Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson 10:32 - Feb 16 with 4494 viewshomer_123

That header looks better each time I see it. Very tidy finish.

Should have had a hat trick yesterday but the thing I value and appreciate most is his work rate and ability to deliver a cross/assist.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jackson on 13:25 - Feb 17 with 921 viewsGarv

Jackson on 13:19 - Feb 16 by Enigma_Blue

Yes that's probably true, but if we take Jacksons stat in isolation it is very impressive. He has had far fewer shots compared to the other top scorers in the division. Also 22 of his 34 shots have been on target which is impressive.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 13:22]

Having a lot fewer shots than other top strikers isn't impressive for me. I want my strikers having shots.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Jackson on 13:28 - Feb 17 with 911 viewsHerbivore

Jackson on 13:25 - Feb 17 by Garv

Having a lot fewer shots than other top strikers isn't impressive for me. I want my strikers having shots.

Desperate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jackson on 13:29 - Feb 17 with 911 viewsStokieBlue

Jackson on 13:25 - Feb 17 by Garv

I don't think you can quantify the metric in the way you have.

There have been numerous occasions where Norwood should have passed but shot and missed and also loads of times Jackson could have shot but laid on a chance for another player.

"strikers should have loads of shots" isn't really a very good analysis.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jackson on 13:30 - Feb 17 with 911 viewsStokieBlue

Jackson on 10:36 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

He could easily have had another two goals and a couple of assists yesterday. He makes things happen. I find it odd that some of our fans still don't rate him.

It does make one wonder why they have such a downer on him.

There was one ridiculous post before the match even started having a moan that he was playing.

Bizarre.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Jackson on 13:38 - Feb 17 with 892 viewsjayessess

Despite people's doubts, I do think Jackson would do a job if he got another go in the Championship. If we don't get there, I suspect he might do anyway...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jackson on 13:42 - Feb 17 with 877 viewsDarth_Koont

Jackson on 13:38 - Feb 17 by jayessess

Despite people's doubts, I do think Jackson would do a job if he got another go in the Championship. If we don't get there, I suspect he might do anyway...

Agreed. IMO he's better than Freddie and more of an athlete too.

But like Freddie, Jackson needs to be used in the right way and in an otherwise functioning team.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jackson on 14:03 - Feb 17 with 856 viewsitfcjoe

Jackson on 13:38 - Feb 17 by jayessess

Why do people think he was being offered a new contract in January when still ages to run on his?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jackson on 15:49 - Feb 17 with 790 viewsjayessess

Jackson on 13:42 - Feb 17 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. IMO he's better than Freddie and more of an athlete too.

But like Freddie, Jackson needs to be used in the right way and in an otherwise functioning team.

Definitely. I think a fair few Championship coaches would look at Jackson and think:

(a) Got strength, speed, stamina
(b) Versatile, can play out wide, down the middle
(c) Finishing is decent, if not perfect
(d) Crossing often excellent

He'd already be useful as an impact substitute or as a squad player and with a little refinement, probably a decent Championship striker.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Jackson on 19:09 - Feb 17 with 729 viewsDoctor_Earman

Jacko is a decent striker at this level. His header yesterday was brilliant (if unorthodox) and he deserves a little less criticism than he usually gets. His pace, work rate, and crossing are all pretty good. He needs to work on his one-on-ones/finishing though. Probably should've had 4 yesterday.
Jackson on 19:14 - Feb 17 with 714 viewsbadadski

Jackson on 12:59 - Feb 16 by monty_radio

It may well have done, but the way he dropped and arched himself slightly backward ro accommodate how the ball arrived at him was brilliant.

yeah in judges interview he said Jackson told him he faced it in. Great instinct though as cushioned it though rather than getting a full head in it which probably would have put it over or wide.
Jackson on 19:21 - Feb 17 with 697 viewsMullet

Jackson on 19:14 - Feb 17 by badadski

yeah in judges interview he said Jackson told him he faced it in. Great instinct though as cushioned it though rather than getting a full head in it which probably would have put it over or wide.

The club also showed a reverse angle where it was clear he just got himself in the way and it smacked his face. It's nice to see that even in the previous two games, despite bad results strikers were getting on the end of things and being a bit braver.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024