Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sajid Javid is gone 12:00 - Feb 13 with 22609 viewstractordownsouth

There are reports that it's because he and Cummings fell out and wanted to sack all of Javid's SpAds. Glad we got rid of the influence of unelected burueacrats!
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 14:03]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:01 - Feb 17 with 834 viewsHerbivore

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:58 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

Is that what the debate is about? I haven't read it all.

Difficult one though to be honest.

Personally I would have brought her back and locked her up after a long debriefing, I can understand the alternative position though.

I don't think anyone is suggesting she get away Scot free. It's about whether stripping someone of their citizenship and leaving them stateless is a mature and sensible response from a civilised country towards someone who was only 15 when they were radicalised. My view would be that's not the right way to go about things, it's just playing to a particular section of the gallery.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:08 - Feb 17 with 823 viewsGaryCooper

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:00 - Feb 17 by itfcjoe

How old was she when first interviewed by Times and BBC when they basically concluded, as did members of hr own family, that she seems to show no remorse and still tries to justify their actions? 19 or 20 at that point surely?

Completely brainwashed prior to leaving the UK, brainwashed and abused whilst in the hands of ISIS, bring her back and download her, use her as warning to other seriously brainwashed youngsters.
Sajid Javid is gone on 15:08 - Feb 17 with 821 viewsHerbivore

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:00 - Feb 17 by itfcjoe

How old was she when first interviewed by Times and BBC when they basically concluded, as did members of hr own family, that she seems to show no remorse and still tries to justify their actions? 19 or 20 at that point surely?

And? She was radicalised at 15 and had spent years living under ISIS. Living day in and day out with ISIS isn't exactly ideal conditions for being deradicalised. Stripping her of her citizenship is an act of spite, no more and no less than that.

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:11 - Feb 17 with 818 viewsHARRY10

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:01 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

I don't think anyone is suggesting she get away Scot free. It's about whether stripping someone of their citizenship and leaving them stateless is a mature and sensible response from a civilised country towards someone who was only 15 when they were radicalised. My view would be that's not the right way to go about things, it's just playing to a particular section of the gallery.

You cannot make anyone stateless. So if Bangladesh refuases to give her Bangladeshi citizenship then she is still a UK citizen.

Unfortunately she has now become a 'cause celebre' with those huffing and puffing about what ill should befall her seemingly blissfully unaware that those who fought with ISIS have been allowed to return.

Maybe it might be better to try and understand what motivated her and others to go - and more importantly who has been behind all this and what was/still is their intend.

As whatever happens to her those questions will not end - but this case does make for a good distraction.... rather too convienently.
Sajid Javid is gone on 15:12 - Feb 17 with 818 viewsLord_Lucan

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:01 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

As I said, I would bring her back, stripping her of her citizenship is borderline illegal I would have thought.

I saw a film once when something similar happened to Tom Hanks.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:20 - Feb 17 with 796 viewsjaykay

Sajid Javid is gone on 13:29 - Feb 17 by SuperKieranMcKenna

" they can be ideologically mis guided at this age"

do you think 16 year old should be given the vote? Just interested. Some of the people suggesting she was too young to know what she was doing, also think we should allow them to vote ast 16...doesn't seem to square..

fancy being on a football forum for years and never posting once about the football. unless you someones alter ego who is just used for mostly giving uppies to his proper posting name.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:30 - Feb 17 with 786 viewsHerbivore

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:12 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

As I said, I would bring her back, stripping her of her citizenship is borderline illegal I would have thought.

The Terminal. I think I'd rather be stuck in an airport than a refugee camp mind you.

Making her stateless is illegal, but the UK's position is that she should be entitled to Bangladeshi citizenship. Bangladesh disagrees and as far as I'm aware she's never lived there. I do wonder how much all of this has cost and will end up costing in comparison to letting her return and arresting her.

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:33 - Feb 17 with 785 viewsfooters

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:30 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

The Terminal. I think I'd rather be stuck in an airport than a refugee camp mind you.

Making her stateless is illegal, but the UK's position is that she should be entitled to Bangladeshi citizenship. Bangladesh disagrees and as far as I'm aware she's never lived there. I do wonder how much all of this has cost and will end up costing in comparison to letting her return and arresting her.

I dunno, man. Luton airport is pretty grim.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:35 - Feb 17 with 782 viewsHARRY10

Sajid Javid is gone on 15:12 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

It is illegal if the person does not have joint citizenship

Whether she comes back is a matter for Syria as much as the UK.

Simply inflicting some punishment, or not will not address why so many feel that they have something to 'fight for'.

If Saudi Arabia has been funding this then what is their aim - and how do we justify selling arms to them.

Begum is merely a 'useful idiot' in all this. A pawn if you like. And as we have seen in the UK there are others who can similarly be manipulated to kill an MP, plant bombs and use violence.

That's not whataboutery. That is that simply dealing with those on a judicial level, however necessary, does not deal with the wider problem of people feeling they have been 'misused' and so can then justify barbaric acts in reponse.

If we don't start to address the cause we will be forever dealing with the symptoms.
Sajid Javid is gone on 16:19 - Feb 17 with 758 viewstractordownsouth

Sajid Javid is gone on 14:58 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

Is that what the debate is about? I haven't read it all.

Difficult one though to be honest.

Personally I would have brought her back and locked her up after a long debriefing, I can understand the alternative position though.

The point I made was that while the criminals on the deportation flight were scum, there seems to be a lot of hypocrisy from some (not aimed at you) as the people cheering the deportation of foreign criminals back to their own country were the same people who didn't want to let Shamima Begum back here after she was in Syria with ISIS

Sajid Javid is gone on 16:29 - Feb 17 with 750 viewsLord_Lucan

Sajid Javid is gone on 16:19 - Feb 17 by tractordownsouth

The point I made was that while the criminals on the deportation flight were scum, there seems to be a lot of hypocrisy from some (not aimed at you) as the people cheering the deportation of foreign criminals back to their own country were the same people who didn't want to let Shamima Begum back here after she was in Syria with ISIS

Yeah I get that and I think Begum should have been brought back anyway - however there is a world of difference between selling class A's and aiming to destroy the country that you now want to get back into.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sajid Javid is gone on 16:40 - Feb 17 with 737 viewstractordownsouth

Sajid Javid is gone on 16:29 - Feb 17 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah I get that and I think Begum should have been brought back anyway - however there is a world of difference between selling class A's and aiming to destroy the country that you now want to get back into.

Yeah that's fair and I think we should have brought her back and put on trial too . Of course the crimes are of different severities but I think we should either have a principle of sending people back to their country of origin or leaving them where they committ their crimes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024