Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Caroline Flack 17:55 - Feb 15 with 15057 viewsBloomBlue

Far too young
RIP Caroline Flack (n/t) on 18:01 - Feb 15 with 7990 viewsBlueBadger

[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 18:03]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:02 - Feb 15 with 7984 viewsMullet

Valentines Day, a career and reputation ruined via social media, whatever she did/didn’t do it raises some very serious questions.

I used an interview of her in a lesson last year where she was essentially justifying putting her career over having kids and settling down. It was a fairly hard watch then, and I barely knew who she was.

I’m sure a few of my students will be really upset as she was very popular with teenage girls it seems through Love Island and the like.

40 is no age at all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:15 - Feb 15 with 7809 viewsBloomBlue

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:02 - Feb 15 by Mullet

Valentines Day, a career and reputation ruined via social media, whatever she did/didn’t do it raises some very serious questions.

I used an interview of her in a lesson last year where she was essentially justifying putting her career over having kids and settling down. It was a fairly hard watch then, and I barely knew who she was.

I’m sure a few of my students will be really upset as she was very popular with teenage girls it seems through Love Island and the like.

40 is no age at all.

Nobody is perfect but social media is too much about highlighting other people's imperfections while ignoring your own.
Hopefully what I call internet bullying hasn't resulted in pushing another person over the edge
RIP Caroline Flack on 18:16 - Feb 15 with 7783 viewsSwailsey

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:15 - Feb 15 by BloomBlue

Nobody is perfect but social media is too much about highlighting other people's imperfections while ignoring your own.
Hopefully what I call internet bullying hasn't resulted in pushing another person over the edge

I’ve seen that alluded to.

Not right to speculate of course. But very very sad.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:21 - Feb 15 with 7704 viewsSwailsey

Confirmed cause of death now.

Extremely sad. Social media and humans are too much.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:45 - Feb 15 with 7446 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Maybe people in football should think about how we treat managers and players?

We can't really slam trolls and then go on to abuse PL and co.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:46 - Feb 15 with 7433 viewsJ2BLUE

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:21 - Feb 15 by Swailsey

Confirmed cause of death now.

Extremely sad. Social media and humans are too much.

Social media has had an incredibly negative impact on society IMO. I have genuine hatred for the likes of Facebook and Twitter. Social media is an infection which grows daily.

(please Ryorry can we just agree to disagree without the usual backwards and forwards?)

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:47 - Feb 15 with 7415 viewsPecker

I have no idea who she is, even after looking her up, but like you say, far to young. Sad that she seems to have taken her own life. Very sad day for her family and friends.
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:48 - Feb 15 with 7395 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:46 - Feb 15 by J2BLUE

Social media has had an incredibly negative impact on society IMO. I have genuine hatred for the likes of Facebook and Twitter. Social media is an infection which grows daily.

(please Ryorry can we just agree to disagree without the usual backwards and forwards?)

I can't stand Twitter. Default setting for people are outrage and pedantry.

I don't use FB that much anymore. I don't find it so bad if you don't join fan groups etc and just keep it to close friends.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

RIP Caroline Flack (n/t) on 18:49 - Feb 15 with 7372 viewsChrisd

RIP Caroline Flack (n/t) on 18:01 - Feb 15 by BlueBadger

[Post edited 15 Feb 2020 18:03]

Such sad news.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:50 - Feb 15 with 7348 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:47 - Feb 15 by Pecker

I have no idea who she is, even after looking her up, but like you say, far to young. Sad that she seems to have taken her own life. Very sad day for her family and friends.

To be fair, you are in a minority not know who she was. I guess if you are over 45 that may be more common?

Agree with that on 18:54 - Feb 15 with 7333 viewsDyland

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:45 - Feb 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Maybe people in football should think about how we treat managers and players?

We can't really slam trolls and then go on to abuse PL and co.

People need to stop and think about what they say online. Criticise, aye. Get emotional, course. Do NOT abuse people. Do not post sh1t that you would not say to someone's face. It's a very simple and clear rule that if everyone followed the world would literally be a little bit better.

Same goes for in the stands and fans frothing at players with stuff they would never say up close, and then being even more angry when the players give it back. It's so pathetic. Grow up ffs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:55 - Feb 15 with 7287 viewsPecker

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:50 - Feb 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, you are in a minority not know who she was. I guess if you are over 45 that may be more common?

She was a reality tv presenter. I haven't watched a reality tv show. Yes, over 45. Still a sad day for her family and friends.
RIP Caroline Flack on 18:58 - Feb 15 with 7237 viewsfooters

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:46 - Feb 15 by J2BLUE

You obviously haven't played Farmville.

RIP Caroline, very young.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Agree with that on 19:04 - Feb 15 with 7190 viewsPecker

Agree with that on 18:54 - Feb 15 by Dyland

People need to stop and think about what they say online. Criticise, aye. Get emotional, course. Do NOT abuse people. Do not post sh1t that you would not say to someone's face. It's a very simple and clear rule that if everyone followed the world would literally be a little bit better.

Same goes for in the stands and fans frothing at players with stuff they would never say up close, and then being even more angry when the players give it back. It's so pathetic. Grow up ffs.

Very well said Sir.
RIP Caroline Flack on 19:05 - Feb 15 with 7150 viewsMullet

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:02 - Feb 15 by Mullet

40 is no age at all.

Twitter seems in ferment with examples of the Sun and Mail deleting negative coverage of her en masse tonight.

What a farce.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

RIP Caroline Flack on 19:05 - Feb 15 with 7144 viewsPecker

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:58 - Feb 15 by footers

She had a brief spell with Price Harry apparently.
RIP Caroline Flack on 19:07 - Feb 15 with 7130 viewsJ2BLUE

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:58 - Feb 15 by footers

I have actually. A girl once asked me to 'take care of her farm' which sadly wasn't a euphemism. She was going into hospital for an op.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

RIP Caroline Flack on 19:11 - Feb 15 with 7107 viewsDyland

RIP Caroline Flack on 19:05 - Feb 15 by Mullet

Twitter seems in ferment with examples of the Sun and Mail deleting negative coverage of her en masse tonight.

What a farce.

The tabloid press are evil. I don't use the term lightly. Some people need to take a long hard look at themselves.

I'd never heard of Caroline and haven't read up about her death, my point is a general one.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

RIP Caroline Flack on 19:21 - Feb 15 with 7022 viewsjas0999

Desperately sad. No age at all. Fame has taken its toll.
RIP Caroline Flack on 19:27 - Feb 15 with 6970 viewsThe_Last_Baron

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:48 - Feb 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

I can't stand Twitter. Default setting for people are outrage and pedantry.

I don't use FB that much anymore. I don't find it so bad if you don't join fan groups etc and just keep it to close friends.

Twitter is half great, half terrible. If used right it's a great communication tool however it seems to be overrun with idiots. Many people now have a craving to be famous yet it's something many can't handle with the vultures in the media waiting to devour you.

There is a problem today with society in the UK. Drug and alcohol addiction is a major problem in relation to mental health, the breakdown of the traditional family is another. Diminishing community cohesion another.

Very sad news about Caroline Flack, I have to say I knew little about her and never watched any of the programmes she presented but for anyone to choose to end their life is a tragedy.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

RIP Caroline Flack on 19:28 - Feb 15 with 6961 viewsjeera

RIP Caroline Flack on 19:11 - Feb 15 by Dyland

The tabloid press are evil. I don't use the term lightly. Some people need to take a long hard look at themselves.

I'd never heard of Caroline and haven't read up about her death, my point is a general one.

I watched the doc about the chap discovered in Barrymore's pool a few days ago.

I didn't catch the name but some NOTW reporter didn't even try to hide his glee at how he and others lept all over the story at the time.

No hint of remorse at harassing the grieving family, no regrets about exaggerating events when they didn't have enough to go on etc.

If you've seen it you'll know what I mean. It's impossible to watch without wanting to smack the scumbag through the screen.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

RIP Caroline Flack on 19:29 - Feb 15 with 6941 viewsjeera

RIP Caroline Flack on 18:55 - Feb 15 by Pecker

She was a reality tv presenter. I haven't watched a reality tv show. Yes, over 45. Still a sad day for her family and friends.

Yes, a terrible waste.

Horrible thing to happen. The lady must have been in torment.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

RIP Caroline Flack on 19:31 - Feb 15 with 6930 viewsJohnny_Boy

Had to Google who that is / was.

Nah, no idea.
Agree with that on 19:31 - Feb 15 with 6928 viewsDarth_Koont

Agree with that on 18:54 - Feb 15 by Dyland

Agreed. Don't hide behind relative anonymity or the seeming distance of the internet to push people's buttons or an agenda. If you wouldn't say it to someone's face (and with good reason) then don't say it at all. Same goes for the media and their readiness to throw people under the bus for a few extra clicks or papers sold.

I also had to look up who she was but sounds like she's been plagued by the spotlight she's been under. While she is in the public eye, that doesn't mean she has to take everything from everyone. Not quite sure when that became part of the deal as a famous or semi-famous person.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024