Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Ipswich Town FC were a band... 08:57 - Feb 15 with 1412 viewsmonytowbray

They’d be still releasing music way past their best years in terms of youth, performance, energy, passion and quality. There’s still a soft spot for the old stuff and what those records meant to you, but seeing them live these days is a fairly dull and pointless affair.

But you still pay the money for the ticket, buy the T-shirt and go in the hope that maybe they’ll play that perfect set list and go back to their roots.

I left the house an hour and a half ago and I’m not even out of London yet, stupid replacement buses.

COYB I guess. PL can f*ck off. ME can DEFINITELY f*ck off too. But I’m a sucker for disappointment on the off chance that maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

It’s evidently early and I’m waiting for the coffee to kick in as I’m rambling and wondering WTF I am doing this for again. I could take up a much cheaper hobby that I have more control over the outcome of if I could let go.

If all else fails, I guess getting up early to be in Town for breakfast and catching up with mates is worth it.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

If Ipswich Town FC were a band... on 10:00 - Feb 15 with 1342 viewsfactual_blue

I'm going to see Wishbone Ash in November. Still touring non-stop after almost fifty years.

Forty-nine years almost to the day since I saw them. This concert is costing my about twenty-seven times the cost of the first show. And Mountain were topping the bill back in 1971

https://www.theapex.co.uk/whats-on/details.cfm?id=557547&ins=744390

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If Ipswich Town FC were a band... on 10:05 - Feb 15 with 1327 viewsWeWereZombies

But which band? Whilst it seems some bands are just keeping the franchise going others ebb and flow producing hidden gems amongst their later material, new wine in old bottles an' all that. To this end, with the appointment of Butcher to the coaching staff in mind, I shall be keeping an eye on last year's reformation of Sugababes with all the original members...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If Ipswich Town FC were a band... on 10:18 - Feb 15 with 1306 viewsWD19

Town are Madonna. Peaked in the early 80s. Strong comeback later. Done nothing for years and inextricable slide towards nothingness.....blighted by injuries.
If Ipswich Town FC were a band... on 10:19 - Feb 15 with 1297 viewsfooters

If Ipswich Town FC were a band... on 10:05 - Feb 15 by WeWereZombies

But which band? Whilst it seems some bands are just keeping the franchise going others ebb and flow producing hidden gems amongst their later material, new wine in old bottles an' all that. To this end, with the appointment of Butcher to the coaching staff in mind, I shall be keeping an eye on last year's reformation of Sugababes with all the original members...

We are the footballing Bay City Rollers. Def info.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If Ipswich Town FC were a band... on 10:23 - Feb 15 with 1287 viewsbrogansnose

Status Quo.

Seems like its been the same song for years and they're just going through the motions.
If Ipswich Town FC were a band... on 10:38 - Feb 15 with 1257 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

If Ipswich Town FC were a band... on 10:00 - Feb 15 by factual_blue

I'm going to see Wishbone Ash in November. Still touring non-stop after almost fifty years.

Forty-nine years almost to the day since I saw them. This concert is costing my about twenty-seven times the cost of the first show. And Mountain were topping the bill back in 1971

https://www.theapex.co.uk/whats-on/details.cfm?id=557547&ins=744390

You are clearly FUBB facters.
Can we have some living proof after the event.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

If Ipswich Town FC were a band... on 10:54 - Feb 15 with 1220 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If Ipswich Town FC were a band... on 10:57 - Feb 15 with 1209 viewsBackToRussia

If Ipswich Town FC were a band... on 10:54 - Feb 15 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

So basically ME is Mike Ashley.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Login to get fewer ads

If Ipswich Town FC were a band... on 11:05 - Feb 15 with 1180 viewsMoriarty

If Ipswich Town FC were a band... on 10:23 - Feb 15 by brogansnose

Status Quo.

Seems like its been the same song for years and they're just going through the motions.

fka omuircheartaigh

If Ipswich Town FC were a band... on 11:09 - Feb 15 with 1165 viewsr2d2

They would be The Lighthouse Family, the most boring, bland band ever , and thats saying something when you have Coldplay around as well !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024