Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The king of maps 20:00 - Feb 13 with 1549 viewsGeoffSentence

I love maps.

In fact I used to work for the Ordnamce Survey.

But I present to you gentlefolk of TWTD, the King Of Maps

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The king of maps on 20:09 - Feb 13 with 1495 viewsgiant_stow

Cor, nice map!

Bought a 1954 harry beck tube map the other day. Woof.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The king of maps on 20:15 - Feb 13 with 1467 viewsHARRY10

I shall study that Caerphilly
The king of maps on 20:19 - Feb 13 with 1459 viewsGeoffSentence

The king of maps on 20:09 - Feb 13 by giant_stow

Cor, nice map!

Bought a 1954 harry beck tube map the other day. Woof.

Has that got any good cheeses on it? Swiss Cottage? That's two in one but was it closed by then?

The king of maps on 08:14 - Feb 14 with 1254 viewsChurchman

That’s brilliant. Can’t see Wensleydale though. Wallace and Gromit won’t be happy.
The king of maps on 08:46 - Feb 14 with 1226 viewsSaleAway

The king of maps on 08:14 - Feb 14 by Churchman

That’s brilliant. Can’t see Wensleydale though. Wallace and Gromit won’t be happy.

if you follow the link at the top - its actually an interactive map - shows more as you zoom in... so Wallace and Gromit can breathe easy - they've not been forgotten

www.tasteatlas.com/cheese

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

The king of maps on 09:00 - Feb 14 with 1209 viewsEdwardStone

Ialso love maps....I was involved in the military side of map making; I served my time in 42 Survey Engineer Regt, R.E.

I also like cheese.....

We used to get issued with special Military Grade cheese.....it arrived in our Compo ration packs, usually when we were working in some hot, forlorn, dusty foreign land

Cheese Possessed it said on the tin.....it used to melt to a foul greasy yellow liquid on a hot day. They were all hot days. On the rare occasions that it didn't melt, it was equally inedible. You couldn't even make it into a half decent IED, unlike the raspberry jam which burned like crazy and could be used as a passable napalm substitute

The rumour on the parade ground was that it was manufactured in Bures....until a disgruntled squaddie burned the factory down

Any Bursian (?) know of this? Someone told me that the factory was called Swifts and they were under investigation by the International War Crimes Court for crimes against cheese
The king of maps on 09:06 - Feb 14 with 1197 viewsPecker

Fantastic map. My boy is obsessed with maps and atlas'. His bedroom walls are completely covered in maps of the world past and present. I shall order one of those for him.
The king of maps on 09:10 - Feb 14 with 1188 viewsSaleAway

The king of maps on 09:06 - Feb 14 by Pecker

Fantastic map. My boy is obsessed with maps and atlas'. His bedroom walls are completely covered in maps of the world past and present. I shall order one of those for him.

Maybe have a look also at http://www.tubularfells.com/

topological maps of the lake district, scottish munros, and snowdonia....

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Login to get fewer ads

The king of maps on 11:04 - Feb 14 with 1115 viewshampstead_blue

Sir, have an uppie.....two if I could.

My late father worked at the OS in Southampton as a land surveyor.
There was a fantastic program on the OS on R4 yesterday. Utterly fascinating.

Thanks for sharing.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The king of maps on 11:14 - Feb 14 with 1098 viewsNewcyBlue

The king of maps on 09:06 - Feb 14 by Pecker

https://www.bookharbour.com/admiralty-chart-2693-approaches-to-felixstowe-harwic

He needs this!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The king of maps on 17:16 - Feb 14 with 1006 viewsGeoffSentence

The king of maps on 11:04 - Feb 14 by hampstead_blue

Sir, have an uppie.....two if I could.

My late father worked at the OS in Southampton as a land surveyor.
There was a fantastic program on the OS on R4 yesterday. Utterly fascinating.

Thanks for sharing.

That's what I did, trained in Southampton and then surveyed round the East London Area. That was in the late 80's, hopefully all my errors will have worked their way out by now.

The king of maps on 17:39 - Feb 14 with 993 viewshampstead_blue

The king of maps on 17:16 - Feb 14 by GeoffSentence

That's what I did, trained in Southampton and then surveyed round the East London Area. That was in the late 80's, hopefully all my errors will have worked their way out by now.

Same as my old man.

He worked for Essex County and is responsible for South Woodham Ferrers!
My eldest son is seriously considering getting out of the Army to train. It's a good profession.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024