Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that was a funny old match. 20:26 - Feb 15 with 907 viewsGeoffSentence

In the first half in particular we were pretty poor but if we had been able to finish the guilt-edged chances we somehow managed to contrive we could have gone in five goals to the good.

As it was, after Keane missed that chance on 4 minutes I thought it was going to be one of those days. Then we gifted them an opening a couple of minutes later, how he got so much space I do not know.

Then when Judge and then Jackson wasted a couple of glorious opportuntities I thought we were destined to lose.

I could have sworn that Judge's scuffed, deflected shot was going over, but somehow it dropped in and from then on in everything seemed to go our way.

Second half we were in tolal control but without playing anywhere as well as Ihave seen us play at times this year and again contrived to miss some relatively straightforward chances. If Jackson, who had another good game, had a left foot I am sure he would have done better with his one-on-one, and Freddie looked like he was so desperate to score that he had a go from a narrow angle when he would have been much better off laying it off for Jacky.

Overall satisfactory.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Well that was a funny old match. on 20:46 - Feb 15 with 821 viewsDarth_Koont

Agree overall.

Just want to put Keane's early "miss" in perspective though. He did everything right but the defender's anticipation and block was the best bit of defensive work all game.

Pronouns: He/Him

Well that was a funny old match. on 20:55 - Feb 15 with 789 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Listening on the radio had that air about it.

At least twice, if not 3 times Brenner said "must score … still a chance … and the chance has gone … how did he miss that?" or words to that effect. With them scoring in between them there was a real sense of we are never going to score.

Goals are what matters and it sounds like we created a lot more chances than Tuesday. Even if that means conceding, if it means scoring multiple times 3 points is better than anything no goals will ever get us.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024