Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Enough BS 07:44 - Feb 14 with 1267 viewsTheSelkirk

The club has been letting us down gently and lowering our expectations for a long while now. Long Term and on the Cheap could be our club motto.

They throw the odd titbit out there to keep the fans 'happy' - "fans are great" / "we're going to clean up the stadium" / putting pictures on columns / rehiring an ITFC legend / didn't let players go / making up stories about going after Connor Wickham etc etc. Some are taken in by it.

The reality is that the club has little expectation of short or medium term success and, seemingly, zero ambition. Unfortunately, this seems to be reflected in the approach and performance of the team on the pitch.

The apathy that was, according to PL, apparently rife throughout the stands a few years ago now streams through the club itself.
Enough BS on 07:52 - Feb 14 with 1232 viewsGuthrum

Or, there is no way of pushing for success other than spending money we do not have (while already deep in debt).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Enough BS on 08:42 - Feb 14 with 1171 viewsTheSelkirk

Enough BS on 07:52 - Feb 14 by Guthrum

Or, there is no way of pushing for success other than spending money we do not have (while already deep in debt).

Agreed.

Doesn't mean we have to passively accept our potential further demise.
Enough BS on 08:44 - Feb 14 with 1159 viewsBackToRussia

Planning and training costs nothing.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Enough BS on 09:52 - Feb 14 with 1076 viewsBluedandy

Deep in debt thanks to the clueless Chelsea supporting clown who currently owns our club.
Enough BS on 10:02 - Feb 14 with 1045 viewshatch

Enough BS on 09:52 - Feb 14 by Bluedandy

Deep in debt thanks to the clueless Chelsea supporting clown who currently owns our club.

So not the £32m of debt he took on when he bought us?

This view that Marcus is happy seeing the club fail is crazy. I suspect he's as frustrated as most at the moment. He may not love the club like the fans do, but every failure the club makes hurts him financially so it is in his interest to make it work here, even if there have been some terrible decisions along the way (the majority of which the fans supported at the time they were made).
Enough BS on 10:24 - Feb 14 with 1002 viewsBluedandy

Enough BS on 10:02 - Feb 14 by hatch

So not the £32m of debt he took on when he bought us?

This view that Marcus is happy seeing the club fail is crazy. I suspect he's as frustrated as most at the moment. He may not love the club like the fans do, but every failure the club makes hurts him financially so it is in his interest to make it work here, even if there have been some terrible decisions along the way (the majority of which the fans supported at the time they were made).

The debts after 12 years of ME's nightmare reign are nearer £100 million but it's immaterial... they could be £1 billion... he'll never get the money back.

Who says he's happy to see the club fail? Of course he wants success but in football terms we are a massively under achieving basket case...ME owns our failure entirely.

Maybe ME will turn it round.. stumble upon a manager crossed between Wilder, Robson and Pep... I suspect though it's going to get worse and worse... how many more years of evidence do you require? How low must Town go before people like you connect the dots? League 2.. the Vanarama?

This football club needs a complete and radical overhaul starting with Evans selling up and moving on...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024