Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson 10:32 - Feb 16 with 4493 viewshomer_123

That header looks better each time I see it. Very tidy finish.

Should have had a hat trick yesterday but the thing I value and appreciate most is his work rate and ability to deliver a cross/assist.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jackson on 10:34 - Feb 16 with 3554 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

With the commentary....." he has to score...".... he really didn't!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Jackson on 10:36 - Feb 16 with 3550 viewsHerbivore

He could easily have had another two goals and a couple of assists yesterday. He makes things happen. I find it odd that some of our fans still don't rate him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jackson on 10:39 - Feb 16 with 3527 viewstractorboy1978

Jackson on 10:36 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

He could easily have had another two goals and a couple of assists yesterday. He makes things happen. I find it odd that some of our fans still don't rate him.

11 goals and 7 assists. Jackson looks a very good instinctive player/finisher. His issue comes when he has time to think about it.
Jackson on 10:39 - Feb 16 with 3528 viewsGeoffSentence

Jackson on 10:36 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

I rate him highly too, he is a handful for most defences at this level, works and works and works, creates as well as scores, and his pace, of course, is a real asset.

He needs to work on on ones and perhaps getting a bit of confidence with finishing with his left foot.

Overall he is having a good season.

Paul Hurst knew a player when he saw one.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Jackson on 10:41 - Feb 16 with 3502 viewshomer_123

Jackson on 10:39 - Feb 16 by GeoffSentence

I rate him highly too, he is a handful for most defences at this level, works and works and works, creates as well as scores, and his pace, of course, is a real asset.

He needs to work on on ones and perhaps getting a bit of confidence with finishing with his left foot.

Hehehe....love that last sentence!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jackson on 10:41 - Feb 16 with 3492 viewsHerbivore

We need to get TC back.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jackson on 10:44 - Feb 16 with 3459 viewsBackToRussia

Jackson on 10:39 - Feb 16 by tractorboy1978

11 goals and 7 assists. Jackson looks a very good instinctive player/finisher. His issue comes when he has time to think about it.

Involved in (scored, assisted) 40% of our goals. He is one of our nailed on starters.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Jackson on 10:45 - Feb 16 with 3460 viewsmarchy

Yes.
Login to get fewer ads

Jackson on 10:48 - Feb 16 with 3436 viewsChrisd

A clever finish. A good ball in by Judge too.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 10:48]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Jackson on 10:49 - Feb 16 with 3428 viewsSteve_M

The great thing was that as it looped away from the keeper there was only one place it was going.

Also though, Edwards got that ball forward early, the defender might have done better but then Judge got the cross in early. We've been too hesitant in those sort of positions this season so that was nice to see.

Judge makes us play more quickly, and that's generally better. I think he had a big part in the improvement in January and also in yesterday's better moves. General fan opinion might catch up soon.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jackson on 10:50 - Feb 16 with 3412 viewsmarchy

There seemed a lot of people convinced that came off his shoulder. Looks like a really clever bit of instinctive finishing to me.
Jackson on 11:00 - Feb 16 with 3354 viewsDeano69

On the money.

I’ll bet Jackson is black and blue today. Had to run off several crunchy challenges.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 11:01]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Jackson on 11:03 - Feb 16 with 3326 viewsPhilTWTD

It hit him in the face apparently!
Jackson on 11:21 - Feb 16 with 3230 viewsagentp

Jackson on 11:03 - Feb 16 by PhilTWTD

Ahhhh Something Hurst focussed heavily on.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Jackson on 11:41 - Feb 16 with 3130 viewsTerry_Nutkins

It was a beautiful goal because it went in. Really hard one to put away. Just behind him on his head. watched it a few times and i think it's a complete accident. Misheaded onto his own shoulder and its looped back right and up and wrong footed keeper.

Loved it! He did what he could and got his reward!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Jackson on 12:15 - Feb 16 with 3037 viewsWickets

There's a real art to getting hit in the face and scoring ! but lets be honest you earn your luck in football . Thought Jackson and Judge have earned any lucky breaks that come their way this season because playing well or not both of them have worked their socks off when on the pitch neither have hidden when things have not gone their way and thats not always true off some players .
Jackson on 12:27 - Feb 16 with 3003 viewscbower

Jackson on 10:49 - Feb 16 by Steve_M

The great thing was that as it looped away from the keeper there was only one place it was going.

Also though, Edwards got that ball forward early, the defender might have done better but then Judge got the cross in early. We've been too hesitant in those sort of positions this season so that was nice to see.

Judge makes us play more quickly, and that's generally better. I think he had a big part in the improvement in January and also in yesterday's better moves. General fan opinion might catch up soon.

On Judge, I agree and disagree. He is certainly capable of making us play with greater tempo as happened yesterday for example. Unfortunately, he has spent far too much time this season stopping and turning backwards, slowing down the play and recycling meaningless balls across the midfield instead of playing with real intent. He is not the only one either. Nolan is similarly guilty of slowing us down when he is far more capable with the ball than he has shown. Possession football yes, but it has to have intent as Judge showed yesterday.

bluescouser

Jackson on 12:28 - Feb 16 with 3000 viewsITFC_Forever

However it went, and whether there was an element of luck about it, he earnt the goal by gambling and attacking the space where he knew the ball was going to go.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Jackson on 12:42 - Feb 16 with 2948 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ivan Toney is the only League 1 player to have been involved in more goals than Kayden Jackson this season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jackson on 12:43 - Feb 16 with 2942 viewsCoco

He really isnt a good finisher though is he? He is certainly a threat - especially as an old fashioned inside forward but a natural goalscorer he aint. When we use our brains and utilise his pace he is very effective.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

He learn't that skill from Toto. (n/t) on 12:44 - Feb 16 with 2933 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Jackson on 12:59 - Feb 16 with 2897 viewsmonty_radio

It may well have done, but the way he dropped and arched himself slightly backward ro accommodate how the ball arrived at him was brilliant.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Jackson on 13:02 - Feb 16 with 2886 viewsEnigma_Blue

Jackson on 12:43 - Feb 16 by Coco

He really isnt a good finisher though is he? He is certainly a threat - especially as an old fashioned inside forward but a natural goalscorer he aint. When we use our brains and utilise his pace he is very effective.

He has scored 11 goals from just 34 shots this season. Compare this with Norwood who has 11 from 64. It would suggest he is a decent finisher we just need to create more chances for him.
Jackson on 13:06 - Feb 16 with 2870 viewsmonty_radio

Jackson on 13:02 - Feb 16 by Enigma_Blue

He has scored 11 goals from just 34 shots this season. Compare this with Norwood who has 11 from 64. It would suggest he is a decent finisher we just need to create more chances for him.

Though that disparity might be partly a reflection of Norwood's tendency to shoot from wherever, whenever. Then such attempts are logged as chances which they weren't really?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Jackson on 13:19 - Feb 16 with 2801 viewsEnigma_Blue

Jackson on 13:06 - Feb 16 by monty_radio

Though that disparity might be partly a reflection of Norwood's tendency to shoot from wherever, whenever. Then such attempts are logged as chances which they weren't really?

Yes that's probably true, but if we take Jacksons stat in isolation it is very impressive. He has had far fewer shots compared to the other top scorers in the division. Also 22 of his 34 shots have been on target which is impressive.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 13:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024