Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR - Italians asking for manager challenges 12:53 - Feb 14 with 915 viewsBlueRaider

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51502785

What do we think ? I like the idea, but I think they should have to specify what they are challenging to stop speculative challenges. I would also stop the reviews that currently happen that look for any reason to disallow a goal - if no one on the other team has an issue, why disallow it ?

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

VAR - Italians asking for manager challenges on 13:11 - Feb 14 with 870 viewsBasuco

If the ref has looked at a screen and decided what to give on that view, what difference is a manager challenge going to make? They are still always biased towards the big clubs who run football, so it would be a pointless idea.
VAR - Italians asking for manager challenges on 10:08 - Feb 17 with 811 viewsBlueRaider

VAR - Italians asking for manager challenges on 13:11 - Feb 14 by Basuco

If the ref has looked at a screen and decided what to give on that view, what difference is a manager challenge going to make? They are still always biased towards the big clubs who run football, so it would be a pointless idea.

You misunderstood my point, I am arguing that the source of the challenges should come from the players / managers, not from the officials.

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

VAR - Italians asking for manager challenges on 10:36 - Feb 17 with 772 viewsrickw

I think different approaches to VAR need to be trialled, nobody is happy with the current system so unless each league gets to change things a little to see what works and what doesn't it will never improve

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

VAR - Italians asking for manager challenges on 11:06 - Feb 17 with 756 viewsSamWhiteUK

Definitely.

See the Spurs game, then pen that they won. No one challenged or even appealed, but about 3 or 4 minutes later we've finally decided it was a penalty. They should have just been getting on with the game.
VAR - Italians asking for manager challenges on 15:33 - Feb 17 with 681 viewsOsborneOneNil

100%. I've said it for years that we should implement a system similar to the one in American Football. A coach has 3 flags and can throw one on the pitch if he thinks a decision needs a review, such as a penalty shout. If it's upheld he keeps the flag, if he loses then the flag goes.

Ideal.

Totally agree on the Spurs pen too, no one at all appealed. If that happens then leave it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024