Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keane looked really good yesterday 15:29 - Feb 16 with 5487 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Deserved a goal but he just sees the right pass. Numerous times he put Jackson away. Lots of people seemed to slate him playing over Norwood but he's a class act. If we are taking it to teams he's excellent.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Keane looked really good yesterday on 15:36 - Feb 16 with 4767 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. Like McGoldrick he's also the sort of player who makes us play well.

Clearly, he's not at McGoldrick's level especially because McG did an incredible job of turning bad service or clearances into attacks. But he looks to be our best player for bringing in those around him and linking the midfield and attack.

Pronouns: He/Him

Keane looked really good yesterday on 16:55 - Feb 16 with 4640 viewsKeaneish

Thought he played well yesterday. Should have buried the chance in the first 5 minutes though instead of having a chance but unlucky with the effort on the stroke of half time. He absolutely has to start chipping in with more goals though. Rarely see him shoot from outside the box and i'd like to see him add this to his game as well as winning more than the occasional header!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:15 - Feb 16 with 4589 viewsJakeITFC

Keane looked really good yesterday on 16:55 - Feb 16 by Keaneish

Thought he played well yesterday. Should have buried the chance in the first 5 minutes though instead of having a chance but unlucky with the effort on the stroke of half time. He absolutely has to start chipping in with more goals though. Rarely see him shoot from outside the box and i'd like to see him add this to his game as well as winning more than the occasional header!

Or, you know, stop kicking it at his head.
Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:18 - Feb 16 with 4585 viewsBLUEBEAT

You can see why he starts over Norwood.

Hope he stays fit for rest of season.

If we go up, can see Norwood moving on.

Poll: W or W

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:19 - Feb 16 with 4577 viewsPecker

He always does. We just don't play to his strengths. Constantly hoofing it to the front 2 isn't going to get the best out of any of our strikers.
Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:22 - Feb 16 with 4562 viewsfooters

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:18 - Feb 16 by BLUEBEAT

You can see why he starts over Norwood.

Hope he stays fit for rest of season.

If we go up, can see Norwood moving on.

Aye. Out of the three, I'd give Jackson and Keane the nod over Norwood. He's still done OK but far too hit-and-miss (literally) for me. If we do go up I'd still worry where our goals are going to come from tho.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:26 - Feb 16 with 4539 viewsGarv

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:19 - Feb 16 by Pecker

He always does. We just don't play to his strengths. Constantly hoofing it to the front 2 isn't going to get the best out of any of our strikers.

Similar to Pitman in that respect.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:27 - Feb 16 with 4527 viewsfooters

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:26 - Feb 16 by Garv

Similar to Pitman in that respect.

That and Pitman was a bit of a tit.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:32 - Feb 16 with 4504 viewsGarv

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:27 - Feb 16 by footers

That and Pitman was a bit of a tit.

Good player though and not used properly.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:47 - Feb 16 with 4474 viewsPecker

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:32 - Feb 16 by Garv

Good player though and not used properly.

Thought you were taking the p1$$. I have mentioned Pitman in regard to Keane a few times and got shouted down.
Keane looked really good yesterday on 18:20 - Feb 16 with 4410 viewsSimonds92

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:47 - Feb 16 by Pecker

Thought you were taking the p1$$. I have mentioned Pitman in regard to Keane a few times and got shouted down.

Agree i can see the comparisons, both massively overrated by Town fans.
Keane looked really good yesterday on 19:12 - Feb 16 with 4325 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Keane reminded me yesterday of the similar role that Scowcroft was so good at.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Keane looked really good yesterday on 19:13 - Feb 16 with 4316 viewsThe_Realist_09

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:19 - Feb 16 by Pecker

Agree with this. He's very good when we play football and he gets it into his feet but struggles when we resort to hoofing up against massive centre halves.
Keane looked really good yesterday on 19:57 - Feb 16 with 4256 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Keane looked really good yesterday on 17:22 - Feb 16 by footers

Aye. Out of the three, I'd give Jackson and Keane the nod over Norwood. He's still done OK but far too hit-and-miss (literally) for me. If we do go up I'd still worry where our goals are going to come from tho.

Certainly agree at the minute. I do think.a confident Norwood is a better striker then Jackson and a better footballer. Jackson has some good qualities at this level but think he'd struggle back at champ level. Norwood needs games but he cant expect to get them.with the competition.

Keane looked really good yesterday on 20:01 - Feb 16 with 4240 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Keane looked really good yesterday on 15:36 - Feb 16 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. Like McGoldrick he's also the sort of player who makes us play well.

Clearly, he's not at McGoldrick's level especially because McG did an incredible job of turning bad service or clearances into attacks. But he looks to be our best player for bringing in those around him and linking the midfield and attack.

Injuries have cost Keane a fantastic career. He does need a few goals but need to his strengths and he'll score a lot. Really good finisher but he's playing more behind Jackson right now and dies a good job of it.I

If as a team we start purring Keane will look at world beater. (Or at least a L1/champ) beater.

Keane looked really good yesterday on 22:49 - Feb 16 with 4065 viewsHciwspi

Show's what I know. I would have subbed him at halftime for Norwood! Heh.
Keane looked really good yesterday on 22:50 - Feb 16 with 4059 viewsFreddies_Ears

He dominated the attacking midfield, and his passing for two of the goals was different class.
Keane looked really good yesterday on 23:09 - Feb 16 with 4019 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Was only thinking this earlier.

It is no great surprise to me though when you keep the ball on the deck and use his footballing ability and intelligence instead of route 1 which really isn’t his game.

When he’s in that kind of team, in the kind of mood, with the right service, he’s right up there at this level in my opinion.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Keane looked really good yesterday on 06:41 - Feb 17 with 3886 viewsHarry_Palmer

Keane looked really good yesterday on 19:57 - Feb 16 by Terry_Nutkins

Certainly agree at the minute. I do think.a confident Norwood is a better striker then Jackson and a better footballer. Jackson has some good qualities at this level but think he'd struggle back at champ level. Norwood needs games but he cant expect to get them.with the competition.

" I do think a confident Norwood is a better striker then Jackson and a better footballer"

I genuinely don't see how anybody can come to this conclusion based on the evidence of this season. Jackson has been involved in 40% of our goals this season, he is clearly our most productive striker. If you think Jackson would struggle back in the Championship then you can double that for Norwood, from what I have seen he would be nowhere near good enough.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 7:31]
Keane looked really good yesterday on 09:37 - Feb 17 with 3698 viewsHerbivore

Keane looked really good yesterday on 06:41 - Feb 17 by Harry_Palmer

" I do think a confident Norwood is a better striker then Jackson and a better footballer"

I genuinely don't see how anybody can come to this conclusion based on the evidence of this season. Jackson has been involved in 40% of our goals this season, he is clearly our most productive striker. If you think Jackson would struggle back in the Championship then you can double that for Norwood, from what I have seen he would be nowhere near good enough.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2020 7:31]

Some of our fans still refuse to acknowledge how good Jackson has been, I think it's a hangover from last season when he struggled to make the step up in a struggling team. He was ridiculous on Saturday, should really have had a hattrick, got an assist and probably should have had another assist had Keane brought his shooting boots. He's been involved in a ton of goals, only Ivan Toney - who is the best player in the league - has been involved in more goals than him. It's bizarre that some still don't have him down as a starter when everyone is fit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keane looked really good yesterday on 09:40 - Feb 17 with 3688 viewsJackPITFC

Dropped into the whole between Midfield and Defence excellently, similar to what McGoldrick used to do.

This created so much space for Judge to get beyond him and his passing through to Jackson was exquisite. It's amazing what happens when you play it to a strikers feet or chest who is good on the ball he is never a target man.
Keane looked really good yesterday on 09:49 - Feb 17 with 3655 viewsHarry_Palmer

Keane looked really good yesterday on 09:37 - Feb 17 by Herbivore

Some of our fans still refuse to acknowledge how good Jackson has been, I think it's a hangover from last season when he struggled to make the step up in a struggling team. He was ridiculous on Saturday, should really have had a hattrick, got an assist and probably should have had another assist had Keane brought his shooting boots. He's been involved in a ton of goals, only Ivan Toney - who is the best player in the league - has been involved in more goals than him. It's bizarre that some still don't have him down as a starter when everyone is fit.

Its really odd, and yet I am surprised by how many people seem to hold this view.

Of course Jackson has his faults, his first touch is not always the best and his finishing can be unreliable but that's why he is playing in the 3rd division.

In terms of making things happen and end product though, the facts speak for themselves. First name on the team sheet for me.
Keane looked really good yesterday on 10:03 - Feb 17 with 3626 viewstheipswichman

Keane looked really good yesterday on 09:49 - Feb 17 by Harry_Palmer

Its really odd, and yet I am surprised by how many people seem to hold this view.

Of course Jackson has his faults, his first touch is not always the best and his finishing can be unreliable but that's why he is playing in the 3rd division.

In terms of making things happen and end product though, the facts speak for themselves. First name on the team sheet for me.

Agreed he's up there with our best players and without a doubt must play every week up top. Most goals and most assists, it's just weird how he continuously doesn't get the praise he deserves. Not only that but he works hard and always puts a shift in, there's a reason why Peterborough, who are notoriously good at signing strikers, wanted him.
Keane looked really good yesterday on 10:07 - Feb 17 with 3614 viewsIPS_wich

Keane's pass for the first goal is the single best bit of quality from any Town player this whole season. Was a without looking, perfectly weighted reverse pass. Glorious.
Keane looked really good yesterday on 10:14 - Feb 17 with 3590 viewsVaughan8

I can't comment on the weekend so I know my opinion won't count, but I have seen him a few times this season and he has looked not very good. Always fouling, or falling over pathetically rarely winning a foul.

If you look at the Burton goal, it starts from him getting easily pushed off the ball for them to go on the attack from our goal kick. However piss poor defending again is the most to blame.

Next we will be having people say he deliberately missed the header for Jackson's goal? haha

Seems to be massively over rated after a good game. If he strings a few good games with a few goals, then we can start "bigging" him up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024