Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! 14:00 - Feb 13 with 19716 viewsartsbossbeard

Alf Ramsey Statue at 2pm

Wake up or sell up protest against the current ownership and management at Ipswich Town Football Club #itfc

I'm going along just to point and laugh at both of them. If I can be bothered to leave the pub, of course.

#tinpot

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:13 - Feb 13 with 7267 viewsportmanking

Why would you point and laugh at fellow fans passionate about their club going down the swanny?
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:19 - Feb 13 with 7228 viewsartsbossbeard

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:13 - Feb 13 by portmanking

Why would you point and laugh at fellow fans passionate about their club going down the swanny?

Unless they can get a consortium together between them and buy the club, what's the point?

Maybe Marcus could visit them at work and moan at them for not cooking the fries long enough?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:24 - Feb 13 with 7186 viewsVaughan8

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:19 - Feb 13 by artsbossbeard

Unless they can get a consortium together between them and buy the club, what's the point?

Maybe Marcus could visit them at work and moan at them for not cooking the fries long enough?

You're right. Too many people are just saying "Evans Out" without a proper solution. Who in reality is going to take over this club...…? Not a lot of people.

Unless people are going to buy him out, what is this really going to achieve. Its not all Evans' fault anyway. Can't blame him for our lack of goals.
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:24 - Feb 13 with 7182 viewsskyblue23

Not sure if a protest will do much but something has got to be done. If we all sit around and do nothing the club will rot further and further. The Magilton protest was laughable and out of order, this one I believe is warranted.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:26 - Feb 13 with 7167 viewsartsbossbeard

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:24 - Feb 13 by skyblue23

Not sure if a protest will do much but something has got to be done. If we all sit around and do nothing the club will rot further and further. The Magilton protest was laughable and out of order, this one I believe is warranted.

End of season when it's confirmed we're in the 3rd division for a second term rather than now?

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:27 - Feb 13 with 7149 viewsportmanking

We're football fans that love our club, town and community, not entrepreneurs. We're not the ones that have made poor business decisions for more than a decade. If people want to voice their displeasure and give Evans a bit of a rough ride then more power to them.
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:29 - Feb 13 with 7104 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:24 - Feb 13 by Vaughan8

You're right. Too many people are just saying "Evans Out" without a proper solution. Who in reality is going to take over this club...…? Not a lot of people.

Unless people are going to buy him out, what is this really going to achieve. Its not all Evans' fault anyway. Can't blame him for our lack of goals.

Supporters aren’t supposed to have that plan though - Blackpool, Charlton and countless others certainly didn’t

Ultimately all supporters can do is make their feelings known and put pressure on in the hope that it might prompt Evans to look to sell. I noted in another post on here the other day that I don’t believe he’s an evil owner, but he’s certainly proven a bad one with the club in decline since his arrival. Against that backdrop it’s not hard to see why some might feel that action is needed

That said I agree with the comment re now not being the time, and the protest will almost certainly wind up being a few old men shouting at no one inparticular (if it even materialises at all)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:29 - Feb 13 with 7108 viewsskyblue23

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:26 - Feb 13 by artsbossbeard

End of season when it's confirmed we're in the 3rd division for a second term rather than now?

Possibly yes, I don't believe this season is over yet as the play offs are still in reach. I don't believe we'll win the play offs if we get there but maybe once we're confirmed in this league is a better idea in the long run.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Login to get fewer ads

Excellent stuff, who's organising it.... on 14:30 - Feb 13 with 7107 viewsBloots

...bedsheet Rich again or some other self appointed egomaniac spokesturd?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Rough ride.....? on 14:31 - Feb 13 with 7094 viewsBloots

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:27 - Feb 13 by portmanking

We're football fans that love our club, town and community, not entrepreneurs. We're not the ones that have made poor business decisions for more than a decade. If people want to voice their displeasure and give Evans a bit of a rough ride then more power to them.

.....he won't even notice.

Even something as simple as holding it where he arrives at the ground would help, but they're too stupid to even realise that.

Bunch of divs.

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:32 - Feb 13 with 7067 viewsSitfcB

50 people guaranteed to be there apparently.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Excellent stuff, who's organising it.... on 14:33 - Feb 13 with 7063 viewsskyblue23

Excellent stuff, who's organising it.... on 14:30 - Feb 13 by Bloots

That's a good point actually, who is actually doing this or is it going to come to nothing?

Edit:

Just seen the twitter thread reply after I wrote this
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 14:34]

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:34 - Feb 13 with 7053 viewsmonytowbray

I think you'll find you're in a minority who feel it's an over reaction at this point. Good on them.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:34 - Feb 13 with 7033 viewsfooters

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:29 - Feb 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Supporters aren’t supposed to have that plan though - Blackpool, Charlton and countless others certainly didn’t

Ultimately all supporters can do is make their feelings known and put pressure on in the hope that it might prompt Evans to look to sell. I noted in another post on here the other day that I don’t believe he’s an evil owner, but he’s certainly proven a bad one with the club in decline since his arrival. Against that backdrop it’s not hard to see why some might feel that action is needed

That said I agree with the comment re now not being the time, and the protest will almost certainly wind up being a few old men shouting at no one inparticular (if it even materialises at all)

Hmm. Blackpool, Charlton et al were vastly different cases in ownership to what we have. Maybe I am naieve or should be expecting more, but I still believe Evans is just a bit of a clueless wally.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Excellent stuff, who's organising it.... on 14:34 - Feb 13 with 7032 viewsartsbossbeard

Excellent stuff, who's organising it.... on 14:30 - Feb 13 by Bloots

I think it's the latter. In a tribute to Life of Brian, this looks like another Evan Out group, which makes it even more difficult to take seriously.

I'm sure Donovan Blake has got an invite though.

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:34 - Feb 13 with 7030 viewsSitfcB

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:34 - Feb 13 by monytowbray

I think you'll find you're in a minority who feel it's an over reaction at this point. Good on them.

Lambert getting away with it again.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:37 - Feb 13 with 6988 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:34 - Feb 13 by footers

Hmm. Blackpool, Charlton et al were vastly different cases in ownership to what we have. Maybe I am naieve or should be expecting more, but I still believe Evans is just a bit of a clueless wally.

Agreed but wasn’t the point I was making - just highlighting that supporters don’t need a solution or buyer, the point is to put pressure on and try and force a change. Admittedly probably opened myself up to that counter point but just used them as the first and most obvious examples that sprung to mind

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:37 - Feb 13 with 6988 viewsmonytowbray

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:34 - Feb 13 by SitfcB

Lambert getting away with it again.

Evans is sh1t. Lambert is sh1t. We're sh1t. Evans has had over a decade of chances and a fairly easy ride from us. Enough is enough really.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:38 - Feb 13 with 6978 viewshatch

We’ll be a laughing stock. Look at Pompey, Cov and Sunderland who have all been in the higher echelons and sufferer in the lower leagues. They’ve all protested too in the past but not after half a season in League One.

I do think the expectation levels of our fans need to be managed. Where’s the pre season poll which predicted our final position? I think a good number didn’t have us to reach the play offs.

Zero pragmatism.
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:39 - Feb 13 with 6950 viewsfooters

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:37 - Feb 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Agreed but wasn’t the point I was making - just highlighting that supporters don’t need a solution or buyer, the point is to put pressure on and try and force a change. Admittedly probably opened myself up to that counter point but just used them as the first and most obvious examples that sprung to mind

Obviously understand people's frustrations, but as ME has said himself, there have been offers made for us which he thought would have been worse for the long-term future of our Club. Even if he is a bit of a wally football-wise, I'd still trust him on that. Pointing something out to him that he's probably acutely aware of isn't going to change much, imo. But maybe good for fans to have a little vent.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

8 then. (n/t) on 14:40 - Feb 13 with 6953 viewsBloots

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:32 - Feb 13 by SitfcB

50 people guaranteed to be there apparently.

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:49 - Feb 13 with 6886 viewslazyblue

Must be student fans as they all love a protest, they could really mess the season up if they cause toxic atmosphere.

Why not just get really behind the team and let’s just see what happens!
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:56 - Feb 13 with 6810 viewsRadlett_blue

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:24 - Feb 13 by skyblue23

Though I would guess that the anti-Jim protests would have influenced Evans in his decision to remove him. Same with not giving Mick a new contract - even Evans must have realised the fans didn't want that.
An anti-Evans protest is pointless as he will only sell when he received an acceptable offer.
An anti-Lambert protest, if it continued for a few games, might get Evans to look at the small print in that ridiculous contract he gave Lambert. But given Evans's record of appointing managers, would a newcomer do better, especially as Town has been becoming an increasingly unattractive club to manage.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:56 - Feb 13 with 6811 viewsdavblue

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:34 - Feb 13 by footers

There are far worse owners around who chop and change managers, bring in their own players etc.

Evans, had made a number of bad choices and tried to do the off field stuff on the cheap, he's got no plan just words for the fans and im not sure he has any idea how to implement that at a football club.

I wouldn't criticise the amount of money he's put in as it's clearly all he wants to put in which is fair enough, it's his money. But not reinvesting fees received has been a problem and he hasn't employed the right people in the football positions and the running of the club.
Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:58 - Feb 13 with 6783 viewsartsbossbeard

Oooh, there's a protest Saturday! on 14:34 - Feb 13 by monytowbray

I've got a spare bedsheet in the garage and some paint?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024