is gone on 23:57 - Feb 15 by jaykay

maybe he thought corbyn has been in charge all this time.

The way a couple of them have still been banging on about him this past week you'd have thought so.

There was a thread about the incumbent government and some of them went straight back into 'whataboutCorbyn' mode.

It's really weird.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sajid Javid is gone on 13:29 - Feb 17 with 4415 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:13 - Feb 14 by GaryCooper

The majority would be wrong, in this instance. If you have a 16 year old daughter as I have had, then I'm sure you would have seen that they can be ideologically mis guided at this age.

Anyway the country needs to obey the laws not cherry pick.

As for sewing up bombs in suicide vests what is the proof of this?

" they can be ideologically mis guided at this age"

do you think 16 year old should be given the vote? Just interested. Some of the people suggesting she was too young to know what she was doing, also think we should allow them to vote ast 16...doesn't seem to square..
Sajid Javid is gone on 13:49 - Feb 17 with 4398 viewsmrshallisfit

Sajid Javid is gone on 07:53 - Feb 14 by hampstead_blue

There you go again.

I've simply stated what I've read and heard with a small opinion.
Off you go talking about something completely different.

Stick to the point or start your own thread on what you want to shout about.

I'm simply stating what I've read. And what perchance may be that weighty tome?
Sajid Javid is gone on 14:10 - Feb 17 with 4385 viewsitfcjoe

Sajid Javid is gone on 10:52 - Feb 15 by tractordownsouth

So then these Jamaican criminals are our responsibility... it's not difficult to work out

There's clearly a massive difference.

The Jamacian's are our responsibility in my view, they came here as members of the Commonwealth to start their life here

She went to a country we are effectively at war with to fight for the other side, the likes of Kim Philby didn't get to come back after defecting to enemy states and neither should she.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:13 - Feb 17 with 4375 viewsHARRY10

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:10 - Feb 17 by itfcjoe

The Jamacian's are our responsibility in my view, they came here as members of the Commonwealth to start their life here

She went to a country we are effectively at war with to fight for the other side, the likes of Kim Philby didn't get to come back after defecting to enemy states and neither should she.

Because Kin Philby did.t want to come back

Kim Philby had not committed a crime in the country he fled to.
Sajid Javid is gone on 14:15 - Feb 17 with 4372 viewsDarth_Koont

Then you're saying the UK's responsibility isn't about citizenship but something that's handled on a case by case basis.

I tend to agree but then what does citizenship mean and how can a case-by-case approach be implemented legally and with the available resources?

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:15 - Feb 17 with 4367 viewsHARRY10

Kim Philby did not want to come back

Nor had he commited a crime in the country he flead to.
Sajid Javid is gone on 14:22 - Feb 17 with 4354 viewsGaryCooper

Sajid Javid is gone on 13:29 - Feb 17 by SuperKieranMcKenna

do you think 16 year old should be given the vote? Just interested. Some of the people suggesting she was too young to know what she was doing, also think we should allow them to vote ast 16...doesn't seem to square..

No I don't think a 16 year old has the life experience to vote, those who believe that a 16 year old should have the vote do so for a selfish reason.
Sajid Javid is gone on 14:30 - Feb 17 with 4338 viewsitfcjoe

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:15 - Feb 17 by Darth_Koont

Then you're saying the UK's responsibility isn't about citizenship but something that's handled on a case by case basis.

I tend to agree but then what does citizenship mean and how can a case-by-case approach be implemented legally and with the available resources?

I haven't thought that far ahead in my plans....!

I just think trying to equate that a=b just doesn't work here, and that sometimes examples need to be made of people. Just because the State she joined failed, doesn't mean that she went there to harm us as a country and her being here is against our national interests and security

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:31 - Feb 17 with 4331 viewsitfcjoe

Sajid Javid is gone on 13:29 - Feb 17 by SuperKieranMcKenna

But you could say this about 18 year olds, or 20 year olds, or those who have a lower mental age or a lack of intelligence.

16 year olds are old enough to work, old enough to pay their taxes - no taxation without representation

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:34 - Feb 17 with 4319 viewsHerbivore

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:30 - Feb 17 by itfcjoe

I haven't thought that far ahead in my plans....!

I just think trying to equate that a=b just doesn't work here, and that sometimes examples need to be made of people. Just because the State she joined failed, doesn't mean that she went there to harm us as a country and her being here is against our national interests and security

She was only 15. I'm not sure making an example of 15 year olds is a very good look for a supposedly civilised country.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:37 - Feb 17 with 4310 viewsm14_blue

I'm not sure I agree but at least that's still a consistent view.

The inconsistency comes from people claiming that Begum isn't our responsibility and neither are the Jamaican criminals.
Sajid Javid is gone on 14:45 - Feb 17 with 4301 viewsLord_Lucan

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:34 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

She was only 15. I'm not sure making an example of 15 year olds is a very good look for a supposedly civilised country.

When I was 15 my dad used to give me hell for getting into trouble at football, God forbid if I had moved to Argentina and helped The Junta kill British soldiers and civilians.

After all, at 15 you have a fully functioning brain.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:52 - Feb 17 with 4296 viewsHerbivore

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:45 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

When I was 15 my dad used to give me hell for getting into trouble at football, God forbid if I had moved to Argentina and helped The Junta kill British soldiers and civilians.

After all, at 15 you have a fully functioning brain.

I doubt you'd have been stripped of your British citizenship.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:56 - Feb 17 with 4289 viewsDarth_Koont

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:22 - Feb 17 by GaryCooper

No I don't think a 16 year old has the life experience to vote, those who believe that a 16 year old should have the vote do so for a selfish reason.

If you needed life experience to vote wouldn't that discount a lot of people of any age?

In real terms, why are the experiences and resulting opinions of a young person not as valid as someone who is older? I agree they may have less total life experience if we're measuring by volume but then again they also have a greater stake in the future.

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:58 - Feb 17 with 4282 viewsLord_Lucan

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:52 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

I doubt you'd have been stripped of your British citizenship.

Is that what the debate is about? I haven't read it all.

Difficult one though to be honest.

Personally I would have brought her back and locked her up after a long debriefing, I can understand the alternative position though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:00 - Feb 17 with 4271 viewsitfcjoe

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:34 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

How old was she when first interviewed by Times and BBC when they basically concluded, as did members of hr own family, that she seems to show no remorse and still tries to justify their actions? 19 or 20 at that point surely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024