Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 Major problems with our squad imo 08:08 - Feb 14 with 1065 viewsgeg1992

* Mentally very poor. Players heads drop far too quickly and when they do, they seem to hit rock bottom. This was ever present last season too.

* Lack of pace in our team in terms of passing and dribbling with the ball makes us very ineffective on the counter. By the time we've got into an attacking area, it seems the opposition always seems to have the majority of their team behind the ball already, which leads to my third problem...

* Lack of aerial presence in attacking areas which gives us very little in the way of plan B in a league which is often very direct. It also means that when teams sit back against us, we have very little threat.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

3 Major problems with our squad imo on 08:14 - Feb 14 with 1017 viewsmo_itfc

Too add discussion to your points...

1 - I agree, the blame here has to lie with the management and senior pros... what is going on?!?! why isn't Chambers and Skuse putting arms round players and helping boost their morale?!?!?!

2 - This point I kind of disagree... we do have dribblers and some relatively pacey players... but they hardly ever start games! so what do you expect... in Jan I would have liked us to go out and get a singer to replace georgiou...
I blame Lambert here for playing a useless formation! your second point wouldn't be an issue... if Lambert was better at his job...

3 - 100% agree... and the reaon this is a problem is that we dont really have playmakers who can pass ball on the ground... and if we do have playmakers... they are either in bad form or never play!!!

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

3 Major problems with our squad imo on 08:19 - Feb 14 with 998 viewsfergalsharkey

The main problem we have is that bar 3 players (kvy,downes and garbutt) we are utter shyte.

Poll: Cook out?

3 Major problems with our squad imo on 08:38 - Feb 14 with 947 viewsIpswichKnight

3 Major problems with our squad imo on 08:19 - Feb 14 by fergalsharkey

The main problem we have is that bar 3 players (kvy,downes and garbutt) we are utter shyte.

Woolfy being shyte... OK
3 Major problems with our squad imo on 08:47 - Feb 14 with 907 viewsHerbivore

3 Major problems with our squad imo on 08:19 - Feb 14 by fergalsharkey

Good WiFi on HMS Walt, mate?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

3 Major problems with our squad imo on 09:10 - Feb 14 with 859 viewsBasuco

Point one is much more prevalent in some fans, after a great atmosphere pre-match at Wimbledon, after 30 minutes some fans were shouting vile abuse at Lambert and any player who ventured close to the touchline close to the away section. By midway through the second half it was completely ridiculous. I am not sure why some fans think that by hurling vile abuse at players will somehow help? After the final whistle make your feelings felt by all means, if you must, but for goodness sake support the players when there is still a chance of winning the game. Donacien was singled out in particular probably because he was pushing well forward in front of the Town fans, totally unacceptable from supposed "fans". We are what we are and the squad will not change before the end of the season, so lets get behind the lads and encourage them rather than drain their confidence even further. I was ashamed to be in the away section during the second half on Tuesday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024